Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looks Like Ps4 Isn't Going To Do Any Better...

(PSN)SilverKarasu

Our players may not be making any threads but our Region chat is disgusting to read. 

I hoped we would step up and save them all but Europa is already being celebrated as the first casualty with 29.9% health at 5h 33m at the time of post.

I feel stupid now for thinking we'd be any better. I'll keep fighting though. No need to help it along.

Xbox has yet allowed one to fall. ^_^

Just wait until everyone has their Vandal (and sees the stats on it. Let's see if you'll still consider it worth the effort after that) and notice the drop in activity. Not to forget we needed 15 runs to get them, and reached a general consensus of 'let it burn' due to no time to prepare and much higher health in comparison.

You can't be mad at other players for valuing other things over running these missions over and over. Especially when it's only to protect a relay that's exactly the same as the others.

The missions barely give rewards, credit AND resource wise you're slowly burning through your reserves as they don't even get compensated. Not to forget grinding for isotopes and then having to run the missions again. After the first few fomorians I'd expect a lot of people to just get the points and forget about it.

The missions barely give rewards, credit AND resource wise you're slowly burning through your reserves as they don't even get compensated. Not to forget grinding for isotopes and then having to run the missions again. After the first few fomorians I'd expect a lot of people to just get the points and forget about it.

*grumbles loudly about not getting enough runs*

*grumbles loudly about not getting enough runs*

Not your fault, lad. Christmas was right there, spending time with family and life in general had us busy enough. And you're not missing out on the Vandal, all it has is a larger magazine and 5 or 10% extra status chance. Which barely adds anything.

You can't be mad at other players for valuing other things over running these missions over and over. Especially when it's only to protect a relay that's exactly the same as the others.

They're only the same RIGHT NOW! If you've seen the Dev streams they have things planned for each of them. But no one has the ability to look past their noses so that doesn't cross anyone's mind.

Or the common sense reasoning that, "Hey, Relays are a huge developer expense. They're probably going to play a big part in the game later. Saving them is probably a good thing."

For me I just hate losing. Especially when winning is entirely possible. &!$$es me off seeing these things die like this. That's potential blowing up. Potential for the game up in smoke because people can't be bothers to run something a few more times than "strictly rewarded".

Edited by (PS4)SilverKarasu

PC lost four relays, and I doubt we're going to get that many special relays just for us. I'm sure DE has a plan to get the content they've worked on out whether we save the relays or not.

It's this sht right here that boils me the most.

"DE wont actually cut us out of anything so there's no reason to do it."

And if they do you'll all *@##$ about things not being fair and "DE should give us a chance to fix it" or "DE didn't tell us we'd lose out of good stuff like this."

"You're alienating your playerbase DE! Don't make me leave this game for something I plainly said fck it too."

It's this sht right here that boils me the most.

"DE wont actually cut us out of anything so there's no reason to do it."

And if they do you'll all $#*(@ about things not being fair and "DE should give us a chance to fix it" or "DE didn't tell us we'd lose out of good stuff like this."

"You're alienating your playerbase DE! Don't make me leave this game for something I plainly said fck it too."

Try thinking about this from another perspective. I'll offer you mine:

1. The mission bores me. It's not bad, but after about ten runs in three days there's not really a lot to captivate me at this point--it's exactly the same.

2. I have no emotional connection to relays. There was no time for me to become attached to anything and no characters for me to care about.

3. Archwing is unrefined. Instead of feeling like a dogfight, it's just a bunch of tiny things shooting everywhere.

4. The relays all look the same. I'm going to lose something that has six exact replicas? Doesn't matter to me.

5. Relays are mostly pointless. Occasionally Baro shows up and asks me to grind more stuff for more powercreep (once I grind the cores to make that happen). I don't care about that. Medallions are the only thing I need to go to them for.

6. Real life: Europa's going to go down in the late night/early morning where I live. I'm not going to stay up for it, especially considering the five problems I already mentioned.

You know what bothers me? That people think because they care about something (especially something that isn't real!) everyone should care about it. I'm fine with you trying to talk me into helping, but not with you trying to berate me because I'm not helping you save something that only exists in a game.

Something console players have to consider about the PC Eyes of Blight is we were killing the Balors for 3-4 weeks, rather than the 1 1/2 you guys are set up for. A lot more died at the end because people just got tired of it. We saved all of the relays the first time around and it was on the second cycle that Earth fell.

Try thinking about this from another perspective. I'll offer you mine:

1. The mission bores me. It's not bad, but after about ten runs in three days there's not really a lot to captivate me at this point--it's exactly the same.

2. I have no emotional connection to relays. There was no time for me to become attached to anything and no characters for me to care about.

3. Archwing is unrefined. Instead of feeling like a dogfight, it's just a bunch of tiny things shooting everywhere.

4. The relays all look the same. I'm going to lose something that has six exact replicas? Doesn't matter to me.

5. Relays are mostly pointless. Occasionally Baro shows up and asks me to grind more stuff for more powercreep (once I grind the cores to make that happen). I don't care about that. Medallions are the only thing I need to go to them for.

6. Real life: Europa's going to go down in the late night/early morning where I live. I'm not going to stay up for it, especially considering the five problems I already mentioned.

You know what bothers me? That people think because they care about something (especially something that isn't real!) everyone should care about it. I'm fine with you trying to talk me into helping, but not with you trying to berate me because I'm not helping you save something that only exists in a game.

It isn't as if I don't see the other perspectives. But the fact is that it's a global event. It isn't just something that affects only you or me. There are people who care whether they blow up or not. And like or not, it matters to them whether or not people run them.

Europa could be saved in less than an hour or so if everyone one right now just ran it 1 more time. We see how fast it drops with a fomorian first shows up. But because people see it as pointless their going to lose content for not just them but everyone else including any new players who come later.

Yea, it only exists in a game. But isn't the fact that it's something so simple to impact a reason to do so? It's not world hunger or racial disparity. It's 5-10min of your time past that 1 point on a meter. Is it not ok to get &!$$ed when even that is too much for people? And then to take it further to praise and justify it?

I just ran it 9 more times before I posted this response. And yea, the grind is wearing on me. But only because I'm having to run it like this in order to try and save it. It shouldn't be like that.

EDIT: But maybe your right. I should just accept it and watch them burn with everyone else. Clearly nothing is going to make any difference to anyone/

Edited by (PS4)SilverKarasu

It isn't as if I don't see the other perspectives. But the fact is that it's a global event. It isn't just something that affects only you or me. There are people who care whether they blow up or not. And like or not, it matters to them whether or not people run them.

Europa could be saved in less than an hour or so if everyone one right now just ran it 1 more time. We see how fast it drops with a fomorian first shows up. But because people see it as pointless their going to lose content for not just them but everyone else including any new players who come later.

Yea, it only exists in a game. But isn't the fact that it's something so simple to impact a reason to do so? It's not world hunger or racial disparity. It's 5-10min of your time past that 1 point on a meter. Is it not ok to get &!$$ed when even that is too much for people? And then to take it further to praise and justify it?

I just ran it 9 more times before I posted this response. And yea, the grind is wearing on me. But only because I'm having to run it like this in order to try and save it. It shouldn't be like that.

If I could spend my whole life fixing world hunger or building equality, I would've made a better world.

If I spent five minutes running the relay, I would change nothing. There would be no new content, nothing else to experience, nothing. So sure, I spend less time, but that time's still wasted.

Also, please explain what content we'll lose. The node? That's it.

Oh, and it really doesn't have to be like that. You change nothing by saving the relay. Get yourself some sleep so you can still enjoy Archwing in a week.

Edited by (PS4)WiiConquered

I'm part of the problem. I'll run each one 4-5 times and then I just can't anymore. I hate to say it but it's 50% lack of incentive and 50% RL disallows me from making too much of my gaming time intentionally un-fun.

I accept my role in any fallen relays, but I'm not broken up about it.

Edited by (PS4)booshthelurker