Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Possible To Actually Change Around Skin Files So Your Warframe Skin Looks Like Another?

sappinmahsentry

Even if it is possible, I would risk saying it's too much work to consider it worth it.

Models and textures are stored in large encrypted files, I doubt you'd really want to extract, replace and repack those archives every time DE hotfixes their thing.

Not to mention the launcher would probably punch you in the face saying "this looks wrong, I'ma redownload errything."

Edited by Shifted

It wouldn't be a good idea to do that, even if you know what you're doing, you either still risk messing something up internally, or DE could take notice and obviously not be so happy about that, thus also risking your account and all of those hours played.

In short, no Excalibur Prime for you.

Heard this on the wikia a year ago, wondering if it actually works, don't wanna f*ck up the game so I wanna know, does it work?

The game files are not accessible like that anymore.

i think those are stored server side.

Like for instance if you join laggy host you character will be quite often excalibur with default coloring even if you chose different warframe.

Nah they're stored client-side, it's just that a laggy host might not tell you which frame the user is at first.