Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I Imagining Things Or Does My Dragon Nikana Suddenly Have Red Lights?

Wellwisher

There is this weird red glow that has appeared on my Nikana since the new skins where added. It occurs both with the standard, as well as with the new Skin. It seems to be related to Energy color, as it disappears with a black color and shifts color as energy color changes. What you see here is the color at true white Energy color.

Has anyone noticed this? Personally I find it rather annoying and would prefer it if it was reverted to the previous look where the glow was not present.

4aXI1vF.jpg

Edited by Wellwisher

I'd noticed that too. It's also on the tip of the blade as Mr Tenno is swinging it around.

Damn Warframe looks infinitely sexier on a proper machine! My humble laptop just doesn't do those new sheaths justice.

The red glow is affected by one of the color options. With the right coloring, you will no longer see it.

Yes as I said in my OP, it is affected by Energy color and changing it to black makes it disappear. However, changing energy to black makes all energy related effects essentially invisible, which cause things to look wonky, or outright terrible.

For example, attacking with black energy with a melee weapon makes your weapon trail invisible, which kills a lot of the visual appeal. In the case of the Nikana you can hardly see your blade, and it looks like your frame is just flailing around in the air.

But I didn't think that it'd be connected to my energy colour, which is a darkish blue.

Yes, that is why I said it changes with changed energy color, as the glow itself seems to always be some sort of reddish color with a slightly altered hue depending on energy color.

Edited by Wellwisher

I'm fairly certain it has something to do with the dragon nikana's new sheath; "while the Dragon Nikana causes the sheath to rage with molten fury." as said in the update notes. Sounds like the sword itself got some sort of visual change too, though this could just be an oversight.

Edited by Evkenn