Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Excalibur

(XBOX)SkinnyANOINTED1

This is a rehash for comments and ideas about an Excalibur rework. All those who love Excalibur feel free to drop ideas. My first thought is that some changes should be made to the melee system (ie. combo counter, stamina). With that said, let him be the first to be infused with Dragon technology making his super jump a two step system that works something like this:

Superjump/supercharge: tapping the button engages super jump, holding it down initiates super charge. Supercharge gives a buff in melee attack speed, channeling efficiency, and unlimited stamina during the duration (4/6/8/10). Affected by power strength and duration.

I'm sorry what is this?, I can't barely understand any of this

And, no not really, Excal is fine on his own, he an starter warframe for a reason Xbone

But, giveing him buffs to his powers and such be nice, and maybe remove supe jump with something, yeah.

Otherwise, no

Oh and this don't belong here, this goes in Fan-Concepts 

Moved to Warframe Feedback.

Ninja'd 

Agreed and simply add the supercharge to super jump by holding down the button. Also give him much higher stamina.

no superhcarge 

just more stamina , more damage from abilities and a slightly bigger energy pool;

That's it ,it's a direct upgrade not a different frame

+it should require an excalibur frame to craft  seems logical to me

no superhcarge 

just more stamina , more damage from abilities and a slightly bigger energy pool;

That's it ,it's a direct upgrade not a different frame

+it should require an excalibur frame to craft  seems logical to me

Well what I was talking about is a direct upgrade but I would like to see better synergy with his skills and powers and the name Dragon doesn't have to be a part of it. It could be any name to distinguish it from regulate Excalibur. The whole idea of supercharge is to help with this synergy and make him a better Sword frame. Ok let it cost 65 energy but give a melee speed boost by 5/10/15/20% (fixed) for a duration of 4/6/8/10 seconds (affected by duration mods), unlimited stamina for the duration, and no channeling cost.

Changes that I'd like to see:

Slash Dash : 

Damage scales from the combo multiplier.

Radial Blind

No conceptual changes needed; just fix the hit detection. Allow the tip of the sword to produce the blinding effect as well, so players can poke the sword out from behind cover and blind anything that sees it.

Super Jump :

The concept is a bit wonky at the moment (the invisibility feels especially arbitrary), but there's no denying that this ability works, and it works well. Currently one of the best panic buttons in the game.

- Remove the post-cast delay (so you can actually do something besides shooting after you press 3).

- Officially support Super Jumping off walls. (currently available only as a glitch)

- Allow falling velocity to play a role in the range and damage of melee slam attacks. (Doesn't have to be a SJ-specific buff.)

Radial Javelin

Damage scales from the combo multiplier, but does not add to or refresh the combo meter. This allows players to effectively "charge up" their Ultimates by using melee and/or sweeping around with Slash Dash, making it perfectly viable for damage in endgame without being overpowered or encouraging spamming.

Base stats :

Maybe an increase to stamina or something. Nothing major needs changes here.

I keep seeing a lot of "super jump sux remove it" suggestions, but seriously, Super Jump is perfectly fine if you know how to use it. I don't mind suggestions for an alternate "3" (e.g. an unlockable "Super Charge" that players can choose to equip to replace Super Jump), but there is no reason for Super Jump to be removed from the game.

Edited by SortaRandom

Changes that I'd like to see:

Slash Dash : 

Damage scales from the combo multiplier.

Radial Blind

No conceptual changes needed; just fix the hit detection. Allow the tip of the sword to produce the blinding effect as well, so players can poke the sword out from behind cover and blind anything that sees it.

Super Jump :

The concept is a bit wonky at the moment (the invisibility feels especially arbitrary), but there's no denying that this ability works, and it works well. Currently one of the best panic buttons in the game.

- Remove the post-cast delay (so you can actually do something besides shooting after you press 3).

- Officially support Super Jumping off walls. (currently available only as a glitch)

- Allow falling velocity to play a role in the range and damage of melee slam attacks. (Doesn't have to be a SJ-specific buff.)

Radial Javelin

Damage scales from the combo multiplier, but does not add to or refresh the combo meter. This allows players to effectively "charge up" their Ultimates by using melee and/or sweeping around with Slash Dash, making it perfectly viable for damage in endgame without being overpowered or encouraging spamming.

Base stats :

Maybe an increase to stamina or something. Nothing major needs changes here.

I keep seeing a lot of "super jump sux remove it" suggestions, but seriously, Super Jump is perfectly fine if you know how to use it. I don't mind suggestions for an alternate "3" (e.g. an unlockable "Super Charge" that players can choose to equip to replace Super Jump), but there is no reason for Super Jump to be removed from the game.

Agreed super jump is a great tool I just think as a sword frame he deserves a short "melee" buff like I described earlier in supercharge.