Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Feel About Sound Quake?

mooser6

Banshee is one of my mains and my play style with her is run and gun using a Silence + Sonar/Resonance build. It works great for team play too, everyone benefits.

It makes me think sometimes that the way sound quake could have been better implemented - I mean, it IS the strongest CC in the game... but being stuck in one spot while the rest of the team is running around killing everything isn't much fun (for Banshee) and other than being thematically consistent, it doesn't synergize with her other abilities.

Then of course there's the cheesyness... compared to other CC it has zero compromises, other than punishing you with boredom. Build for range and efficiency and the entire map is stun locked.

My question(s) to the community is this...

- As Banshee how do you feel about sound quake? If you could, would you change anything about it? Should DE give Banshee the same treatment Volt got when he was doing the electric jesus and make her mobile while her ult is active?

- Or, if you don't play Banshee do you think sound quake is OP compared to other CC in the game? Is it a cheese mechanic?

It's a decent CC skill, but I'd rather use a slow Nova. Banshee is better off with a Resonance build. I do use Soundquake from time to time on my Banshee, but for me it's mostly a useful utility skill and not something to base your build on.

It could be far better, the power should not keep her trapped.

That's my feeling about it.

All the abilities that immobilize the player have room for improvement IMO.

Rep Farming Draco is arguably more engaging that Sound Quake / Puddle / Peace Maker / etc... :)

I miss the old days when Sound Quake was the most insane defense frame. With that said; she gained a lot with her rebalance though. As to Sound Quake in particular, I think it should hit Sonar targets; its damage isn't great, but the CC is fantastic.

In my opinion it does not need a buff. Not being able to move is a downside for the skills massive CC capabilities. As far as damage goes Sonar is ridiculous, even more so with the augment and it also acts as a radar. We must also bear in mind that Sound Quake still does not have it's augment yet. Giving a buff without taking this into consideration may put us in another "Radial Javelin" situation where everyone uses Sound Quake, and not Banshee.

As a side note, I used Sound Quake to help cheese through the escalation alert. If it can do that, one must ask does it really need a buff?

The thing I hate, though, is that I have to choose between a Sonar Resonance build or a Soundquake Silence build. I generally stick with Sonar Resonance though, as Sound Quake is still decent enough to use (despite the build making silence less useful) while sonar can to TONS of damage. I guess its a choice of Damage or CC builds

Also, Banshee prime should play dubstep B)