The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ammunition

(XBOX)LexaHex

The way ammo is categorized doesn't feel right... 

Why do weapons like Penta, Ogris etc... Use sniper ammo? Does that sound right? No.... 

This would almost always bother me whenever i see sniper ammo pick ups for my Ogris.

So I thought maybe the ammunition names could be changed to something else and more reasonable, 

Rifle ammo = Medium Munition 

Pistol ammo = Light Munition  

Sniper ammo = Heavy Munition

Shotgun ammo = Spread Munition 

I think that the new names for ammo pick ups are more reasonable than the way they are at the moment, and easier to understand. 

The names dont have to be exactly as listed above. Point is, the names should be more broad to cover more weapon types rather than having ammo names not match to weapons, which is weird. 

Edit: 

While we're on the topic...

I would also like to point out that the ammo pick ups should be based on ratio with the weapons equipped, I can max out out my Ogris ammo by picking up 3 sniper ammo packs, but I'll have to get so much more rifle ammo packs to fill up my Glaxion or Amprex. Now I do know that the ammo rarity should balance this out, but I struggle a lot more than I expect to gather ammo for Glaxion or Amprex mostly because a pack of 20 bullets isnt enough.

TL;DR: Even though ammo drops favor rifle ammo (based on rarity) rather than sniper ammo, I always find my self full with sniper ammo but never with rifle ammo (when using high ammo consumption primaries)...   

Edited by (XB1)LexaHex488

While we're on the topic, does anyone else hate how standing on Sniper ammo with a bow while you're ammo is full makes it say "Bo ammo full"?

JUST SAY ARROWS FULL!

Anyway, yeah, an update to the ammo types could be nice, especially given how old they are. 

While we're on the topic, does anyone else hate how standing on Sniper ammo with a bow while you're ammo is full makes it say "Bo ammo full"?

JUST SAY ARROWS FULL!

Anyway, yeah, an update to the ammo types could be nice, especially given how old they are. 

Bow ammo is closer to reality. Look at Cernos. Are those arrows? Nope, mini-maces. Dread? Tiny guillotines. Paris Prime? Magic wands.

I've found that im a little busy getting shot at by enemies or what not to really notice or care what the ammo type im picking up is, from what I can tell the type of ammo has less to do with the gun, then the rarity of its type.

As an artificial way to lower some weapons effectiveness (Soma, Boltor, Opticor, and some launchers and shotties not withstanding) the ammo type is based on the rarity of the drop. Since, for example, the Ogris/Penta use sniper Ammo, the rarest ammo drop there is, these weapons must be used with a degree of restraint.

DE thinks its a clever way to subtly reduce the hidden power of these weapons, which I find hilarious considering they have ammo mutation and auras that negate the problems.