Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Prime Weapons Use Reg Weapons Skins?

-Kraeno-

Question

10 answers to this question

Nope. One reason why I still have the normal soma and scindo. Would feel like a waste just to pitch them and not be able to use the skins I bought.

Exactly, I got a Scindo skin hoping to use it when I get my Scindo Prime (Which I have now) and I got really disapointed when I found out that I could do not use any of the skins on it.

There should be a warning or something like this before you buy this kind of stuff, because all Prime Warframes are able to use the Immortal and other skins, so why the hell prime weapons can't?

Edited by Wulfhram

Which fails to explain lack of Manticore or Dagger skins.

Manticore is a stat skin, which could easily get out of hand on the prime, though it could just be made to not apply stats on the prime.

On a related note though, the normal weapon skins could just make the primes use the normal version's model.

Exactly, I got a Scindo skin hoping to use it when I get my Scindo Prime (Which I have now) and I got really disapointed when I found out that I could do not use any of the skins on it.

There should be a warning or something like this before you buy this kind of stuff, because all Prime Warframes are able to use the Immortal and other skins, so why the hell prime weapons can't?

For all technical reasons, it's because the weapons are different models than the originals. For example, the two boltors are different models, therefore, any skin for boltor would stretch awkwardly on the boltor p. For boltor p. to have a skin, it would actually have to have it's own unique skin, not just the original boltor's.

Warframes can use immortal skins because they are virtually the same model (minus the head) with some gold bits tacked on. Immortal skins wouldn't be possible if say rhino p. had more armor plating than the original or grew a couple feet taller. He would then have to have a unique skin, as an immortal one wouldn't work.

It would be nice though if there was a warning in the market where you buy the skins - ex. doesn't not work on prime version. Maybe they'll make skins for prime weapons but that depends on the priority I suppose. The models could also be swapped out when you use a skin but that will probably cheese people off who want the fancy boltor model but have to use normal boltor instead or whatever weapon people choose.

As for the manticore and whatnot skins, apparently prime weapons are not supposed to have non prime skins probably due to stats.

Edited by Brahkest