The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Please Get Quick Block Back?

Mesyra

Reflex Guard is really your only option then.

In theory it would be convenient, but in practice you'd remove the motivation to pull out your melee weapon if you're not planning on melee.

↑His Right :)

Edited by RedFenixIII

Reflex Guard is really your only option then.

In theory it would be convenient, but in practice you'd remove the motivation to pull out your melee weapon if you're not planning on melee.

I pull my melee out a lot, when there are a bunch of guys shooting at me I'll unload my entire primary, my secondary, and then swap to my sword and dump my energy into them. t4s gets hectic.

I think that they could make the quick block use up stamina and then make the normal block use no stamina, or quick block could have a 90% chance to deflect instead of the 100% chance.

and I dont like using reflex guard, I used the block to counter heavy slams/fire eximus/shield lancers/bombard rockets. it doesnt like to trigger for me when those things happen.

On the other side of the coin, how often do you see anyone switch to melee just to block something?

Besides, there would still be motivation to pull out melee considering you can only use combos or channeling when melee is equipped

Likewise, next to charge attacks this is actually the biggest thing I missed about Melee 1.0. Used to be bound to one of my mouse thumb buttons, and it feels so weird now being unused. DE wouldn't even let me bind alternate fire for weapons like the Quanta to it, but that's something for another thread.

pretty sure tenno have the massive strength, agility and coordination to pull out their melee weapon to block incoming fire while also holding a primary or secondary weapon in their hand

could just make 'quick block' consume double the stamina of a normal melee equipped block to offset 

this, in addition to 'quick fire' while equipping melee would help bring a bit more fluidity to weapon usage 

your fingers move faster than the game can respond so it feels clunky and requires more seamless transitions and in this case substitute actions for different modes