Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Armor And Damge System Rework Idea... (Just A Thought)

lightdragon64

sorry if this isin't quite the correct place to put this because i was unsure where to put this topic...

anyways... i know for a fact that armor is a bit of a problem in warframe because of the way it works... with weapons like the boltor prime and soma it seems like armor just does not stand a chance and enemies just get killed in a split second... not only that but (to me) it seems like adding armor to a warframe only slightly helps reduce damage...

so i thought why not try to rework how the armor system works? my idea is kinda like this (if you have ever played mass effect 2 or 3 you'll get the idea here) so if armor were it's own bar [Eg. kinda like how corpus have a shield bar] what if for factions that use armor such as the grineer would have an armor bar? the armor bar would not regenerate but actually provide a form of defence by being a really tough layer to crack before being able to do full damage to health... here's how i think it should work...

when an enemy/player has an armor bar and no shields their armor would take most of the incoming damage becoming a very high damage reductor (the target would still lose health when being hit but it would be massively reduced) and it would continue this way untlill the armor was completely depleted/destroyed... afterwords their health would take full damage...

also i feel (if it already is not like this) that armor should be highly resistant to most types of damage... however it could be damaged easier by impact damage. (i'm thinking along the lines of steel plate armor here... it was resistant to slashing attacks and stabbing attacks but couldent take much of a hit from a hammer) also i feel fire would be a good way to damage armor as well...

if armor were to work like this than other things should work differently

-shields should be resistant to most damage types accept puncture and electricity

-health would take the most damage from slash and cold

EDIT: i forgot about toxin... toxin i feel should do bad damage to shields and health but normal damage to health (and can go through shields and health but will not take full effect untill they are both destroyed)

the combined elements Eg. radiation, magnetic, blast, ect. would still be useful  the way i think they should work is in a way like this

-when using radiation damge (fire+electricity) it should do good damge to both health and shields but lower damge to shields than electricity, and lower damage to armor than fire... and as a combined element that does not involve cold it should do less damage to health...

the rest of the combined damage types should work int the same manner

-Eg. magnetic (cold+electricity) does good damge to health and shields but low damage to armor

ect...

i know this is kind of long winded but i feel the damge system needs some reworking... this idea is still in the works in my head but i just wanted to get out what i have as ideas thus far... i also understand if some of my aspects here are already implemented in game but i can barley understand the damge system as is...

thanks for reading! (sorry it's such a long post)

please leave constructive feedback!

-Lightdragon

Edited by lightdragon64

I think a defense type works better than a bar that you deplete.

Mass Effect's thing was pretty much just extra health with a bit of steroid on it.

Your idea sounds like a worse version of what we have to me.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I think a defense type works better than a bar that you deplete.

Mass Effect's thing was pretty much just extra health with a bit of steroid on it.

Your idea sounds like a worse version of what we have to me.

yea i know about mass effects armor system but i thought it could work more like how shields work for corpus enemies just that players (and enemies) can be damaged even when the armor bar is working... and untill the armor bar is destroyed only a small percentage of damge will be done to health...

also i feel armor would be exclusive to mostly grineer units...

like i said the idea is still a bit hazy in my mind... i'm still thinking of ways to help fix the damge system in warframe... make it more intresting ect...

the basic idea of  the stystem i'm coming up with is mostly so people would'nt have such an easy time destroying high level enemies...

Edited by lightdragon64

yea i know about mass effects armor system but i thought it could work more like how shields work for corpus enemies just that players (and enemies) can be damaged even when the armor bar is working... and untill the armor bar is destroyed only a small percentage of damge will be done to health...

like i said the idea is still a bit hazy in my mind... i'm still thinking of ways to help fix the damge system in warframe... make it more intresting ect...

But it's interesting enough without being pointlessly complicated or restricting. It could use some tweaks, but it's where it needs to be.

But it's interesting enough without being pointlessly complicated or restricting. It could use some tweaks, but it's where it needs to be.

like i said i'm still trying to work out a damge system that would work really well in warframe... the current one is pretty good but the fact that most people tend to run around with a boltor prime with radiation damge and destroy absloutely everything without even trying is a bit annoying...

i just want a damge system that would make it to where some weapons would work on some enemies really well... while others don't... making people add some variaty to their loadouts and such...

while yes the current damage system works alright right now... i feel an improved one is needed...

like i said i'm still trying to work out a damge system that would work really well in warframe... the current one is pretty good but the fact that most people tend to run around with a boltor prime with radiation damge and destroy absloutely everything without even trying is a bit annoying...

i just want a damge system that would make it to where some weapons would work on some enemies really well... while others don't... making people add some variaty to their loadouts and such...

while yes the current damage system works alright right now... i feel an improved one is needed...

People already have damage variety. Specific builds for specific things.

Your idea and those similar to it limit freedom. It restricts players.