Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For high tech, bio-ninja...we sure have lousy weapon tech...

LordLokai

In japanese, Tenno means emperor, so you could say, that we are playing as a high-race. The race is supposed to be ancient and that is why Tenno use gunplay instead of lazers. And there is also teh fact, that they cant reproduce their old tec, if they lost their memory.

Aye, we be playing as an army of brain damaged (fine, fine, "amnesia") space samurai ninja pirates using centuries old technology while forced to raid lockers to try and rebuild the tech we has lost.

It seems like when starting a new character, we should at least be wielding more Tenno style weapons. If we've come out of sleep or hiding, we would probably still have the hand-me-downs and relics we once had, while still being able to pick up and use Grineer and Corpus tech. So it would be nice if at least the starting weapons, no matter the stats, weren't quite so Grineer-esque. We don't necessarily need plasma/energy weapons or anything, just stylistic cues that differentiate a Braton from what was once standard issue Tenno Warframe gear.

It seems like when starting a new character, we should at least be wielding more Tenno style weapons. If we've come out of sleep or hiding, we would probably still have the hand-me-downs and relics we once had, while still being able to pick up and use Grineer and Corpus tech. So it would be nice if at least the starting weapons, no matter the stats, weren't quite so Grineer-esque. We don't necessarily need plasma/energy weapons or anything, just stylistic cues that differentiate a Braton from what was once standard issue Tenno Warframe gear.

O.O this +1.

Nah just saying, some people will come and defend a game to the bitter end no matter what faults it has, if you don't like a facet of a game, be vocal about it, back up why and explain yourself. Nothing wrong with complaining... if we didnt complain nothing would ever get fixed =P

Samarai? have you ever seen a samarai? have you ever seen a samarai's stance? combat style? or design... Samarai do not sneak around in the shadows, and break into installiations. They are massively heavy armored soldiers, with a code of honor...who always fight there enemies directly in hand to hand combat. They follow the bushido code...

Everything about this game has us sneaking in the shadows, skulking coordors, and using every dirty tactic to get the job don, our armor may be tough but seems fairly light weight, and mobile, we are very acrobatic, and sword style uses a single handed sword more similar to the ninja-do or wakasashi then a full blown katana.

Sorry but =x they seem far more like Shinobi to me then Samarai...

They're nothign like ninja OR samurai to be quite honest.

And yeh, I hope they update with a bunch of cool weaponry too.

Giving feedback is the right idea.

Though I want to point out that I think bullets are cooler than lasers and such.

I prefer to use bullets in my sci fi games.

railguns and guass cannons are also sweeeet.

When it comes to delivering lethal amounts of force, kinetic weapons work just as well as energy weapons. Also, I get the feeling that the vast majority of armaments are stolen from the Grineer, so that's... uh, something. Keep in mind that it's something of a 40K-ish setting, where technology and progress were once abundant, but have now been lost to time.

These individuals have the right idea. I think DE are going for a less conventional scifi setting, not a Star Wars or Star Trek clone like the Mass Effect universe.

Edited by Sealgaire

I guess it just kills the entire immersion for me, when i have this interesting race, and character and he pulls out a 44 magnum... i don't care that the magnum is a magnum... i just wish it had sound assets, and a skin that made it feel a bit more unique. If you look at mass effects weapons and guns, you'll see most of the weapons have own feel, look, and sound... which sets it apart from modrn day weapons. Also fact that alot of these weapons dont feel as weighty as they maybe should? then again we are in some kind of biosuit but still... i just wanna feel like they are aliens, and not humans in fancey suits.