Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Many People Have Played 'dark Sector'?

ajoman

FTFY even though I never played it.

The combat system was fleshed mainly around using the Glaive. Using ordinary weapons was a bit clunky and, often times, less effective (exposing yourself too much). This created a bias to using the Glaive and the Glaive only. That quickly becomes a monotonous task. 

The most interesting piece was the story being crafted, and the atmosphere created. 

For me, there was the ominous sensation of fear, though there was never any real horror. To be honest, a good game story, wrapping around a character like Hayden, should be able to do that, and it did. 

The crafted world was a bit rushed, feeling, I would assume because they had to make nearly entirely new assets, or that DE was a bit lower budget game studio back then; I'm not really sure. I did feel as though there was a bit of neglected love put into it. Like the devs really wanted it to be an awesome game, but couldn't help but become un-inspired during the creation. 

After reading about the original Dark Sector concept and that story, that feeling is now more understandable. 

finished it a few weeks ago, only problem I had was I got it off steam and there was an annoying bug that caused the HUD to go off the screen so I never knew how much ammo I had (apparently the game was never designed for widescreen formats? idk that's what some guy told me on the steam forums.)

didn't matter in the end though, I only used the glaive/pistol with enferon rounds combo after I unlocked aftertouch.