Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is E-Gate Actually That Good?

Ingway

Question

I suddenly see a decent number of people doing farm groups for E-gate, but as far as i'm aware, the only real nice thing from it is the resource farm, and the possible random mod drops from it, or is there something else i'm missing? I mean some say it's for R5 farming, but that's just a misleading lie, the excavators there only dig out 1 core instead of packs like say triton.

Problem with EGate is that it has no valuable resources. No Sensors/Morphics/Gallium/Neurodes. Most of the common items, you've probably already got few hundred k's already. As for Mods. It's bad to be host as you'll have to constantly move away from the Mag as you won't be picking up every single item. 40min run usually is around 1-1.2k mods. Lots of common r3 cores. Did it twice ending with 1k mods and got about 800 of them.

its really good afk place to get mods

bugframe is the bigest problem game crashes all the time  in past 2 days out of 15 runs i think we managed to do 1 properly (aka not being lagged out and needing to extract too early)

u stop getting exp after like minute there (BUG)

Edited by Vaikiss

Anti afk that has been deployed recently is for end of mission rewards.

Not getting exp if your afk is a much older "afk detecting system".

Most players that farm for mods don't really need to lvl up things as that may involve rolling constantly, making the game rather boring

u stop getting exp after like minute there (BUG)

Actually, I noticed this. To fix the xp issue, jump over to the to the open create hanging in mid air and back again. I was neckros and took a break every min. Or so. I brought in unranked weapons and in one farm session got them to level 30.

some people are probably abusing it 24/7 and got 20k cores by now.

it's even worse than viver. at least you had to a bit active instead of going to take a bath for 40 minutes and come back to 150k credits and 1200 mods

Edited by dddeath

People are underselling it because it's an exploit and don't want it fixed. In reality you are abusing a bug that nets you over 1,000 mods, 30,000 polymer, 100,000 credits and some other resources, all while being afk.

It's called a core farm because it's easier to explain simply that you get more mod power from it then farming cores from traditional methods like Triton. The 1,000 mods+ per hour equates to more 'fusion' level then you would get in a same hour of farming R5 Cores. Getting loads of resources and credits along with being able to afk it, is why so many people do it.

It's exploiting, and then people macro it on top of that, which is cheating. It's beyond me why it hasn't been fixed yet.

I ignored it for a few days because I didn't want to cheat like that, but with no fix in sight, I too jumped on the bandwagon. After all, it's all people are doing in recruiting right now. Couldn't even host tower keys using all my keys in peek hours. Or even better when looking for Draco, and getting invited to an E-Gate and told 'this is better' just because they want a greedy mag.

On the plus side of things, you can buy a max rank mod for extremely cheap right now, as the price for the common ones are crashing at a pretty disgusting rate. Saw someone selling a maxed Heavy Caliber for 80p yesterday, could be wrong but just 2 weeks ago those were 300+ plat.

People are underselling it because it's an exploit and don't want it fixed. In reality you are abusing a bug that nets you over 1,000 mods, 30,000 polymer, 100,000 credits and some other resources, all while being afk.

It's called a core farm because it's easier to explain simply that you get more mod power from it then farming cores from traditional methods like Triton. The 1,000 mods+ per hour equates to more 'fusion' level then you would get in a same hour of farming R5 Cores. Getting loads of resources and credits along with being able to afk it, is why so many people do it.

It's exploiting, and then people macro it on top of that, which is cheating. It's beyond me why it hasn't been fixed yet.

I ignored it for a few days because I didn't want to cheat like that, but with no fix in sight, I too jumped on the bandwagon. After all, it's all people are doing in recruiting right now. Couldn't even host tower keys using all my keys in peek hours. Or even better when looking for Draco, and getting invited to an E-Gate and told 'this is better' just because they want a greedy mag.

On the plus side of things, you can buy a max rank mod for extremely cheap right now, as the price for the common ones are crashing at a pretty disgusting rate. Saw someone selling a maxed Heavy Caliber for 80p yesterday, could be wrong but just 2 weeks ago those were 300+ plat.

Funny thing is, it's been around for awhile but with all the people constantly complaining recently, has only made it more common. So yeah, its your fault for making these topics.

Funny thing is, it's been around for awhile but with all the people constantly complaining recently, has only made it more common. So yeah, its your fault for making these topics.

For starters, I didn't make any topic, I posted in a topic reply to the OPs question, that's what the section is used for. Because everyone else here keeps lying about it, trying to play it off as some worthless thing when the full recruiting chat is nothing but E-Gate posts. There is no topics on the forums talking about how to do it, because no one wants it fixed, because it's blatant exploiting.

Secondly, it didn't become popular because people complaining about it, it became popular because people in-game bringing total randoms into their game, so then they learn how to do it, then those people go out and make groups of their own. Slow start, but spread fast. That's why they say word of mouth is the best form of advertising.

Your just ticked I'm exposing it on the forums, I knew I would get someone that would come at me for my post. But doesn't matter anyway because I reported the issue 3 days ago in a ticket with detailed screenshots on how it's done. If they don't fix it then that's fine, not really my problem. But stop acting like it should be some secret and people don't deserve to know.