Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Actually Impossible To Pay For Mod Upgrading/ducat Items. Deep Explanation Within. Please Support.

SnakeWildlife

That is certainly fair enough. What I was getting at however was that his objection just because Dunking hasn't taken that method to its ultimate end doesn't invalidate the premise - 

But it is, my dear theory-loving friend!

If he cant back up his theoretical calculactions with real practice his words worth nothing.

And if you, people, for even a second will STOP talking about theory and take a look at real situation, you`d understand, that such "effective" farming drives players away. Even your precious Drunken buddy said that he is not ready to farm like that.

Well well well, is it words from someone who claimed to get 2 prime mods maxed within 2 weeks with ease? :D

And about 2 prime mods worth in cores -  proof with screenshot or you know whats your words will be worth if you wont.

But well, I know you will say something like "bla-bla-lba I dont owe you a thing and I dont need to prove anything to you, Founder who have loads of plat" 

But it is, my dear theory-loving friend!

If he cant back up his theoretical calculactions with real practice his words worth nothing.

And if you, people, for even a second will STOP talking about theory and take a look at real situation, you`d understand, that such "effective" farming drives players away. Even your precious Drunken buddy said that he is not ready to farm like that.

Man, you're one annoying person, i've got to give you that. Whatever. If it makes you happy in any way to take a look at my riches, who am i to deny you that?

E9bmOIc.jpgEQ1rSQjm.jpgkaaxJMZm.jpg

As you can see, i can max whatever the hell i want. There just isn't anything left that's worth it for me and the S#&$ just keeps stacking. So why should i farm even more stuff if i'm not going to use it anyway? The trader needs to deliver before that happens. And before you keep spouting nonsense about practical evidence missing, just turn a page back and take a look at the screenshots. If you have the playtime available, nothing stops you from doing what i did there everyday, nothing but yourself.

Edit: Wanna see my ducat count as well? Here, take a look. This is all i've farmed within the last two weeks, after i blew everything i had on primed Continuities. Plus the 10 Flows i bought because why not. Did i mention ducat farming is one of the things i spend the least amount of time in in this game? This farm is really so impossible to keep up with, lol.

Y11rJpHm.jpg1LRuAjRm.jpg

Edited by Dunkingmachine

Man, I`m one annoying person.

And where exactly is proof for this calculations? Only a screenshot with amount of cores to max a mod, that can be found on wiki.

Still nothing new, I can post my screens with 14k platinum and my Lato Prime, so what? Still your words is nothing that a theory, practice will show the real numbers of farming and it will be over 20 hours to max one mod. Just one mod and simply no fun, only grind. Worth it? Good for you, keep it up!

And you still fail to answer one simple question, I dont know how to ask it so you can understand:

How long do you think people can stand such farm? And how many people will actually do it?

Answer that, you can do it to youself, no need to crash your nice theories.

He has barely enough for 3 Mods, after all his farming.

You sir is one of few who understands!

Edited by Vicious_D

And where exactly is proof for this calculations? Only a screenshot with amount of cores to max a mod, that can be found on wiki.

Still nothing new, I can post my screens with 14k platinum and my Lato Prime, so what? Still your words is nothing that a theory, practice will show the real numbers of farming and it will be over 20 hours to max one mod. Just one mod and simply no fun, only grind. Worth it? Good for you, keep it up!

And you still fail to answer one simple question, I dont know how to ask it so you can understand:

How long do you think people can stand such farm? And how many people will actually do it?

Answer that, you can do it to youself, no need to crash your nice theories.

You sir is one of few who understands!

Ignoring the blatantly inflammatory attitude you display in your post, you ask a question that hasn't really been directly asked as if we should've known all along? 

People grind and farm any game like this. Truely, any task you perform more than once could technically be considered grinding it for what it rewards you with. His was an exercise in showing that it can be done within a generalised time frame.

You seem unhappy to spend ~20 hours you mention that is meant to be a long term goal for players.

Allow me to ask you a question - what do you think it should take/be worth to max a Primed mod from scratch? 

Ignoring the blatantly inflammatory attitude you display in your post, you ask a question that hasn't really been directly asked as if we should've known all along? 

People grind and farm any game like this. Truely, any task you perform more than once could technically be considered grinding it for what it rewards you with. His was an exercise in showing that it can be done within a generalised time frame.

You seem unhappy to spend ~20 hours you mention that is meant to be a long term goal for players.

Allow me to ask you a question - what do you think it should take/be worth to max a Primed mod from scratch? 

Where is blatany and inflammatory attitude? I`m asking for an evidence and asking that Drunken dude for answers, not you. I think he just cant answer and only switches to other facts, instead of pointing out weak points in Prime mods system.

But no, we just continue to insult players with a Founder status, because everybody hates founders for being founders. I`m kinda tired of such bad attitude on forums. The fact that we spend money on this game doesnt make us super smart or super wealthy. But it doesnt mean that we all stupid money bags, like you see us either.

And, instead of your friend, I`ll answer your questions:

What do you think it should take/be worth to max a Primed mod from scratch? 

First of all I think that there should be 1 prime mod per month, not 2 mods each week. With current changes we`ll see how soon we`ll get new mod.

Second - DE should rethink their concept of R10 mods, we`ll see what changes will bring that Focus system, but right now R10 is just for a selected few. We already know that elitism is a road to shorten the population. Daum, today I wanted to trade with a guy, but he left dojo and added me ignore list because I had excal prime avatar... thats just too much.

Third - all your friend claims here are purely theoretical. WIll you argue with that? I`ve seen people adding screenshots of dozens of extractions to create statistics for prime parts drop tables. I dont see him proving his words with any form of statistics except a few numbers out of his head. And I dont trust his head.

Last - He claimed that he can max out 2 primed mods in 2 weeks, playing only for 2 hours per day each day. But next said that he never did it and he will never do it. Take time and find this posts. It is true.

All I want is to play the game I want and enjoy it. What you two want eludes me.

Where is blatany and inflammatory attitude?

Aside from what seems to be a general disdain for the opinions expressed - you quoted him and replaced it with a disrespectful comment about him being annoying. 

First of all I think that there should be 1 prime mod per month, not 2 mods each week. With current changes we`ll see how soon we`ll get new mod.

Second - DE should rethink their concept of R10 mods, we`ll see what changes will bring that Focus system, but right now R10 is just for a selected few. We already know that elitism is a road to shorten the population. Daum, today I wanted to trade with a guy, but he left dojo and added me ignore list because I had excal prime avatar... thats just too much.

Third - all your friend claims here are purely theoretical. WIll you argue with that? I`ve seen people adding screenshots of dozens of extractions to create statistics for prime parts drop tables. I dont see him proving his words with any form of statistics except a few numbers out of his head. And I dont trust his head.

Last - He claimed that he can max out 2 primed mods in 2 weeks, playing only for 2 hours per day each day. But next said that he never did it and he will never do it. Take time and find this posts. It is true.

All I want is to play the game I want and enjoy it. What you two want eludes me.

First - do you think there should be one primed mod per month because of the cost to acquire them, or the cost to max them?

Second - by this you mean you perceive players becoming elitist that are able to max out said mods - this happens in everything no matter how hard end game/powerful the things are. 

Third - he posted a sample of a casual play session. The point was to use that data to project how long it would take to acquire mods at that rate. Of course it is theoretical as he didn't post a session in which he acquired the 528 R5 cores that would allow him to max a Primed mod. It is reasonable, however to use that data as a guideline to project how long it would take if he continued.

Last - as I just mentioned he doesn't need to have done it in order to reasonably project how long it would take based on several sessions worth of gameplay.

For instance -- if you average 50 cores per hour it is reasonable to expect it to take 10 hours to reach 500. That will never be an exact figure, but based on the trend you can predict with a reasonably degree of accuracy how long it will take. For the sake of the argument in situ, this was a direct response to the OP claiming mod maxing to be impossible based on his own experience of play.

I just want to play the game too, however when I see people who have ideas that are so out of touch with what is possible I wanted to come in and help inform. Unfortunately insults and trolling have been directed at me and others in this thread. 

Aside from what seems to be a general disdain for the opinions expressed - you quoted him and replaced it with a disrespectful comment about him being annoying. 

What are you talking about? So you think that what he said is disrespectful too then? Or not?

First - do you think there should be one primed mod per month because of the cost to acquire them, or the cost to max them?

Second - by this you mean you perceive players becoming elitist that are able to max out said mods - this happens in everything no matter how hard end game/powerful the things are. 

Third - he posted a sample of a casual play session. The point was to use that data to project how long it would take to acquire mods at that rate. Of course it is theoretical as he didn't post a session in which he acquired the 528 R5 cores that would allow him to max a Primed mod. It is reasonable, however to use that data as a guideline to project how long it would take if he continued.

Last - as I just mentioned he doesn't need to have done it in order to reasonably project how long it would take based on several sessions worth of gameplay.

For instance -- if you average 50 cores per hour it is reasonable to expect it to take 10 hours to reach 500. That will never be an exact figure, but based on the trend you can predict with a reasonably degree of accuracy how long it will take. For the sake of the argument in situ, this was a direct response to the OP claiming mod maxing to be impossible based on his own experience of play.

I just want to play the game too, however when I see people who have ideas that are so out of touch with what is possible I wanted to come in and help inform. Unfortunately insults and trolling have been directed at me and others in this thread. 

1. Whatever floats your boat. 

2. Yes, it happens to games and game servers becames empty. You want that? I dont.

3. Sample. Of one. If you think that 1 session is enough for statistics... good for you! Statistics is a lie anyway, why waste presious farming time to post screenies?!

4. But he does! Or its like a kiddy game: "I can do it in 5 seconds! I can do it in 3! You all are dumb - I already did it!"

No proof, no screens, he just showed his, like he said, "treassures". Dunno what my reaction supposed to be, choke with envy my best guess.

If you care to read the first posts, your dear friend started to insult OP in very disrespectful manner, not in last place because OP was Founder. I`ve seen alot of kiddos who just cant stand our stars and excal prime avatars. They hate it so much they cant stop but saying rubish, even if original post was good and stated flaws. They know they are wrong but just cant shut up and say sorry. 

Many good threads were locked because of their agression, but Lotus knows whats good for us, adequate and undestanding Tenno.

Edited by Vicious_D

What are you talking about? So you think that what he said is disrespectful too then? Or not?

2. Yes, it happens to games and game servers becames empty. You want that? I dont.

3. Sample. Of one. If you think that 1 session is enough for statistics... good for you! Statistics is a lie anyway, why waste presious farming time to post screenies?!

4. But he does! Or its like a kiddy game: "I can do it in 5 seconds! I can do it in 3! You all are dumb - I already did it!"

No proof, no screens, he just showed his, like he said, "treassures". Dunno what my reaction supposed to be, choke with envy my best guess.

If you care to read the first posts, your dear friend started to insult OP in very disrespectful manner, not in last place because OP was Founder. I`ve seen alot of kiddos who just cant stand our stars and excal prime avatars. They hate it so much they cant stop but saying rubish, even if original post was good and stated flaws. They know they are wrong but just cant shut up and say sorry. 

Many good threads were locked because of their agression, but Lotus knows whats good for us, adequate and undestanding Tenno.

Yes I don't agree with some of his comments, but some of the posts here have been pretty intractable and rude themselves. One could be forgiven for letting such attitudes annoy them into making comments. More to the point I was responding to your post, not his.

The Screens he posted were of a session's play yes, to illustrate. How many do you want? He made his estimate before that session, so by design it couldn't have been based on that data. The screens were meant to exemplify what he had said previously, not to stand as sole testament to his idea on the numbers.  Like I said before about it being used as a model that can help predict how long it will take on average. 

I'm just gonna spare the obligatory insults because at this point it has once again become tiring. If you would have actually looked at the first few posts, you would've seen that the first contact of my... dialogue... with the OP came from himself, with a pretty long post full of calling me a troll, liar, kid and mocking me with a funny gif and that until then all of my posts were rather harmless. Yeah, i'm totally the one to blame here, how dare i question his statement of maxing 2 primed per week being physically impossible no matter your game time.

Well, whatever. It should be pretty clear that whether the trader brings 2 new mods or not, it is physically possible and real devoted hardcore players that actually take their completionist attitude serious have the option to max them until his next visit. Whether they'll do that or not i don't really care. Average players won't be able to do that since realistically they won't spend their few h daily with farming, but they can still benefit from primed mods and actually have a long term goal. R10 mods until primed ones were reachable for all players, but they were also immensely powerful and their maxed versions close to mandatory on many builds. No build however needs a mandatory primed Fast Hands or Reach, so that somehow balances it out. I believe that's an acceptable situation.

Edited by Dunkingmachine

Haven't had a new primed mod in the past, what? 6 weeks now? Looks like you got your point across. I'd like to get new stuff now so If you could like, stop complaining, that would be grand. 

Pretty sure that's unrelated.  I think they decided to cycle back through the mods when they launched Baro on consoles so they could have the two platforms more or less in-sync.  Whether they'll loop a lot in the future is debatable, but in the present I think the PC players will be double dipping for awhile.

Well, whatever. It should be pretty clear that whether the trader brings 2 new mods or not, it is physically possible and real devoted hardcore players that actually take their completionist attitude serious have the option to max them until his next visit. Whether they'll do that or not i don't really care. Average players won't be able to do that since realistically they won't spend their few h daily with farming, but they can still benefit from primed mods and actually have a long term goal. R10 mods until primed ones were reachable for all players, but they were also immensely powerful and their maxed versions close to mandatory on many builds. No build however needs a mandatory primed Fast Hands or Reach, so that somehow balances it out. I believe that's an acceptable situation.

The problem is - it becomes mandatory. If you bring in useless primed mods - whats the point? If you bring good mods - like flow or duration - they will simply replace normal versions. I dont even play without R10 primed Flow, huge energy pool is a must. And how many people maxed at least 1 mod to rank 10? I honestly bought all my R10 mods, leveled only Bite to R10 and purely to know if I can. And this only almost killed the game for me - too long and too boring to farm. And trust me - more than half of players thinks the same.

So the question remains - even if its possible to rank 2 mods per 2 weeks, it will absolutely dry you out. Is it worth it? No, it is not. And as a long term goal we should have something else, like weapons or cosmetics, which I hope will be added in U16.

Right now R10 prime mods just a worsening of grind.

Oh and you wrong about primed reach, build based on melee Orthos for examle. Primed reach increases range for like 2.5 times which makes in it a superior melee. Also some people enjoy whips, which benefits greatly from reach mods.

Edited by Vicious_D

There seem to be 2 or even 3 groups of people here =/
and is so hard to cater to all of them without miss understanding..

There are people at the "end game" that in order to continue playing... there is only one thing left for us  to do which is trying to complete everything we can

people in the middle are mix-ish.. some have their best set of gear and stick to it and play the game once in a while and chooses what they want to have... others may want to reach "end game"

and people below that started to play who looks up to the middle and end game users to confirm weather this game is "playable" either to achieve end game or juz plain having fun...

this is something more or less that I wanted to say but it is not completely what I am trying to say

and by no mean correct or accurate but I am trying to...

I don't have the time but I want to help out too

What i'm trying to say is there is many gaps in the game between player and even DE... poor DE's trying to make everyone happy and at the same time balancing it for new and old players...

how do we connect and come to a conclusion or even agree on some statement that we could all agree on???

I bet if all of us could agree (unify) we would get what we want and still help maintain balance for the game

p/s Excuse my bad English

The problem is - it becomes mandatory. If you bring in useless primed mods - whats the point? If you bring good mods - like flow or duration - they will simply replace normal versions. I dont even play without R10 primed Flow, huge energy pool is a must. And how many people maxed at least 1 mod to rank 10? I honestly bought all my R10 mods, leveled only Bite to R10 and purely to know if I can. And this only almost killed the game for me - too long and too boring to farm. And trust me - more than half of players thinks the same.

So the question remains - even if its possible to rank 2 mods per 2 weeks, it will absolutely dry you out. Is it worth it? No, it is not. And as a long term goal we should have something else, like weapons or cosmetics, which I hope will be added in U16.

Right now R10 prime mods just a worsening of grind.

Oh and you wrong about primed reach, build based on melee Orthos for examle. Primed reach increases range for like 2.5 times which makes in it a superior melee. Also some people enjoy whips, which benefits greatly from reach mods.

I much prefer capped out efficiency over energy pools, there's no need for flow on any of my caster build. Even on Saryn you can nuke a complete t4e with just the 150 base energy. Also the way flow works on energy scaling lessens it's impact a bit, a 100 base energy frame with 150 energy on r30 will have 300 energy with a normal flow, and 425 with a primed flow, so just ~42% more instead of the usual 83% advantage primed mods provide. The only time where i think this is relevant is on Quick Thinking builds.

As for Reach, there are a few weapons that benefit from it (namely polearms), on many weapons however, it's a total waste. I would never bring a reach melee for a high level t4s run, single target damage on priority targets is more important than hitting another lancer nearby. Last time i checked, whips were still bugged btw and didn't get increased range at all.

It's just a matter of view, different players use different mods, all depending on their favourite gear. Some might like the Bo prime and invest into Heavy Trauma, but won't need Reach as it sadly sucks on staves. If you think maxed primed mods are a must to perform, well that's you, I and a lot of other players thing otherwise. I'll rank my Flow from 9 to 10 when I think i have the cores to spare, but I don't actively work towards it, at least not often. A few games of Triton every other days aren't so bad and actually pretty fun, at least that's what I think.

Agree with the guy above, primed mods are far from being mandatory.

Most of them, if not all, are situational: they're only [good/better than normal mods] on specific builds for specific weapons/frames.

I mean, think about it.

- Primed Flow has already been mentionned, good for QT builds, for like 2 or 3 frames.

- Primed Point Blank is ok, but Shotguns are still lackluster in general (hello damage fall-off), so what's the point? (and I did rank it to 9 till I realized that)

- Primed Ravage is a joke

- Primed Heated Charge, I personally haven't touched it yet, I only use Fire on Grineer builds (for Radiation), so that's a lot of investment for just ONE build. I don't know, maybe for a special pure fire Ember build, but then again, meh.

- Primed Pistol mutation, lol, not even gonna say a word about it.

- Primed Heavy Trauma, only barely viable on 2 or 3 high-tier melee weapons. Then again, it's melee...

- Primed Reach, same sh!t, makes melee a bit less painful to use tho.

- Primed Fast Hands, 12% less reload time than the normal one for a ton of cores and credits...if you like wasting ressources, this one is a must.

The only one I would personally say is generally better, is Primed Continuity. You can find a good use for it on many frames for many builds.

And the only one I am waiting for (and most of the community) is Primed Streamline, but I even doubt it's ever gonna be released. It would literrally break the game even more.

Once again, they're just credit/core sinks for vets.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Thelonious

OK, I'll be honest, I don't understand why this argument is even happening. OP has stated that obtaining and maxing out every new prime mod is impossible, and the only counter argument is that you can, in theory max everything out by doing a very tedious grind that will most definitely burn players out.

Seriously, why is this argument even a thing, if OP is right, S#&$ needs to change, and if drunken's right, S#&$ still needs to change because it's absolutely no fun at all. I mean, I can understand where OP is coming from. I used to constantly walk around with 2.5-3mil credits, my way of getting them: Farming sechura. Every weapon I get WILL get 3-5 forma on it and I promise you that when you go for that many, there will be alot of runs where you leave after wave 5 because nobody stays. Ever since primed mods came around, I can barely keep 200k on me because the damn things cost so much and cost over 1.6m to max with the least expensive method.

Also, do people really hate founders just because? I mean, I used to be a bit jelly of them when excalibur was my favorite frame (and then they nerfed the F*** out of him lol), and after that, I honestly felt bad that the founders, the people who made this game as big as it is, payed for something only to have it changed. I've never once hated them though, I mean, they're usually pretty generous with trades, and help alot in recruiting. If the hate is true, i really see no reason why it exists.

Forgot to mention, using statistics is not a good way to measure things in these situations. Take it from someone who failed 13 90% chances in a row in another game called Phantasy Star Online 2, no matter how good odds are, there's always an exception, and it hurts when you're the exception.

Edited by Flowen231

I don't think anyone's said the system doesn't need to change, it has been about the OP with a few offshoots here and there. I've said several times that the costs are too high to one degree or another without something else to counter them. 

A lot of space has been taken up by people misunderstanding intent or wording (potentially on purpose) and things have gotten bogged down. 

At the end of the day it has been proven that said mods aren't impossible to max, but the time/effort/funds required are generally too high by anyone's standards. 

On a side note, I really don't see any founder hate here other than someone making an offhand comment about being a veteran. 

I think that may be something you've inferred out of context.

Edited by SoyMalone

Agree with the guy above, primed mods are far from being mandatory.

Most of them, if not all, are situational: they're only [good/better than normal mods] on specific builds for specific weapons/frames.

~snip~

Once again, they're just credit/core sinks for vets.

Nothing more, nothing less.

That can be said about all mods though. Continuity, primed or not is completely worthless to my Saryn, while primed flow is great for my Hydroid.

Just because a mod doesn't cater to your specific play style doesn't invalidate it.

I don't think anyone's said the system doesn't need to change, it has been about the OP with a few offshoots here and there. I've said several times that the costs are too high to one degree or another without something else to counter them. 

A lot of space has been taken up by people misunderstanding intent or wording (potentially on purpose) and things have gotten bogged down. 

At the end of the day it has been proven that said mods aren't impossible to max, but the time/effort/funds required are generally too high by anyone's standards. 

On a side note, I really don't see any founder hate here other than someone making an offhand comment about being a veteran. 

I think that may be something you've inferred out of context.

Many of the arguments I've seen here fail to address that this is an issue with more than one part. It's not just grinding to max that one mod in two weeks, but also being able to obtain it and the potential second mod as well. It's balancing three currencies while DE seems intent on separating their acquisition as much as they can.

According to the screens Dunking posted it would take 24 and a half hours to gain the cores necessary with casual but focused play to max a primed mod, but only about 260k credits. Over a million short, and that does nothing to pay for the mod in the first place.

Keep in mind, that is per primed mod. More weeks than not, before the cycling, we got two.

That can be said about all mods though. Continuity, primed or not is completely worthless to my Saryn, while primed flow is great for my Hydroid.

Just because a mod doesn't cater to your specific play style doesn't invalidate it.

Many of the arguments I've seen here fail to address that this is an issue with more than one part. It's not just grinding to max that one mod in two weeks, but also being able to obtain it and the potential second mod as well. It's balancing three currencies while DE seems intent on separating their acquisition as much as they can.

According to the screens Dunking posted it would take 24 and a half hours to gain the cores necessary with casual but focused play to max a primed mod, but only about 260k credits. Over a million short, and that does nothing to pay for the mod in the first place.

Keep in mind, that is per primed mod. More weeks than not, before the cycling, we got two.

Gotta say I agree with everything you just said. 

We got bogged down in some details because they were demanded and it didn't get any better as they were further commented on. 

I keep thinking about what I would say if a decent total amount of directed play to support the purchase and maximisation of a primed mod. 2 weeks overall doesn't feel like a bad number, but should include all one has to do to achieve the above. 

The problem is when the mod can only cater to specific playstyles.

If you have a primed mod you can only equip on one or two weapons/frames, or worse, only on a single build of those one or two weapons/frames, why would you wast...err, spend so much ressources ranking up a primed mod when you can just be fine with the normal version?

Might as well max Provoked, Lasting Sting, and all those useless Archwing and Kubrow r10 mods, not to mention Tainted Mag, Tainted Shell, etc...

Cause that's exactly how most primed mods are.

Does anyone have all of those maxed? I wonder...sometimes I'm still amazed at some people's stupidi...err, perseverance.

But complaining it's too much of a grind to do so...

/facepalm

I can obtain 3000 mods dupes in a day of grind, by myself as a necros. Using teamwork and greedy pull its possible to get that many in 3 hours. If you cant do it in 4 months you should seek the help of other experienced players.

The games gear content is not being designed for every player to unlock every piece of it, doing so is a monumental undertaking.

I enjoy this ballance, I was so happy when they introduced more content for me to unlock.

Edited by HurpadurpusRex

I can obtain 3000 mods dupes in a day of grind, by myself as a necros. Using teamwork and greedy pull its possible to get that many in 3 hours. If you cant do it in 4 months you should seek the help of other experienced players.

The games gear content is not being designed for every player to unlock every piece of it, doing so is a monumental undertaking.

I enjoy this ballance, I was so happy when they introduced more content for me to unlock.

inb4 "post 2 weeks of screenshots or stop trolling"