Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cambria (Earth) New Account Feedback

Kihana

So I started a new account and began from scratch again.

Having experienced most frames I know that Volt would be the best choice, but I took Excal and mk1 paris/kunai. Everything was good up until this mission. Getting there (Cambria) you will likely run some level 3-5 enemy missions easy enough so it looks like a doable thing with level 1-6 foes. I wasn't ex[pecting it to be easy, but still doable.

I never got out of the initial spawn area. They flooded in like crazy and the worst of them were the ones carrying the excavation drops. Even with headshots it was 2-3 shots to kill but they simple couldn't be killed fast enough to stop the overwhelming numbers while avoiding damage.

Now on the other side of that mission your back to some easy mode 1-3 missions before the boss mission (which you don't need to do and is high level for a good reason) so I can't help thinking that Cambria should be swapped out Pacific.

It would make a lot of sense. This was all solo btw.

1)  Yeah, DE always has a node on earth that is too high a level for new players.  They should make all the nodes on starter planets suitable for new accounts.

2)  Reduced spawns in a mission such as excavation doesn't belong in Warframe because:

Warframe: Developer Q&A , Answer to Question 4:

The core is the 4 guys against a massive army.  And, generally speaking, they are devastating. The core is not something like in Gears of War where the one on one is something a bit more balanced.  One Space Ninja against a whole ship of Grineer is the idea.  But, that needs to be balanced by boss battles, and by like desperate scenarios.  But, generally speaking, the whole idea of it, even an old ninja (right?) is that the untrained militia get devastated by a single one.

4 Tenno Devastate Massive Army is The core of Warframe.  That's just the way it is.  Warframe is not Destiny, Halo, Gears of War, Dark Souls, Mass Effect 3, etc. and the day it is, is the day it's just garbage.

2) Reduced spawns in a mission such as excavation doesn't belong in Warframe because:

4 Tenno Devastate Massive Army is The core of Warframe. That's just the way it is. Warframe is not Destiny, Halo, Gears of War, Dark Souls, Mass Effect 3, etc. and the day it is, is the day it's just garbage.

Yeah, except right now it's one ninja trying to complete a level-appropriate mission and getting creamed over and over. Edited by motorfirebox

Warframe isn't intended to be played solo. You're going to have the same exact problem everytime you encounter a mobile defense, defense or interception and prolly survival too.

You get a bunch of bonus xp at the end of a mission just for having other players in your squad. Not to mention how nice it is to have someone around to pick you up when you go down.

The fact of the matter is that there are not enough players to unlock the star chart with a team.  It was not like this in summer 2013.  It used to be easy to find a team to unlock the star chart with.  One way or another, this is a problem that DE will have to solve because it makes no sense to say a game is coop or MP then not have someone to play with AND not be able to play alone.  Either one can play alone or one can find a team to play with, if not, the game is unplayable and people will pass it up.

to be perfectly honest

the 'endless' mission types are the absolute bane of this game's existence

they've completely changed the dynamic that the DEvs originally created

they've ruined the attitudes of many a veteran player (also the player is partially responsible of course)

and of course they make newer solo players suffer for no good reason =/ (unless u think bad mission design is a good reason...)

to be perfectly honest

the 'endless' mission types are the absolute bane of this game's existence

they've completely changed the dynamic that the DEvs originally created

they've ruined the attitudes of many a veteran player (also the player is partially responsible of course)

and of course they make newer solo players suffer for no good reason =/ (unless u think bad mission design is a good reason...)

They present a lot of difficulties with early solo play. Until you get certain frames/weapons/mods, Survival and Interception can be hellish, while Defense and Excavation can be downright impossible. There are just too many hostile targets for a lone player to deal with if he isn't destroying/incapacitating them each immediately (not to mention how strong the Power Carriers are even at level 1 o.o). You can't even run away or take cover either, or you'll lose the defense/excavator target.

The fact of the matter is that there are not enough players to unlock the star chart with a team.  It was not like this in summer 2013.  It used to be easy to find a team to unlock the star chart with.  One way or another, this is a problem that DE will have to solve because it makes no sense to say a game is coop or MP then not have someone to play with AND not be able to play alone.  Either one can play alone or one can find a team to play with, if not, the game is unplayable and people will pass it up.

Pretty much. :/ I was recently playing my alt account, getting a feel for the current lower-rank player experience, and certain nodes were downright impossible without backup. Earth is bad, but wait until you get to that Phobos Defense mission with no one around to help. I'm shuddering now just thinking of all the Hellions knocking me down, and Ballistas getting bleed procs on me... my poor Volt didn't know what hit him.

In my opinion, all Excavation and Defense nodes should be made as optional side-missions on the star chart.

• 1 month later...

I agree. When I write ''casual fusion core aquiring'' in the recruit chat, go into a Cambria <level 1-6> the idiots on my squad are like GTFO YOU F*CKING NOOB STOP WASTING MY TIME NOOB NEXT TIME BRING A FULLY MODDED NEKROS OR MAG OR MESA. Too many tryhards who want to max out the rewards for their time. Pressing 4 1000 times over and over again to maximise rep is just

Edited by mamaswan

-snip-

Pretty much. :/ I was recently playing my alt account, getting a feel for the current lower-rank player experience, and certain nodes were downright impossible without backup. Earth is bad, but wait until you get to that Phobos Defense mission with no one around to help. I'm shuddering now just thinking of all the Hellions knocking me down, and Ballistas getting bleed procs on me... my poor Volt didn't know what hit him.

In my opinion, all Excavation and Defense nodes should be made as optional side-missions on the star chart.

I also recently made a new account to try out the "New Player Experience" and even with my knowledge and a little bit of good luck it was pretty difficult. I really would hate to see how a real "n00b" would do. However that being said the Star-Chart problems aside there is little to no reason for anyone to clear the start chart, even new players just get taxied.

It is hysterically funny to see people asking for a Mars/Earth Taxi for an alert. Then it is absolutely sad when you look at the map and realize that it is only 2 nodes off from the Boss and people asking got the Taxi are Mastery Rank 5+.

Well i remember from my expirience that i skipped those excavations until i turned like mr3-4 or so and made some weapons like boltor, orthos and bolto and started to play in parties not just solo. And well it is easy even with lvl 0 warframes when you take with you something like Kohm or Quanta... but of course if you only started a game thats not an option... so yea those excavations may be impossible at the begining.