Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Handspring Shouldn't Be A Mod

CosyPigeon

This is a wonderful thread that has virtually unanimous community support, even after 10 pages. This feedback will be emphasized with the Devs.

Sooo... 2 months and a significant major update later, and Hand spring is still a mod, can't help but think that the Dev's have ignored feedback that you yourself  called unanimous.

I am dissapoint. :(

Sooo... 2 months and a significant major update later, and Hand spring is still a mod, can't help but think that the Dev's have ignored feedback that you yourself  called unanimous.

I am dissapoint. :(

They did mention in the hot topics that knockdowns and stuns might be rework so there might be no reason to change.

Damn right. Just mashing the buttons should trigger a fast recovery, like in good old games. Right now my warframes look like old geezers with damaged backs when they try to stand after a knockdown. Making this a mod was $&*&*#(%&.

Zombeh Forum Thread.

Honestly, as I said in my previous post on this topic, Handspring can stay provide it is reworked to actually be valuable/useful.  Sure, give tech rolls or something and leave this as an auto success, but give it something else to improve it.

I still think a counter attack would be best, like when you get knocked down like a leg sweep or something to knock all enemies down in an area.

I mean, we also got a new mod called 'Shock Absorber' which is damage reduction on the ground.  Just look at my previous post.  Steel Fiber covers that.  We've got quite a few under-performing mods out right now which need to be overhauled.

I've got an idea. How about this?

The entire community (regular forum) gets to vote on a poll of five or six mods which are 'under-performing' and the top two voted for go to the Design Council for a rework.  I'll list them now:

Handspring

Shock Absorber

Acrobat

Retribution

Thief's Wit

What do you say?

Zombeh Forum Thread.

I've got an idea. How about this?

The entire community (regular forum) gets to vote on a poll of five or six mods which are 'under-performing' and the top two voted for go to the Design Council for a rework.  I'll list them now:

Handspring

Shock Absorber

Acrobat

Retribution

Thief's Wit

What do you say?

Thief´s Wit is awesome, people just don´t understand how great it is :( You just need one in your party and you all of a sudden get a lot more resource drops and can make sure everyone picks it all up. People please stop bashing the Thief´s Wit, It´s the best mod for warframes in the games :) 

Thief´s Wit is awesome, people just don´t understand how great it is :( You just need one in your party and you all of a sudden get a lot more resource drops and can make sure everyone picks it all up. People please stop bashing the Thief´s Wit, It´s the best mod for warframes in the games :) 

Not sure if Trolling.  I can respect your opinion, but those cylinders spawn in the same places every run thru.  The points are common enough to check if you know where to look and you don't need it to see if they are there or not.  Its a superfluous mod that needs something more, like a slight increase in resource drop chance from the containers it detects or something to be useful.

Not sure if Trolling.  I can respect your opinion, but those cylinders spawn in the same places every run thru.  The points are common enough to check if you know where to look and you don't need it to see if they are there or not.  Its a superfluous mod that needs something more, like a slight increase in resource drop chance from the containers it detects or something to be useful.

It's not about the location where the canisters are it's knowing if they spawned or not, so you dont need to go check every time.

Plus it's a team mod since the mat show on the map until everyone has pick them up.

It's not about the location where the canisters are it's knowing if they spawned or not, so you dont need to go check every time.

Plus it's a team mod since the mat show on the map until everyone has pick them up.

Its a convenience, and a barely useful one at that. It saves you maybe a minute or two depending on how slow your frame is. Meanwhile, you could have something useful like more stamina so you can run longer, or faster stamina recovery so you can use slide to allow for a near infinite stamina. Those two, in particular, more than make up for the extra distance you cover checking those locations, and improve your mobility across the level instead of just saving you a few steps.

It is, by no means, the best warframe mod, not even close. There are so many better mods it ridiculous. It needs a boost like many other under-performers.

Edited by NydusTemplar

Likewise, the ability to zoom in and aim with the right mouse button should not be a stock feature. Rather, it should be a mod as well.

The point people are making is that the entire premise of your character is an agile, speed-based acrobatic fighter. It makes no sense that they cannot recover when they are capable of wallrunning, front-flipping up a ledge, slide dashing, walljumping, and insane martial prowess enhanced by a futuristic super suit.

As mentioned multiple times in the thread, handspring shouldn't be a mod, but a feature that requires timing via button press to quickly recover. Spectacle fighters have it, fighting games have it, popular media with high-mobility fighters have it. There is no reason why handspring should be a mod, rather than a mechanic.