Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Question To The Pvp Community/players] Should Primed Reach (And Maybe Primed Mods) Be Toned Down In Some Effectiveness In Pvp Matches?

Renegade343

Hello all,

For the PVP Community/Players, this thread is asking the question: 

Should Primed Reach (and maybe all Primed mods) (or a case-by-case basis) be toned down in effectiveness in PVP Matches (for now, until the PVP modes come online)?

The reason this question is asked is due to the fact that some weapons, when Primed Reach is used, makes the weapon have such a large hitbox, that it could sometimes hit everything in a small-medium room (which includes some Conclave maps, and Dark Sectors PVP rooms/hallways), which makes players equipping Primed Reach be able to kill opponents without having to see them, or even through thick walls.

While in Dark Sectors PVP, this is slightly balanced with the fact that it needs to be unlocked (although that balance is thrown away if a weapon has a V Polarity right on the first or second mod slot), in Conclaves, it does make for a slight bit of imbalance (barring using daggers for coptering fast and quick), as it can be used rather quickly (and polearms can be used as a coptering mobility tool in a pinch [note: in a pinch]). Thus, this question is raised.

Please discuss civilly in this thread about the question.

Renegade343

Primed Reach is incredibly potent for converting a rank 3 mod into a rank 10 mod. I think we should wait on DE's PvP development before we go into detail. Their plan as they said so far is to start bare-bones and work their way through each piece of content until it's deemed suitable for the new PvP game modes.

In Conclave Pvp, these reach mods and other mods do absolutely nothing. The ones that do things for us are the + elemental / + crit or + damage. Those are the ones you have to fear in PvP.

Agreed. If you're close enough for melee you probably didn't need reach. If you're at a distance you'll need to hit hard with a gun. There's no middle ground.

I am not overly interested in PVP, but would like it to be done well so that I can drop in without having to worry about everything.

Having Primed Mods blocked in PVP would be good. Having Primed mods automatically act as their non-Primed maximum rank (for the same cost, if equipment unlocks) would be ideal.

Let me elaborate my opinion as i answered with a unexplained +1 earlier... Melee attacks on PvP serves for four things: Mobility, Stun-Locking, Slide Attacks and Slam Attacks.

(Primed) Reach affects only normal Attacks. Something that is almost never used. On PvP you will slide attack most of the time, because it's way more effective than normal attacks. Eventually you might try a slam attack, something that is also not affected by range mods. Even on the mobility aspect, range mods does not affect the directional attack.

Therefore, range mods only effectively increase stun lock on normal attacks. Stun-Locking is dangerous for player unaware of the benefits of rolling but for a experienced player it's not something they worry all the time, it only happens once in a while. And even so, the trouble you have to close the range on the enemy to attack him, is the same as if you were not using range mods on your melee.

PS: I'm talking about Conclave PvP.

Edited by RexSol