Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron

Eisvogel

Latron's zoom is better (I believe), and projectile speed is nigh instant while the Bratons' aren't quite instant.

Spend a few hours on the big Corpus defense map with a Latron and the advantages begin to appear.

I still argue that the Latron's (and all sniping weapons) biggest weakness is simply the lack of long distance lines of sight and long distance threats.

Braton is hitscan... It's not projectile speed at extreme distance, it's just plain missing...

I bought one ... expecting to be able to pop enemies with single shots to the head. I was disappointed. Promptly went back to the Burston.

I just think it needs a damage buff to reward good headhunters. Its magazine size and everything else seems perfectly fine to me.

I bought one ... expecting to be able to pop enemies with single shots to the head. I was disappointed. Promptly went back to the Burston.

I just think it needs a damage buff to reward good headhunters. Its magazine size and everything else seems perfectly fine to me.

If you just bought it, what do you use it against? Grineer have resistance to non-AP, everything else is overleveled.

The latron's polarity slot means that the difference between level 1 and 30 is much larger than something without, like a braton.

Well, I did chuck the Serration mod on it, but I suppose the one-shot-pop role is meant to be for the Lex. I guess I'm just accustomed to one-shotting with the Lex.

I might give the Latron more time, or a potato. I'd imagine filling it out with mods should give it the necessarry punch.

my braton vandal has a plolarity slot. not to mention I never run out of ammo with it if I aim for the head.

That's not fair, it's a vandal. Wait until there's latron prime and then they can be compared.

I use a lot of weapons in the game, my favorite primary is the Hek, then Braton.

the only good reason to use the Latron is to conserve ammo atm. It just simply doesn't pack enough of a punch per shot to be a devastating weapon, but none can deny that it's efficient if you get your aim straight.

It's one of these guns that's practically useless without mods.

Edited by rabcor

Braton will outperform Latron at close and mid distances, as soon as you start getting around 30+ meters you will miss due to the spread that Braton has. Latron will do better, since you won't miss at that range.

It's trading one benefit for another. Latron is actually a good sidegrade to Braton. One of the few that work.

I keep using the Latron because the Braton/Boltor are firing too fast for my taste and their impact on enemies feels not rewarding enough per shot.

And it's ammo efficiency pays off in those longer missions.

The only problem with ammo efficiency is the availability of ammo boxes. They're trivially easy to get the money for, equip, and use, so one gun's efficiency versus other stops being nearly as important.

For those who argue it must be modded right:

I got mine at rank 24 + potato

+90% dmg

+60% AP

+75% fire

+45% electric

+20% reload

It's all fine and dandy, but not rewarding enough for what you lose IMHO.

All it needs is either a mag cap increase (at least 20-25), OR faster reload speed OR a small damage buff (45). No more than one of the above though. It's close to good, but needs a little more.

I feel as if the Latron is still underpowered, especially without mods. I can get better DPS with the Braton while it has less mods...

I love the idea of a semi-auto, but It needs a buff...

yeah that's the main problem.... it's like the only real main advantage is the ammo economy.... and with all the daily ammo boxes who needs ammo economy? :P and it's hard to even need an ammo box for rifles in non-def missions.... you don't even need them in mobile def.

No offence but the weapon is great until high end defence on Outer Terminus. I did wave 30 Pluto-OT (4 man party) with it against 106 lvl Corpus.

- Crits for 3k+ HS 2300 Non crits HS

- You never run out of ammo

- Still best weapon to deal with shield booster wings

- Has V slot making most expensive mods halved aka Split chamber or Serration

Boltor is better I admit but its not a mile away jump.

I feel as if the Latron is still underpowered, especially without mods. I can get better DPS with the Braton while it has less mods...

I love the idea of a semi-auto, but It needs a buff...

You can't compare the two until you fully mod them, otherwise the polarity's benefit doesn't show that much. 

Edited by Argoms

It doesn't need to excel at anything, it just plainly sucks right now. It's dmg is useless due to low clip and fire rate. Also, the dps is terrible... and neither has crowd control. Take any shotgun or rifle and you can beat it any day of the week. And given that's the only real semi auto that would reward accuracy, it's kinda sad that it's so useless compared to every other weapon.

Erm... I am able to 2 if not 1 shot most mobs with my latron currently. If you run a Cryo Rounds mod you can Slow CC. Works great against the ancients. It's all about how you mod the certain gun. I don't mod my grakata or braton the same way I mod my latron.

It doesn't need to excel at anything, it just plainly sucks right now. It's dmg is useless due to low clip and fire rate. Also, the dps is terrible... and neither has crowd control. Take any shotgun or rifle and you can beat it any day of the week. And given that's the only real semi auto that would reward accuracy, it's kinda sad that it's so useless compared to every other weapon.

You're modding it wrong or can't aim for crap then. It works plenty well for most applications, especially against granieer and corpus. It's a high ammo capacity semi-auto 'almost sniper' rifle that rewards accurate aim with high ammo efficiency much like the lex does.

I strongly suggest you try the latron with a decent serration, armor piercing, and multi-shot setup. The latron is perfectly fine the way it is- a slight damage boost would boost it's efficiency- but in no way do i feel it is needed. instead some of the other rifles need work to be brought up to par- like the grakata which is utter garbage(yes DE- even with crit mods the base 7.5% crit chance is too low to justify using this weapon for anything but mastery points and then tossing it aside), the burston, which also needs some work, and the snipetron, to spite it's latest buff(innate AP added) which still needs either clip capacity or reload times adjusted to bring it up to par. The Gorgon, Latron, Boltor, Hek, and Strun are all fine the way they are currently... and the paris needs to have yet more of it's massive amount of bugs fixed before i consider using it on a regular basis.

Latron is without doubt my favourite weapon (that I have so far.)

The power and accuracy just feels really well balanced.  Possibly an addition of 2 extra rounds to the base mag wouldn't hurt - but I'm not going to complain.  It just "feels" like you are hitting something with it.  When I am sober I can even get lovely headshots.

It feels like one of the best balanced guns in the game to me.  Aside from possibly adding those two rounds I wouldn't want to see it changed.

As an aside - when it isn't levelled it feels awful.  Stick with it and you will get the rewards.  I hated it at first.

You're modding it wrong or can't aim for crap then. It works plenty well for most applications, especially against granieer and corpus. It's a high ammo capacity semi-auto 'almost sniper' rifle that rewards accurate aim with high ammo efficiency much like the lex does.

I strongly suggest you try the latron with a decent serration, armor piercing, and multi-shot setup. The latron is perfectly fine the way it is- a slight damage boost would boost it's efficiency- but in no way do i feel it is needed. instead some of the other rifles need work to be brought up to par- like the grakata which is utter garbage(yes DE- even with crit mods the base 7.5% crit chance is too low to justify using this weapon for anything but mastery points and then tossing it aside), the burston, which also needs some work, and the snipetron, to spite it's latest buff(innate AP added) which still needs either clip capacity or reload times adjusted to bring it up to par. The Gorgon, Latron, Boltor, Hek, and Strun are all fine the way they are currently... and the paris needs to have yet more of it's massive amount of bugs fixed before i consider using it on a regular basis.

There seems to be a consistent trend with average/sub-par weapons where the people defending them insist other people are "modding them wrong". (let alone the entire ammo efficiency thing which is only currently relevant for, frankly, lazy/impatient people.)

You guys do realize there aren't -that- many choices on how to mod guns currently, right? I mean, I guess it's fine if you assume someone is too incompetent to realize they might want damage/multishot mods, but the whole "modding it wrong" argument is a little silly. I personally think the Latron is pretty 'ehhhh' after getting one to rank 30 (sans potato, because I wasn't enjoying it that much), but it's perfectly possible for someone to utilize the few brain cells it takes to mod a gun "properly" and think a weapon is still not so good afterwards.

Then again, some people think that a video with a level 30 version of <insert weapon here> with a potato is a valid argument as to the weapon's usefulness, so...

edit after a phone call: Okay, it sounded a little harsher than I intended to, but really what I mean to say is--you don't need to assume everyone who dislikes a weapon isn't "modding it right". People disliking a weapon doesn't mean that they're doing it wrong.

Edited by Eltoshan

you don't need to assume everyone who dislikes a weapon isn't "modding it right". People disliking a weapon doesn't mean that they're doing it wrong.

People disliking a weapon also doesn't mean that the weapon is broken and needs a buff.

People disliking a weapon also doesn't mean that the weapon is broken and needs a buff.

Good, because I never indicated that this was the case either!

I'm just saying it's pointless and ridiculous to go "well you're just not modding it right" or "well go spend a few hours with it on <x> map and you'll see why it's so good" or even "well it's ammo efficient!!" because none of those are actually arguments that hold any water, but they keep popping up. I'm just saying, if you think it's actually good, there's probably better arguments to make that don't boil down to indirectly inferring everyone else is stupid or lazy, because that kind of argument doesn't actively contribute to anything.

Frankly, I like the Grakata, but I also potato'd it and won't defend it as particularly amazing. :V

The "you're not modding it right" argument comes from the fact that a noticeable portion of the userbase tends to stick things like capacity/crit mods on their guns, so it's easier to just check whether or not this is the case before taking into account their comments.

My argument isn't "you're not modding it right", just in case anyone thinks it is. My argument is that you can mod it more than a braton, so comparing them at base stats isn't fair.