Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron

Eisvogel

The "you're not modding it right" argument comes from the fact that a noticeable portion of the userbase tends to stick things like capacity/crit mods on their guns, so it's easier to just check whether or not this is the case before taking into account their comments.

My argument isn't "you're not modding it right", just in case anyone thinks it is. My argument is that you can mod it more than a braton, so comparing them at base stats isn't fair.

Well put, i don't even bother answering useless comments like that "mod it right" or "aim better", i could probably beat all of these lamos in any aiming game like APB or so. Also it's easy for a closed beta player that could cheaply get lvl 10 mods to max and easy drops on all mods, to tell an open beta player to put everything.... when there are lots of them still searching for that rare multishot and far far away from maxing a lvl 10 mod.

In my case, i have everything maxed even multishot, except for serration that is still far away from the unreachable 10. And while it's true that latron has a V slot, it doesn't make a whole lot of difference after the essentials are on the weapon. After all, it is as you say... there aren't many real builds.... mostly it's always the same for rifles.

And again, it's not like the topic is "Latron sucks - BUFF NOW", the thing is that even with his high dmg per shot, the performance compared to weapons like braton and such is pretty poor. And sure, has ammo efficiency.... but does anyone care about that? I mean, i never needed more ammo with braton either... and we can take 8 ammo boxes.... so.... ammo efficiency? who cares about that....

The Braton performs better. Yes, if you do an overall performance analysis, this is certainly true. But then, the Braton performs better than most weapons, if not all, because it works good in all situations.

The Latron does only 1 thing better than the Braton, and that is headshots. Again, if that is not enough for you, just don't use it. Stick with your Braton.

I love this rifle. As stated above its great all around weapon. For burst I use Afuris - I can't help I love them - and for snipe, for bosses I use Latron. But you can use it against crowds too. C'mon you are a space ninja, make a room for yourself :)

Latron is unable to fill its role of midrange 1-headshot killing machine without serration mods. Which I would be fine with, barring the fact that the ruddy things never drop for me :( (never mind rifle multishot). I would boost base damage to somewhere between 60-80, so that it can actually 1-shot kill with good aim up until enemy level mid 30+. This still leaves a large damage margin till snipertron.

I can't speak to any of the weapons past the lvl 55 mob range (though I suspect anything past that is already just operating outside of the intended design range of the game currently).

My Latron is my gun of choice vs Corpus on defense missions where I can headshot targets for one shot kills without absurd relaod times. If I am fighting things that require more than one shot to kill I bring the Paris. I haven't leveled the snipetron all the way up so I can't speak to how it compares to the Paris for those situations.

Currently though the Latron does fill the gap between true snipers like Paris/Snipertron and the spray and prays like the Gorgon. As my Lex though nears lvl 30 I think my use of the Latron will drop to near zero. If there is a problem with the Latron, I just haven't reached that point with it yet.

I have more reached a point where I have run out of game content.