The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips On Limbo?

(PSN)Cerata_

Rift walk is your bread and butter. If you aren't in the void you should probably be in the void. From there it's all up to you how you want to use him. Some people focus on single targets. Others like to find open areas and make arena's with cataclysm. I personally take a natural talent and focus mostly on just casting and uncasting rift walk while manuvering throughout groups of enemies with melee.

rift walk and rift out on certain times,cataclysm is gonna be your quick kills on low levels,banish people if they ask you to,mesa and limbo make a great couple(banishing and peacemaking if you know what i mean) and rift surge is gonna be your rift buffs

My personal favorite style with limbo is orbital nuking--riftwalk to be nice and safe and have regen.

Have max range, max efficiency, and if you feel like it, damage boosters.

Then, double-tap cataclysm. Quickly casting and then collapsing it makes it function as a very high damage nuke. In between doing that, carrying a melee of your choice and banishing enemies one at a time and then using melee finishers against them while they're down makes short work of anything--with rift surge, you can send the multipliers north of 18x.

Hello

I am a Limbo, here are some tips that might be of use to you.

STYLE ::
Your style will be your own but you must remember that no one really understands you. Alone you are a ghost like assassin, but in a team you are a 'Shepherd' that must herd his team mates through the mission using crowd control and support tactics.

A. When playing in a team with strangers inform them of the following.
1. The bubble will regenerate their shields and their energy faster.
2. You cannot shoot through the bubble (either way).
3. Inform them that you can make them partially invulnerable if needed (very useful for extraction!)

B. Things you must do when playing in a team.
1. Cast bubbles (catalyst) to protect the team from extensively large groups.
2. Drop (Uncast) your bubble when its safe - to allow team to pick up drops !
3. Drop your bubble when data-mass falls on floor - to allow team to pickup.
4. Drop your bubble around drills in excavation - when its power is running low
5. No one can pass through;rift with power cell and they will drop at the edge of the bubble
^^ This is good, because the cells will be close and you can quickly re power; the drill.

6. When you rift through the battle field to revive a team mate in a swarm of death, hang about help guide him out :D

7. If you banish a player that was in extreme danger, remember to un-banish them if your using lots of duration mods

If you do both A and B other players will respect you, so when you bubble stay in it and watch whats going on so you can turn it off if you must!

MODS ::
Increase power intensity duration, use armor health and shield mods too, you can die easy when exposed.

DOING DAMAGE::
Intensity mods will increase frame ability damage, otherwise get a good weapon, a pole with reach and a rifle with rapid fire power helps with swarming enemy surrounding you when you drop out of the rift, while reviving a team mate.

RISKS::
You are slow and because your also pretty fragile, variable modding is very much narrowed down, because you really need Armor, Health and Shield boosts are you will simply die each time you leave the rift.

Edited by Barnadeath

Oh yes. Forgot that one: It is a DEFINITE MUST to provide your team with at least a warning label.

My mission-opening statement list:

1. I'm a limbo, if you need to be banished, let me know.

a. Being banished puts you in the rift.

b1. Being rifted will let you regen energy, and will prevent you from being hurt by enemies.

b2. You cannot pick anything up while rifted.

c. I can heal you this way.

2. To un-banish yourself, roll.

d. If I leave a catclysm up and it needs to be collapsed, let me know.

The numbered ones are a MUST, and the others are semi-situational(playing with players I don't know, obvious n00bs, or a tactical reminder when I *know* I plan on banishing people or leaving up cataclysms.)

For defense mission, it's obvious you need to protect the pod with cataclysm.

Other mission, use cataclysm for protection. It's way faster to move out of cataclysm to attack then deactivate rift walk. Use rift walk to move from one spot to another. Generally, you should be in rift walk in between time of two cataclysm. Do not mod range for this purpose.

Anyone who uses Cataclysm for Defense pod protection is not using him right. It's not a Frost Snowglobe, don't treat it as such.

That said, this is the way I play it for the best effectiveness and minimal teammate annoyance:

Use Riftwalk ALL THE TIME. The only time you should leave Riftwalk is to pick up items (why you can't pick them up while in Rift is still a mystery to me, and frankly, is bullS#&$). This way you can choose your targets and remain invincible while you run around and regenerate energy like a madman. I have never run out of energy as Limbo ever.

Next, Banish ALL the things. Go up to an enemy, Banish, do a melee finisher while it's knocked down and use something like a shotgun to finish the kill (I'm still waiting for a true pump-action shotgun to give that a good feel). This way you can attack individual enemies while remaining invincible to the rest. If the enemy you banished becomes to overwhelming for you to take on alone, simply un-banish it and if the damage from Banish doesn't kill it, it will at least be knocked down again for your teammates.

Use Rift Surge ALL THE TIME. I have it bound to macro on my mouse so that it's never not on. More damage to things in the Rift? Why not? Couple this with Rift Torrent and you can have some devastating effects.

Finally, Cataclysm-- the source of so much controversy and stupidity. Like I said before, do NOT use this as pod defense in the same way as a Snowglobe from Frost. You will simply annoy your teammates because they can't shoot the oncoming horde of enemies. It's not a shield, it's a two-way barrier that simply shortens the field for you to do combat on, whether you're inside it or outside.

How you SHOULD use it: cast it frequently and for short periods of time. When you see a horde of enemies, first go into Riftwalk and Rift Surge if you're not already. MAKE SURE you're at a safe distance away from the group, so they have a harder time hitting you. Then cast Cataclysm on the horde and mow them down. THEN DEACTIVATE THE CATACLYSM. Deactivation of it will create another energy explosion and finish off any stragglers. I find it's best to use Rift Torrent with this playstyle because when you cast the Cat on a large horde, your Surge damage is multiplied by energy enemy in the Rift, thus making your mowdown all the more effective. Quick blasts of Cat, not long durations.

Here is my loadout for him which works extremely well for the tactics I've laid out above:

6FRCNwm.png

You could of course mod for damage as well. I actually haven't messed with this loadout in quite some time and it could probably do with some modifications to better suit my playstyle above. Blind Rage would help increase that damage from Cataclysm exploding as well as Rift Surge and Rift Torrent. Stretch helps nab more enemies in Cat so that Rift Torrent can work better. All the power efficiency is there to basically never run out of energy. Most important to me is the Natural Talent. It lets you jump in and out of Rift extremely quickly and be much more versatile.

Edited by SasoDuck