Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Solution To Balancing Pvp: The Stalker Warframe

Irkalla

For starters, I do not want PvP in the game.  I like PvE and I hate when perfectly fine things in PvE get adjusted because they don't balance well in PvP.  This always happens (and vice versa).  Contrary to what you expect (that only one frame would be adjusted), it will happen here.  So, do I support PvP in general?

No.  But this idea is even worse.  This needs to be an opt-in system on both ends.  You said match people on similar levels, but which levels are similar?  Account levels or item levels?  What if I just wanted to rank up some new gear and some 'Stalker' comes in and destroys me because our rank matched, but our gear was a mismatch?  That's neither good PvP nor PvE.  If you match item levels, potatoes unbalance everything.  Additionally, the stalker should not come with a free slot, period.  If it's a frame, it's a frame like any other frame.  Don't mix the whole entitlement debate into the PvP debate.

I have a few issues with this.

1) How often do you actually encounter Stalker? Unless you grind bosses? I've encountered 2 in a month. That's a lot of PvP indeed.

2) How do you balance it? What if you have to kill 1 player with lvl 10 frame and he's together with 3 lvl 5 fully supercharged and supermoded players? Does the stalker level scale with all of the players? So it's one of two scenarios. You either waltz in and instagib one low level player or you get instagibbed by 3 high level players. Either way it's not fun for anybody. 

3) This game is P2P, meaning I could just be playing game, when sudddenly Stalker comes in and my ping skyrockets to hundreads. Well, thank you very much Stalker, much appreciated.

4) Matchmaking would take FOREVER. There's not that many players, you have to split into regions (even then you'll very probably lag), unique condition has to be met (killed boss).

5) It sounds great on paper but in reality you would just join in, in worst case scenario cause lag for all players including you (fun!!), in best case scenario you get instantly splattered. I don't know what epic battles you imagine would happen, but they most certainly wouldn't. It would be boring at best and god damn annoying at worst. It would also have to come with an option to turn this thing off (like dark souls) and I GUARANTEE you that in two weeks this mode would be dead. Time and money wasted for DE.

Edited by LocoWithGun

No. Simply no.

This game is similiar to Diablo, Torchlight and Path of Exile.

The main objective is to GRIND your way to an item or a warframe, and to make it more interesting you get all the stats that show you how much you killed, gained exp, died and so on.

Although I like the idea of yours but he can't be balanced he can only be nerfed making him too weak to oppose 4 Warframes alone. Then Stalker will be the least played Warframe.

P.S.
English not my main. If you find any spelling or grammar mistakes, I'm sorry.

Edited by Lexfinn

I'd prefer a great PvE game than a mediocre PvP and PvE game.

Quite, well said. Also, whenever a reasonably fun game crowbars in PvP in inappropriately, due to whining, it seems to rapidly devolve into a lowest common denominator "esports" crowd thing- a "race to the bottom" in terms of behaivior and attention span. Please, there already is League Of Legends, if that's your thing, with the crowd that it attracts, people. Why try to ruin a game that is still in beta, whose developers clearly state that they don't want PvP at the moment?

Tactical facepalm time.

I have a few issues with this.

1) How often do you actually encounter Stalker? Unless you grind bosses? I've encountered 2 in a month. That's a lot of PvP indeed.

2) This game is P2P, meaning I could just be playing game, when sudddenly Stalker comes in and my ping skyrockets to hundreads. Well, thank you very much Stalker, much appreciated.

3) It sounds great on paper but in reality you would just join in, in worst case scenario cause lag for all players including you (fun!!)

1) You must not like PvP at all to call that much..

2.1) F2P actually, or did you still live in update 6 and before?.. Because last I checked we could get in without paying and get weapons, etc without paying with blueprints..

2.2) The lag/ping depends on the host or how far you are away from the host.. not the other players, unless you maybe own a wooden pc or something from the stone time period.

3) As point 2.2, other players don't cause lag for eachother.. maybe a boat load of skill effects yes, but other then that nope.. Just play in your own region, or simply risk playing with hosts on the other side of the world, which for me, caused not many problems so far, maybe some lag here and there, but not with every match.

Bonus) Try some stores for better internet or some pc parts to upgrade for dropped framerate (ping) and such, or only play in your own region, might help.

There is currently no room for PVP.

Well yes and no.. last I checked any game company is able to do multiple things, I've seen games still in closed beta that are less capable of things currently then DE, so that there is no time or room for it isn't entirely true.. it's always possible, just depends whether the staff decides to work on it or not.

*Hands LocoWithGun a manual with the quote from Venarge to remember not to say P2P as that mostly means Pay2Play with alot of games but Peer2Peer.*

1) Read the context

2) Most of the time Pay to play is reffered to as Pay2P or P2Play. Guess why that is? P2P already has an established meaning, established way before pay to play was even a thing. Surely it's people using it wrong who have to change, no? Let's start a movement.

3) Now that we cleared that up, OT: game is P2P -> stalker can cause lag for entire game.

Ed. 

Aaand I bumped it. Damn it.

Edited by LocoWithGun