Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Mod Unlocks In Dark Sector's Solar Rail Conflict And Forma

stankopk

So I was lead to believe from many sources (mainly the wiki) that a weapon , for example primary would activate slots 1 to 8 on levels 6 9 14 18 23 25 29 30. Didn't seem logical at all but I took it and went to do some PvP. While the idea was awesome I saw that my weapon got some numbers just like the wiki said and went on to forma it so that it would unlock the mods I wanted in the desired order.

Now, after I've putted 5! FORMA-s on it I went to check the numbers again. Surprise, surprise all my work and resources went to hell. So after some testing and researching I understand how the system work now and decided to share it with you guys so you won't do the same mistake.

So when you go to Dark Sector Conflict you get unranked AND UNFORMAED version of the weapon you picked. It has reaktor installed and the same polarities as if it's brand new. Every time it level you get 2 points and then the game checks if the points you've accumulated are enough to unlock the mods in the order given in the wiki - from left to right , 1st row then 2nd, just like you read a book. So for example rank 4 weapon would have 8 points. Now the interesting part - as I wrote before only the weapon's factory polarities aply, that means if you for example changed the upper left mod's (the 1st one that unlocks) polarity from D to Y and expect that you have enough points to unlock maxed serration - you are wrong. You would actually need DOUBLE the amounts, resulting in having to have rank 9 weapon to unlock it.

Another interesting thing is that you only have 60 points (actually a little more because of the default polarities) so you can't have all your maxed modes, so there is that to consider as well.

TL& DR - I want to bring my own formas on MY weapon, wich I made to the Dark Sector Conflicts.

Perhaps unified system where slots unlock like 4 8 12 and so on should be implemented? That would reward using formas on weapon to plan out wich mod do a player value more in the flow of the match ( early , mid , late game).

I feel like levels 1 - 10 are used while in the landing part, levels 10-20 are fighting inside and 20+ are when we fight for the core destruction/defense. Any reason why the polarities shouldn't be the way we make them on our weapons ?

Discuss :)

It's tehnicly more than 60 points, because of the default polarities. Dread for example have 2 Y (or V, it's the same) polarities, so putting 2 high cost mods there can make it like 74, wich makes it a good weapon, but for someone like me who doesn't like bows I would like the same double V on a rifle instead of D and something else and on completely random places.

We should wait and see what the new system would offer but I was happy with the mod unlocking way of progression.

EDIT: Be aware that mods that can't be unlocked due to this limitation are shown to be unlocked at level 30 but are NEVER unlocked even if they are in your initial setup. I was wandering where my 75% power efficiency went ... :D

Edited by stankopk