Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For high tech, bio-ninja...we sure have lousy weapon tech...

LordLokai

Comes down to asthetics...and the weapons, and it is something jumped out at me, having gotten a few games in now. Maybe this changes down the road but... so far i feel like i'm playing any other 3rd person modern military shooter, only with a sword melee attack instead of a knife. The problem i have with it is pure asthetics but, where are the cool alien guns? where is sci-fi blasters? where are the rail gun and laser rifles? where is my plasma caster, and energy grenades?

For a game that seems to put such a focus on fact you are some sci-fi futureistic space ninja, the technology for weapons feels like i could walk down street to a local gun dealer, and buy same thing in the here and now. Shotguns, hand guns, sniper rifles and the like is all well and good, but i think needs to be something makes them feel like they are not common day weapons.

Not to say i dont want any slug thrower style weapons in the game, it'd just be nice to see something was more in line with the fact we are bad &#! aliens with futureistic technology, and not hand me down guns from the human faction. Maybe there is a story line reason for it but it ranks as ONE thing bugs me the most about the setting of the game...maybe i'n alone in that fact.

Comes down to asthetics...and the weapons, and it is something jumped out at me, having gotten a few games in now. Maybe this changes down the road but... so far i feel like i'm playing any other 3rd person modern military shooter, only with a sword melee attack instead of a knife. The problem i have with it is pure asthetics but, where are the cool alien guns? where is sci-fi blasters? where are the rail gun and laser rifles? where is my plasma caster, and energy grenades?

For a game that seems to put such a focus on fact you are some sci-fi futureistic space ninja, the technology for weapons feels like i could walk down street to a local gun dealer, and buy same thing in the here and now. Shotguns, hand guns, sniper rifles and the like is all well and good, but i think needs to be something makes them feel like they are not common day weapons.

Not to say i dont want any slug thrower style weapons in the game, it'd just be nice to see something was more in line with the fact we are bad &#! aliens with futureistic technology, and not hand me down guns from the human faction. Maybe there is a story line reason for it but it ranks as ONE thing bugs me the most about the setting of the game...maybe i'n alone in that fact.

It in closed beta, most of the things you are asking for are being worked on lol XD. You have to realize the game is no where close being done.

Edited by Psyren

It in closed beta, most of the things you are asking for are being worked on lol XD. You have to realize the game is no where close being done.

it's called feedback? i realize its closed beta... if the devs don't know about things we dislike how can they improve on it? complaining/pointing out aspects of the game that bother yous is PART of being a beta tester. Along with finding bugs, and exploits and other such things. Don't be a fanboy and lawl its fine, just because you love the game. Be critical, be harsh, and do it because you like the game.

Yes i enjoy the game but are things that stand out to me... this is why i made this post...this is the feed backs section god forbid i...give feed back >,>

it's called feedback? i realize its closed beta... if the devs don't know about things we dislike how can they improve on it? complaining/pointing out aspects of the game that bother yous is PART of being a beta tester. Along with finding bugs, and exploits and other such things. Don't be a fanboy and lawl its fine, just because you love the game. Be critical, be harsh, and do it because you like the game.

Yes i enjoy the game but are things that stand out to me... this is why i made this post...this is the feed backs section god forbid i...give feed back >,>

lol, XD, not trying to be a fanboy XD. If it is complaining you want I can do that, starting off with the freaking annoying &#! inventory system moving on to melee weapons being too similar, to the new unreliable Blueprint system XD.

Edited by Psyren

lol, XD, not trying to be a fanboy XD. If it is complaining you want I can do that, starting off with the freaking annoying &#! inventory system moving on to melee weapons being too similar, to the new unreliable Blueprint system XD.

Nah just saying, some people will come and defend a game to the bitter end no matter what faults it has, if you don't like a facet of a game, be vocal about it, back up why and explain yourself. Nothing wrong with complaining... if we didnt complain nothing would ever get fixed =P

we're samaris not ninjas :-P

Samarai? have you ever seen a samarai? have you ever seen a samarai's stance? combat style? or design... Samarai do not sneak around in the shadows, and break into installiations. They are massively heavy armored soldiers, with a code of honor...who always fight there enemies directly in hand to hand combat. They follow the bushido code...

Everything about this game has us sneaking in the shadows, skulking coordors, and using every dirty tactic to get the job don, our armor may be tough but seems fairly light weight, and mobile, we are very acrobatic, and sword style uses a single handed sword more similar to the ninja-do or wakasashi then a full blown katana.

Sorry but =x they seem far more like Shinobi to me then Samarai...

Edited by LordLokai

Actually this is a very valid point. Eventhough in closed beta some of them are obvious that are not going to change. If you really believe some of the weapons should shoot somehting else then express your concern by saying exactly what you want changed and how you want it changed.

When it comes to delivering lethal amounts of force, kinetic weapons work just as well as energy weapons. Also, I get the feeling that the vast majority of armaments are stolen from the Grineer, so that's... uh, something. Keep in mind that it's something of a 40K-ish setting, where technology and progress were once abundant, but have now been lost to time.

When it comes to delivering lethal amounts of force, kinetic weapons work just as well as energy weapons. Also, I get the feeling that the vast majority of armaments are stolen from the Grineer, so that's... uh, something. Keep in mind that it's something of a 40K-ish setting, where technology and progress were once abundant, but have now been lost to time.

What. This is nothing like a 40k setting. All the Tenno warframes are made using materials dropped by mobs, with blueprints dropped by mobs. There's no ancient irreproducible technology here.

In response to the OP, most of the weapons are of Grineer or Corpus design. Theoretically since the Tenno are just coming out stasis/hiding for centuries, their manufacturing capabilities are a bit low due to population, lack of materials and need to stay hidden. So currently they are commandeering equipment till their manufacturing capabilities come fully back on. The new Tenno designed weapons, Fragor and Scintor, that were just released supports this theory.

In response to the OP, most of the weapons are of Grineer or Corpus design. Theoretically since the Tenno are just coming out stasis/hiding for centuries, their manufacturing capabilities are a bit low due to population, lack of materials and need to stay hidden. So currently they are commandeering equipment till their manufacturing capabilities come fully back on. The new Tenno designed weapons, Fragor and Scintor, that were just released supports this theory.

The Corpus put buckets on their heads to armor them.

The Grineer oppose the corpus, therefore armor everything but their heads.

Then you have the technocyte plague. Zombies. They don't armor anything. Braaaaains!

1) Has you seen the robots with plasma laser like weapons/explody napalm grenade/shiny orbs of death/etc?

2) Obviously the Tenno only recently developed shield technology....then prompty went into cryogenic sleep which likely be why they use swords (better to cut through shields me suppose) which the enemies be using stuff like weaponized vomit, plasma, etc while we still use "regular" guns.

3) The warframe abilities. For example, mag & Loki obviously be very sci fi (magnets don't work that way, we can't teleport, etc)

4) What be a "plasma caster"?

Although that raises the question, why can't Loki just swap teleport a Loki shaped part off an enemy & kill it?

x:

Edited by Hamsta

In japanese, Tenno means emperor, so you could say, that we are playing as a high-race. The race is supposed to be ancient and that is why Tenno use gunplay instead of lazers. And there is also teh fact, that they cant reproduce their old tec, if they lost their memory.