Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron

Eisvogel

When can we expect a buff for the good old Latron? I know very few people use it due how lame it's performance is compared to almost any other rifle. I think it's a shame given the fact that it's basically the only semi auto rifle that could reward skill and accurate aiming, but with it's poor dmg, the incredibly low clip for rifle and no make up reload time.... it's hard to try to compete with basically anything. It has no crowd control capabilities, no dmg sustain, no dps... so no wonder no one wants to use it.

I ask because i'm more of the aiming reward type, than just point and click without even aiming and still one shot anything (hek anyone? :3). Can we expect a buff anytime soon?

works great as far as im concerned. 

its only "problem" is that it doesnt fill a role strongly like some other options. but as a general weapon its got great damage if you are good with headshots. its accurate and ammo efficiency. its a good all around weapon.

not everything needs to be great at something, good is fine. plus you would run out of options to make stuff excel since they plan on pushing out new weps about once a week. eventually there would be more weps than situations to make them great at and you have a problem.

its fine how it is i think.

works great as far as im concerned. 

its only "problem" is that it doesnt fill a role strongly like some other options. but as a general weapon its got great damage if you are good with headshots. its accurate and ammo efficiency. its a good all around weapon.

not everything needs to be great at something, good is fine. plus you would run out of options to make stuff excel since they plan on pushing out new weps about once a week. eventually there would be more weps than situations to make them great at and you have a problem.

its fine how it is i think.

It doesn't need to excel at anything, it just plainly sucks right now. It's dmg is useless due to low clip and fire rate. Also, the dps is terrible... and neither has crowd control. Take any shotgun or rifle and you can beat it any day of the week. And given that's the only real semi auto that would reward accuracy, it's kinda sad that it's so useless compared to every other weapon.

It doesn't suck right now. It could use a slight boost (18-20 round magazine?), but it's definitely not useless as-is. What level is your latron? One of its balancing factors is the polarity slot, which becomes a lot more significant when you're using multishot/serration etc.

It doesn't need to excel at anything, it just plainly sucks right now. It's dmg is useless due to low clip and fire rate. Also, the dps is terrible... and neither has crowd control. Take any shotgun or rifle and you can beat it any day of the week. And given that's the only real semi auto that would reward accuracy, it's kinda sad that it's so useless compared to every other weapon.

its a semi-auto rifle, in almost every game a semi-auto rifle has no crowd control capabilities, low rate of fire and low clip size. maybe this is not the weapon you are looking for. i personally like it a lot, and i think the dps, rate of fire and clip size si quite good

Semi autos do have crowd control. Aim better :I

Check out this vid i made to my original latron buff post 

First of all, building crits is a terrible idea(yes, this is a fact. Compared to other damage-increasing mods, crits lose), so the latron's actually a lot better than that video shows. But looking at it as it is- taking 3 shots to kill a crewman 20 levels lower than your weapon isn't good.

Where Latron shines is as a sniper rifle that uses rifle ammo. With the V polarity slot you can have an awesome setup. 40 base dmg, but with a fully upgraded serration mod at a cost of 7 points that dmg becomes 106. Then on top of that you can add a maxxed split chamber and double it up for another 15 pts. Follow that up with a full upgraded AP mod for 9 pts and we are already talking about some serious dmg. That does add up to 31 pts so for best results potato it. With the remaining points go with elemental dmg that effects corpus/greneer and reload speed or whatever you want for your setup. Headshot a greneer with that setup and you will see why this weapon doesn't need buffed. Most people that use this use it for long shots and have a good secondary they primarily use for most purposes. Akbolto for example. If any of my math is off feel free to let me know.

Edited by deathscion

Where Latron shines is as a sniper rifle that uses rifle ammo. With the V polarity slot you can have an awesome setup. 40 base dmg, but with a fully upgraded serration mod at a cost of 7 points that dmg becomes 106. Then on top of that you can add a maxxed split chamber and double it up for another 15 pts. Follow that up with a full upgraded AP mod for 9 pts and we are already talking about some serious dmg. That does add up to 31 pts so for best results potato it. With the remaining points go with elemental dmg that effects corpus/greneer and reload speed or whatever you want for your setup. Headshot a greneer with that setup and you will see why this weapon doesn't need buffed. Most people that use this use it for long shots and have a good secondary they primarily use for most purposes. Akbolto for example. If any of my math is off feel free to let me know.

lol thats my current setup, but not everyone has everything maxed.... i maxed all weapons to 30... and none performs so bad as latron in comparison (obviously not taking into account paris that... well, its just for the lulz)

lol thats my current setup, but not everyone has everything maxed.... i maxed all weapons to 30... and none performs so bad as latron in comparison (obviously not taking into account paris that... well, its just for the lulz)

Are you sure you're not just a terrible shot? It will two-shot anything in the game excepting bosses, heavies, and ancients. It's one of the few weapons in the game that is very effective at any range. It's fine, I'd rather they focus on fixing garbage like the Grakata, Sicarus and Snipetron.

Semi autos do have crowd control. Aim better :I

First of all, building crits is a terrible idea(yes, this is a fact. Compared to other damage-increasing mods, crits lose), so the latron's actually a lot better than that video shows. But looking at it as it is- taking 3 shots to kill a crewman 20 levels lower than your weapon isn't good.

He's in pluto, mobs are 10 levels higher than him, not 20 levels lower....what?

I am agreeing with most of the posts on here. Yes the latron has a relatively small clip size but that is only compared to the automatic rifles that can eat through there clip faster simply because they are automatic. As far as I have used the latron it has been great. It has decent damage (without a maxed serration) for what it is and its not too difficult to headshot with if you throw a freeze damage mod onto it. Thats not even to mention the fact that you never have to worry about ammo with it

Edited by flashfyre

While it's overall DPS is less than a lot of other full auto firearms, it does deliver good damage per shot. Difference between this weapon and say Braton is that at long range you won't miss with Latron. You have no reason to miss, while Braton will lose few shots to spread (even with burst fire).

This gun is also much more ammo efficient, both because it's base damage is twice of the Braton and because you shouldn't miss with this thing. Overall it's different weapon, for a different purpose.

It will perform poorly vs a large infested swarm, but on a Grineer and Corpus defense missions it will excel better than most weapons where frames aren't taken into consideration.

It may need a slightly stronger base damage 45-50, or perhaps some of it's damage to ignore armor, but even without that the gun is capable of killing even high level enemies with a shot or two, as long as you hit their weak spot. With the ability to reach out and hit enemies at long ranges, the best ammo efficiency in the game and good base damage it gives a great role for a support and long range weapon.

V polarity slot doesn't hurt either.

I mod this thing similar to how I mod the Braton.

Split Chamber on V, Serration, Speed Trigger, Piercing Hit,Magazine Warp and appropriate element.

Only difference for Braton is I don't have space for the Magazine Warp. Both weapons scale well enough to be used for high level play. If I can kill lv 55 Grineer with both of these weapons without too much trouble, there shouldn't be that many issues.

Vs Infested , yeah Latron will definitely lag, but you still can put a dent in an Ancient if need be, just your crowd control ability is terrible.

Edited by mmSNAKE

All the Latron could use, would be a minor damage buff, perhaps to 40, and being able to fully customize it's colours. MAYBE it could have an 18 or 20 shot clip, but it wouldn't need anything more than that. It's a weapon where DPS actually doesn't matter, because unlike automatic weapons, such as the Braton, you can get a headshot on every shot with the Latron, and unlike the Snipetron, you don't overkill, so you can quickly switch targets. Far too often I've heard people suggest it needs a much larger clip and much higher fire rate, but that would ruin it's intended function just for the sake of making it more similar to the Braton.

All the Latron could use, would be a minor damage buff, perhaps to 40, and being able to fully customize it's colours. MAYBE it could have an 18 or 20 shot clip, but it wouldn't need anything more than that. It's a weapon where DPS actually doesn't matter, because unlike automatic weapons, such as the Braton, you can get a headshot on every shot with the Latron, and unlike the Snipetron, you don't overkill, so you can quickly switch targets. Far too often I've heard people suggest it needs a much larger clip and much higher fire rate, but that would ruin it's intended function just for the sake of making it more similar to the Braton.

I agree with you, it shouldn't be made as if it was an auto rifle with endless clip, it is a semi auto. For that same reason, the fire rate shouldn't be increased.... even if it was, it would harm the weapons as the recoil would make it pointless and one would lose weakspot hits. It should have it's dmg buffed, and as you say, maybe a little bit more of a clip size... or maybe a much better reload time instead, don't know what would be best. But it shouldn't have a machine gun/auto rifle clip size, nor beast fire rate as you say.

When can we expect a buff for the good old Latron? I know very few people use it due how lame it's performance is compared to almost any other rifle. I think it's a shame given the fact that it's basically the only semi auto rifle that could reward skill and accurate aiming, but with it's poor dmg, the incredibly low clip for rifle and no make up reload time.... it's hard to try to compete with basically anything. It has no crowd control capabilities, no dmg sustain, no dps... so no wonder no one wants to use it.

I ask because i'm more of the aiming reward type, than just point and click without even aiming and still one shot anything (hek anyone? :3). Can we expect a buff anytime soon?

How can you say poor damage and low magazine for a rifle in the same sentence? It sounds like you want a braton that shoots sniper power rounds. Regardless, it doesn't burn through ammo and its reload speed is one of the fastest in the game at 2 seconds, beaten by only a few pistols.

The latron already rewards those who aim well. It's perfectly capable of killing level 40+ creeps quickly without a potato as long as you're landing only headshots. Other guns do not have the range and ammo efficiency of the latron, making it a weapon for precise users rather than spray and pray.

I have no trouble with this gun. It's an absolute monster. Versus Corpus and Grineer, especially on Defense maps, I can out-kill just about anyone in my squad while sitting on top of the pod/core. It's ridiculous headshot-crit-damage + Multishot, coupled with the fact that you will NEVER drop below 200 ammo if you don't spam, make this my all-time favourite primary weapon. It's my gorgeous, elegant little death-cannon, and the only thing I want to change is to be able to make it black & gold, since it deserves so much better than silver/steel.

The Latron's fine as it is - A semi-automatic rifle for mid-long range for those who want their shots to have more weight.

Excellent in dealing headshots and in long corridors, medicore in crowd situations.

After the Strun probably the only other weapon which I think is worth putting a Catalyst in for me.

Crowd control capabilities and dps with a semi auto rifle? You must be kidding, right? It fills a niche role (headshots) and it fills it well. If you don't like that, just use a different weapon.