Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Monster Hunter 4

Brandr_

That game had such potential, unfortunately the developers decided to release most of the series on unpopuler gaming devices.

And they released the Monster hunter online on china only i believe, BLOODY CHINA, i mean are you serious?

The game is harder than dark souls if you decide to play single, but most of the gaming community doesnt even know it,

Hey lets make an awesome game for nintendo ds, because we are a bunch of fools.

Anyone excited for it?

I've been waiting for it for months, and now that I look at it... It looks terrible, or is it just me

I'm playing it right now, trust me, it is the best MH game by far. Capcom went above and beyond to make this one worth it. I've been an MH fan since the beginning, I've owned every single form of MH (aside from Frontier, Online and MH2) and this one is the must get.

That game had such potential, unfortunately the developers decided to release most of the series on unpopuler gaming devices.

And they released the Monster hunter online on china only i believe, BLOODY CHINA, i mean are you serious?

The game is harder than dark souls if you decide to play single, but most of the gaming community doesnt even know it,

Hey lets make an awesome game for nintendo ds, because we are a bunch of fools.

And yet somehow the game has sold over 1.6 million copies in just 2 days, gee, it's as if the console isn't making the game go backwards.

Also, MHO is made by a completely different company. It isn't made by Capcom, they are only publishing it. 

The 3DS is not un-popular, if it was the PSVITA then I'd agree with you, but 3DS? Nope.

I'm going through it solo and it's been quite simple. It's a matter of git gud and learn the monster behavioral pattern.

Also, have you even played MH4U yet? It isn't a game that failed on living up to it's hype/potential. It went above what people first thought of it.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

Well I for one am disappointed it is yet another handheld release. Even when in the end, it doesn't appear to have taken much to make a high res version of the exact same game to release on PC. Can't say I have high hopes for MHO, but at least it won't be yet another portable title, or equivalent graphics like Frontier.

Well I for one am disappointed it is yet another handheld release. Even when in the end, it doesn't appear to have taken much to make a high res version of the exact same game to release on PC. Can't say I have high hopes for MHO, but at least it won't be yet another portable title, or equivalent graphics like Frontier.

The graphics for MH4U are quite impressive, especially considering it's on the 3DS. Dahren Mohran literally made me say "wow" when I saw the textures on it. It's really beautiful.

And what's wrong with portable titles? This isn't like a mobile game where it's worth nothing at all in terms of gameplay, this is something that has lasted me for thousands of hours and I can take it with me to school, the mall (or anywhere for that matter) then that's just even better!

Edited by ScrublordPrime

Recently picked this up. Anyone have advice for Basarios? I have such a hard time against them -- unless there's a cliff nearby for me to repeatedly mount them on and stab them, I just can't get them. I'll also note I'm using the charge axe.

I've heard people say the chest, but I can't seem to hit that at all. Heard someone else say bombs.

Edited by Vargras

Recently picked this up. Anyone have advice for Basarios? I have such a hard time against them -- unless there's a cliff nearby for me to repeatedly mount them on and stab them, I just can't get them. I'll also note I'm using the charge axe.

I've heard people say the chest, but I can't seem to hit that at all. Heard someone else say bombs.

What sharpness level is your charge axe at and what damage?

What sharpness level is your charge axe at and what damage?

It's still fairly early in the game, so it's just a Defender 1. I want to say damage is around 350, sharpness is mediocre? Haven't been able to get the materials to upgrade to anything higher yet. I can probably get them if I go into online play, but I feel like I don't have the gear for it yet.

I've been having a lot of fun with the new Insect Glaive. I ended up farming Gore Magala for a little bit until I could make his Insect Glaive, and it's easily been the most fun I've had in a Monster Hunter title to date. 

Nothing is more badass than using the backflip launch to evade a leaping monster's charging attack or hipcheck. Except maybe mounting it afterwards.