Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Tenno Physiology Theory] What If Our Own Powers Are Eating Away At Us?

Morec0

Interesting theory but the only cases we have of a Tenno dying in lore are from quests where we hear they die in battle.

Well, there WAS a war, that's kinda a given. My theory isn't talking about what's happened in that, past, but might happen in the future - the ULTIMATE fate of the Tenno that has not yet been reached because no other Tenno has reached that point in their "decomposition", so to speak.

What about something ala Tsutomu Nihei's ABARA?

Maybe an head-to-spine humanoid organism inplanted on a biomech body?

This would definitely help explain why the Tenno turned on the Orokin in the first place - "made us monsters and all that" - and there's no good reason to thing there might not be that.

But this, in my mind, doesn't account quite enough for our Void powers - and it doesn't make sense for the Orokin to cut up the result of something they didn't understand (Excalibur Codex) to create a warrior to save them, you'd think they'd want to leave it as much intact as possible in order to not risk ruining their powers.

I don't think our powers are eating at us at all though.

Otherwise we'd need something to keep us stabilized.

If anything the Warframes and Tennos are two different things.

Just because they discover another warframe that was lost from the old war doesn't mean they discovered a new Tenno.

The new Tenno joining us in the game now can be considered reawakening from Cryo-Sleep, meaning our numbers haven't grown they are just returning to normal and if a Tenno dies for real they are gone forever, fortunately we are very hard to kill.

Another thing to note is that the Warframe restrains our power and brings out certain powers and abilities from within us.

There's also how the warframes were built around the first Tenno from the Zariman.

If anything the Warframes and Tennos are two different things.

Just because they discover another warframe that was lost from the old war doesn't mean they discovered a new Tenno.

The new Tenno joining us in the game now can be considered reawakening from Cryo-Sleep, meaning our numbers haven't grown they are just returning to normal and if a Tenno dies for real they are gone forever, fortunately we are very hard to kill.

Another thing to note is that the Warframe restrains our power and brings out certain powers and abilities from within us.

There's also how the warframes were built around the first Tenno from the Zariman.

Oh yeah, totally in agreement the Warframes and Tenno are separate beings; the Tenno is what came back from the Void and is what is being devoured by its own power, the Warframe is a Technocyte creature built to be worn by them and is what gives them their powers. Did something I say contradict this?

As for something keeping us stabilized: Warframes, Cryopods maybe. The Warframes were built as a "conduit for our Affliction", and my belief is that they are very much like Vor said: a "lens" shaping our "divine light" into various things. Like a color filter put over a lightsource to change the light we see. Like Vor said after Arid fear: they couldn't find anything to explain the powers of the Tenno in their bodies, leading to his speculation about the Warframes being the source of them.

Dang hide this thing or they'll gonna add Stabilizers like Kubrow's.

Do you really want to go to sleep in a refrigerator when you logout?

Do you really want to risk your own life when you forgot to go sleep in it?

Do you really want to wait 3 hours everytime you want to play with a Warframe?

>.<

Edited by Burnthesteak87

Well, there WAS a war, that's kinda a given. My theory isn't talking about what's happened in that, past, but might happen in the future - the ULTIMATE fate of the Tenno that has not yet been reached because no other Tenno has reached that point in their "decomposition", so to speak.

Ya, but that means there is no evidence that we decompose. We could even get stronger over time.

Ya, but that means there is no evidence that we decompose. We could even get stronger over time.

Perhaps, but items such as the Rift Sigil (and, imo, all other Sigils) in my opinion suggest that our bodies may indeed be cracking (or, rather burning) away under the pressure of Void influence. My own view of such a condition is that it would eventually kill us.

Perhaps, but items such as the Rift Sigil (and, imo, all other Sigils) in my opinion suggest that our bodies may indeed be cracking (or, rather burning) away under the pressure of Void influence. My own view of such a condition is that it would eventually kill us.

Considering Captain Vor, the only being to share a "Void affliction" with the Tenno, it is highly possible that the Tenno are, for all intents and purposes, immortal or nigh immortal.

What would happen when we truly die though?  Would we simply resurrect at a later period of time?

Considering Captain Vor, the only being to share a "Void affliction" with the Tenno, it is highly possible that the Tenno are, for all intents and purposes, immortal or nigh immortal.

What would happen when we truly die though?  Would we simply resurrect at a later period of time?

As I said; ultimately I think that we would simply turn into a part of the energy flowing through the Void, fading and fading more into it until nothing of us remained. Like a drop of water in a bucket.

On Vor though, that's an interesting point, as I believe that he has a tether to the mortal plain through his Janus key (it being the source of his resurrection and all). Perhaps such a tether is exactly what we Tenno have with our Warframes? Hence when the frames were destroyed (in the case of Mirage and Limbo) the Tenno pilots for them were also lost?

As I said; ultimately I think that we would simply turn into a part of the energy flowing through the Void, fading and fading more into it until nothing of us remained. Like a drop of water in a bucket.

On Vor though, that's an interesting point, as I believe that he has a tether to the mortal plain through his Janus key (it being the source of his resurrection and all). Perhaps such a tether is exactly what we Tenno have with our Warframes? Hence when the frames were destroyed (in the case of Mirage and Limbo) the Tenno pilots for them were also lost?

Interesting theory.

Now, how would the Lotus fit into that?

She is connected to the Tenno and our Warframes in some way, so it would make sense for her to be involved in the tethering of our souls to the mortal plane.

Edited by 011100110110000101101101

Interesting theory.

Now, how would the Lotus fit into that?

She is connected to the Tenno and our Warframes in some way, so it would make sense for her to be involved in the tethering of our souls to the mortal plane.

I think the Lotus was just meant to be a motherly A.I. and later reprogrammed to be a mission director (the inconsistencies between these two directives eventually leading her to calling for the only viable solution to both "protect the Tenno" and "win the war"; kill the Orokin - added with two other reason I wont go into here).

The issue with tethering Lotus to the Tenno "souls" comes into play when you consider Vor ALWAYS has his Janus key with him. It may simply not be possible for him to separate himself from it. If the same principle applies to Lotus we'd pretty much have to be glued to her hip, but instead it was decided to have it be tied to our Warframes (albeit in a way that allows us to move between them) with the Lotus a distant commanding/nurturing figure.

I think the Lotus was just meant to be a motherly A.I. and later reprogrammed to be a mission director (the inconsistencies between these two directives eventually leading her to calling for the only viable solution to both "protect the Tenno" and "win the war"; kill the Orokin - added with two other reason I wont go into here).

The issue with tethering Lotus to the Tenno "souls" comes into play when you consider Vor ALWAYS has his Janus key with him. It may simply not be possible for him to separate himself from it. If the same principle applies to Lotus we'd pretty much have to be glued to her hip, but instead it was decided to have it be tied to our Warframes (albeit in a way that allows us to move between them) with the Lotus a distant commanding/nurturing figure.

What if the Lotus is a conduit for Void energy to move between the Void and the Tenno?  That would give the Tenno a physical connection to the Lotus if we are truly Void energy at our core.

In my understanding, the Warframes are little more than armored containment/focusing devices for our powers.  Without them the Tenno might injure others by simply being near them.  That would explain why Kaleen was burned by making contact with a child Tenno.  I don't believe there is any information about the Warframes being anything else than that.

What if the Lotus is a conduit for Void energy to move between the Void and the Tenno?  That would give the Tenno a physical connection to the Lotus if we are truly Void energy at our core.

In my understanding, the Warframes are little more than armored containment/focusing devices for our powers.  Without them the Tenno might injure others by simply being near them.  That would explain why Kaleen was burned by making contact with a child Tenno.  I don't believe there is any information about the Warframes being anything else than that.

Well, given that the Technocyte monster in the Rhino Prime codex used Rhino abilities without being a Tenno I'd say that the evidence for those power originating from the Warframe is pretty there. I do agree that the Tenno may injure others simply by getting near them, however, and feel that's what makes the Warframes multipurpose. 

As for that Lotus statement, that would imply she's been around since the Tenno were born of the Void, allowing them access to its energies. And that makes no sense given the child was able to burn Kaleen with what I've always read as being radiation burns (a bit of research into the matter I made had the descriptions of radiation burning line up much better with the physical description of Kaleen that regular fire burns) from their Void powers (which is also what I bank this theory on).

Well, given that the Technocyte monster in the Rhino Prime codex used Rhino abilities without being a Tenno I'd say that the evidence for those power originating from the Warframe is pretty there. I do agree that the Tenno may injure others simply by getting near them, however, and feel that's what makes the Warframes multipurpose. 

As for that Lotus statement, that would imply she's been around since the Tenno were born of the Void, allowing them access to its energies. And that makes no sense given the child was able to burn Kaleen with what I've always read as being radiation burns (a bit of research into the matter I made had the descriptions of radiation burning line up much better with the physical description of Kaleen that regular fire burns) from their Void powers (which is also what I bank this theory on).

On the Rhino codex.  The prototype Rhino Warframe might not have used any powers.  It roared, but that doesn't mean it used the power "Roar".  It might have simply been roaring at the two doctors.  I am also not sure that powers originate from the Warframes at all, I believe that Tenno posses the powers, and the Warframes shape them into substance, which is in line with what Captain Vor believes.

On the Lotus thing, you've got me there; which is not very surprising.  I only thought of it very recently and have had no real time to develop it.

On the Rhino codex.  The prototype Rhino Warframe might not have used any powers.  It roared, but that doesn't mean it used the power "Roar".  It might have simply been roaring at the two doctors.  I am also not sure that powers originate from the Warframes at all, I believe that Tenno posses the powers, and the Warframes shape them into substance, which is in line with what Captain Vor believes.

On the Lotus thing, you've got me there; which is not very surprising.  I only thought of it very recently and have had no real time to develop it.

It also charged with such force that it pretty much vaporized the security guards, which fits in line with Rhino Charge, and the "flowering mercury" change to its skin (which happened right in the guard's sight as well) very likely was Iron Skin. The issue IS that Rhino very-much-physical abilities are easily mistakable for just regular physical feats, but I contest that, much like Hayden Tenno in the past, it's the technocyte that gives these powers, while the Void turned us into something capable of controlling these monsters - calming them down in a way that is not otherwise possible without whatever one-in-a-million roll of the dice Hayden had (though I also think the signal being played over the area had something to do with that).

I've always interpreted Vor's lines as meaning the Tenno are more or less a "battery" of sorts for turning the Warframes into unstoppable vehicles of war, while the Warframes provide us with the means and protection that we supercharge with our "divine energy".

It also charged with such force that it pretty much vaporized the security guards, which fits in line with Rhino Charge, and the "flowering mercury" change to its skin (which happened right in the guard's sight as well) very likely was Iron Skin. The issue IS that Rhino very-much-physical abilities are easily mistakable for just regular physical feats, but I contest that, much like Hayden Tenno in the past, it's the technocyte that gives these powers, while the Void turned us into something capable of controlling these monsters - calming them down in a way that is not otherwise possible without whatever one-in-a-million roll of the dice Hayden had (though I also think the signal being played over the area had something to do with that).

I've always interpreted Vor's lines as meaning the Tenno are more or less a "battery" of sorts for turning the Warframes into unstoppable vehicles of war, while the Warframes provide us with the means and protection that we supercharge with our "divine energy".

I'm going to leave the whole Rhino thing alone because I have most clearly lost that debate.  Next time I'll just stick to my forte.

Now, on Vor, I believe we have been misinterpreting each other as what you state is also my understanding on it what he says.  We have the powers, and the Warframes transform them into whatever they were built to.  Any Tenno can wear an Ember and have powers of fire, but that same Tenno can enter a Saryn and have powers of toxins.

Vor seems to be doing fine and he is missing a third of his body.

I'm going to leave the whole Rhino thing alone because I have most clearly lost that debate.  Next time I'll just stick to my forte.

Now, on Vor, I believe we have been misinterpreting each other as what you state is also my understanding on it what he says.  We have the powers, and the Warframes transform them into whatever they were built to.  Any Tenno can wear an Ember and have powers of fire, but that same Tenno can enter a Saryn and have powers of toxins.

That's what I believe too, but I believe it as the Warframe have those powers and we merely wield the powers of the frames, enhancing them beyond natural Technocyte abilities to the point of godliness with our Void influence. That Void influence and empowerment is the "Divine Light" Vor is talking about, while the Warframe powers (Mind Control, Fireball, ect; which he was unable to find in the Tenno while studying them after pulling them from the frames - see Arid Fear entry) are the lens through which they are focused.

Vor seems to be doing fine and he is missing a third of his body.

He's ALSO only been resurrected by the Void for... let's say a year at most. Us? We've been slowly, slowly burning for a MILLENNIUM.

It's the difference between holding a lighter under a leaf for second and for a whole minute - Vor's only had a second compared to us.

He's ALSO only been resurrected by the Void for... let's say a year at most. Us? We've been slowly, slowly burning for a MILLENNIUM.

It's the difference between holding a lighter under a leaf for second and for a whole minute - Vor's only had a second compared to us.

Not at all cracks vs being cut in half and only having void energy there... 

There isn't a lighter under Vor's leaf its a flame thrower.

also while this is just the warframe, there is no energy pouring out of it. (0:18)

Edited by immolator1001

Not at all cracks vs being cut in half and only having void energy there... 

There isn't a lighter under Vor's leaf its a flame thrower.

also while this is just the warframe, there is no energy pouring out of it. (0:18)

I'm confused what you're arguing now... Are you saying he IS fine or he isn't?

Because, either way, keep in mind that he's been burning for A LOT less time than we have, and that "Cut in half" is more the result of what WE did to him than the Void's effect on him. I think you're mentally speeding up this process to be FAR more than what I'm saying it progresses at - it may take a millennium times a millennium for us to completely be burned away, but we've already been burning for this long, that's had consequences.

Also, we know hollow Warframes are a thing (see Lotus' comment about Infested Mesa) perhaps that was one of them? A Frame without a Tenno. Or, like the Arid Fear codex said "our scientists talk about energy dissolution" - when a Tenno dies (that is, from something OTHER than this supposed long-term burnout), their energy dissipates.

Of course, I still argue the Excalibur in that video looked like there was nothing in it at the time...