Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Everyone Hating On Tenno Live And Chroma ?

Mikail96

To people saying "Sea Dragon=/= Dragom", that's obvious. But it's a play on words. It's not literally a dragon, but it's inspired by something called a dragon.

Chroma being released with the underwater tileset further hints that he was designed based on the animal called the "sea dragon", atleast design wise.

That's not the first time a Dragon was based on the animal, for those who play Pokemon he is warframe's

250px-230Kingdra.png

Well the community requested a dragon, so if DE thought they were making what the community wanted, then they should've been making a dragon frame, not a fish frame or Pokemon. Or, you know, they could've just admitted that they actually weren't making what the community requested (what they said the community requested, which was a dragon frame). Edited by AntoineFlemming

On the other hand-

chroma%20final%20copy_zpspz9yiiym.jpg

-evokes dragon more blatantly.

Let's just be real for a minute. If there are some alt helmets that are more "traditional" or easily recognizable as dragon themes it will alleviate the issue quiet a bit. Choice is the ideal solution to please multiple preferences.

dat helmet is the fix for all this

Honestly, at this point and with the other viking figurine example I think it's all just coming down to personal tastes and opinions of what a "dragon" out to look like. With a lot of people seeming to prefer the more modern warcraft-esq look to dragons.

But that's what alt helms are for.

Totally Agree!

Honestly, at this point and with the other viking figurine example I think it's all just coming down to personal tastes and opinions of what a "dragon" out to look like. 

So you feel that Chroma's head looks similar to the viking dragon?

https://www.google.com/search?q=viking+dragon&safe=off&rlz=1C2CHWA_enUS628US628&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=13P8VNGhHJCaoQTC-ILIAw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=1075

Cause I certainly don't.

t that's what alt helms are for.

Indeed alt helmets are the answer. Something like this animal might please many folks...

https://www.google.com/search?q=smaug+giganteus&safe=off&rlz=1C1CHWA_enUS628US628&es_sm=122&biw=1920&bih=1075&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=V3f8VOnvFcjpoATk1oCACg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7b/Cordylus_giganteus.jpg

Edited by Ronyn

No. Chroma does Not look like a Viking dragon.

*looks at the below quoted, scratches head*

Ya, that's what I see:

Wd58oYQ.jpg

And for FURTHER reference:

beastOfPrey_1.jpg
clients%2Fwwolst12%2Fphoto_sets%2F21439%
viking_dragon_by_brandvarg-d396enz.jpg
viking_dragon_by_leeko-d30vnfd.jpg

Like I said:

Honestly, at this point and with the other viking figurine example I think it's all just coming down to personal tastes and opinions of what a "dragon" out to look like. With a lot of people seeming to prefer the more modern warcraft-esq look to dragons.

But that's what alt helms are for.

See the above post. I'm seeing a lot of variations, including the long-snouted one.

DE just took the latter rather than the former.

Well the community requested a dragon, so if DE thought they were making what the community wanted, then they should've been making a dragon frame, not a fish frame or Pokemon. Or, you know, they could've just admitted that they actually weren't making what the community requested (what they said the community requested, which was a dragon frame).

And how certain are you he isn't a dragonframe? He already breathes fire.   I'd wait for his abilities before saying he isn't a dragonframe.

The "community" requested dragonframe is a scaly rhino, well done.

People wanted a dragonframe. DE made a Dragon Frame based around the chromatic dragons of DnD, whose energy color change it's element. Are you leaving out this information?

See the above post. I'm seeing a lot of variations, including the long-snouted one.

DE just took the latter rather than the former.

I saw the above post. More importantly this is not the first time I have looked at many types of dragons including the viking variants. I suppose that top carving is somewhat similar...lol (one or two out of HUNDREDS of others)

So I still say it is a stretch to say that Chroma's helmet design generally looks like the viking dragon or any other version of the mythological dragon recorded.

The only "dragon" it really looks similar to is the leafy sea dragon.

Edited by Ronyn

one alt helmet later and everthing is pretty much solved...

Personally I m not a fan of that overdetailed skin (zephyr-like) all over the body, Id prefer a cleaner look, at least in part of the body, maybe having the detailed  parts as some kind of armour... just my taste though.

And you know they'll consider changing him when he releases, if nobody likes him.

We're talking about DE here, right?

Does anyone remember when Blaze turned into Ember, and how many flames were being thrown around about how her default helmet makes her look like a chicken?  Even after all those flames, Ember didn't change all that much.  But, we got alternative helmets.

That's exactly how this will go down.

All this could be solved if he would sell new body skin like proto-type skin Excalibur for all warframe ...

Not only helmets but for the body as well.

Like this each player could choose the look that will suit you like and would avoid all this .