The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players Rank 10 And Up, You Guys Need To Stop Doing This

ShirowMasamune

People may play the way they want. It's the responsibility of everyone to communicate expectations before entering a mission though. Lastly, It is also entirely the keyholder's rules that you must play by. If they seem strict or naught distract from your enjoyment of the game, don't join. I don't see the point of griping about it. If they've asked you to fulfill a role/duty and you agreed to it, then you've nonplace complaining. If they start making random demands after you've started, then that's another story.

Wow, surprisingly non vitriolic responses here, that's a first where MR is used as a gauge for anything equating to player skill, but yeah, pretty much state your intent before the game starts, an ounce of prevention spares a pound of effort after all.

But in truth, people will play however they want to, regardless of even agreeing to whatever standards you set forth or request, and sometimes it can be fun to do just what you don't, best example, Vauban, I LOVE coating people in Tesla orbs in the early rounds, and most folks seem to enjoy being a walking Tesla coil.

Or again Vauban with Bouncy Castle, throw out Bastille, Singularity & add a few bounce orbs down near it, watch enemies go flying at Mach 5 right into Supra futura flypaper, just keep an enemy Radar on to keep track of your catches.

There's a time and place for everything.

Mastery rank has nothing to do with players behaving this way in missions but aside from that i do find it annoying when people just sit and spam.

I host all my void runs and its majority of the time with pugs, every few runs there is always that one guy who thinks he needs to power spam the entire missions and gets mad if the team isnt standing next to him filling him up with energy.

An example:

Mag sitting at pod in t1 defense yelling at people to stop running around and sit their while he kills everything with greedy pull

Granted you can always quit the missions and waste a void key or refrain from taking advantage of the co op feature that lets us play with random people but it'd be a lot easier for the rest of us if people would quit trying to act and play like elitist's in a non elitist type of game

After a while, every Tower becomes just... another Tower. Runs blend. At that point, it doesn't matter how it's done, so long as it is done. When that stage has been reached, it's about the rewards. I personally don't ability spamming outside of my [blessing] Trinity and [invisibility] Loki. Very rarely will I go Excalinuke and even then, it's just to speed up the process of Exterminates. Let players play how they want. I understand where a lot are coming from.

I do not prefer to leave T4s. You'll only ever find me outside of them if I'm: partaking in an event, looking for resources, obscurely leveling something, or poking around in a newer build. Oh, and I also lurk around in the Dojo while chatting or partaking in trades.

-Rank 15, game time of 562:53:11 (I take many, many breaks to avoid burning out. I'd probably be rank 18 already if I didn't, though in my opinion ranking becomes pointless after eight. Seriously. Eight is pretty much the "I can do all the things now!" rank.)

I would argue you don't even need campy camp tactics or 4 spam in T4 missions either.  The most fun I've had in pug 60-80 minute T4 Survivals is from just moving together as a group.  

MR isn't the issue, it's believing that there's only one way to do things, or only one way to play a frame, or only using certain weapons and only in certain ways.  I wish more people were willing to play outside of the norm.

Players don't 'need to stop doing things' unless it, in some form, violates any rules of the game. Since what is being described here doesn't violate any rules, it is unreasonable to demand that other players change how they play the game to fit another's playstyle and frame of thought, and antagonize the players that use the specific setup described.

Locking.