The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would You Use Damage Type Mods More If They Increased Element Damage?

Topic.

I'm not sure.  I probably would for some, especially those that allow multiple element combos.  I usually use weapons that have an even spread of damage types so using damage type mods often isn't worth it.  But I think weapons like the Miter, that has alot of one damage type, would benefit greatly if the damage mods increased element damage.

Thoughts?

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

They... Do

Elemental damage is a percent of your weapons physical damage, directly affected by damage mods.

unfortunately that's not how they work AFAIK. elemental mods only scale off of base damage and base damage mods (Serration ETC)

They... Do

Elemental damage is a percent of your weapons physical damage, directly affected by damage mods.

They don't.

Equip one element combo, look at the number.

Equip one damage type mod (slash, impact, puncture), see if the number changes.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

Looks like their's some confusion as to what is meant by 'damage mod'.  I assume you mean the Slash, Impact, Puncture damage mods rather than Serration (+15% DAMAGE per rank).  I treat them pretty much as alternatives to elemental damage (as they multiply with the same other mods) except they don't give as much raw damage as the elementals.  In some situations, such as modding a Secura Dual Cestra to fight Grineer, I will use the 120% physical type damage mods.  The Cestra is so puncture heavy that you actually get more from 120% puncture than 90% elemental.