Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Permanent Allies

Cosmedian

I'll make it short.

How about up to 3 allies you can take with you in solo missions? They could be a permanent part of the loadout (wich can be equiped and unequiped) wearing their own weapons, wich you have to build (Like a Miter, you've build and you can give it to one).There could be different ones with different behavior, stats and design, sold by Syndicates, given by a faction if you helped in 50 Invasions (or something like that), sometimes given as a rescue reward, etc..

(I know AI etc. would have to be improved so it would take a while even if it would be made, because it should be low-priority)

Edit: Specters are: consumable, also usable in online and have a bad AI; that's why I wrote this post. This Post should show why an AI rework would be usefull. (Solo would be more fun (not that less effective than online), you could have more loadout options etc.). Bad AI isn't a explanation why AI shouldn't be improved (the people who wrote something about AI problems as an explanation that this post isn't possible, seem like they haven't read the whole post).

Edited by Xilrus

-snip-

We already have specters in the game. Why would you want anything more then that?

Besides I wouldn't want that. The syndicate operatives prove that they are annoying, getting in the way and occasionaly when you lvl up your weapons, they steal your kills. Hell no I don't want that!

Edited by RadioLarity

Well, if we get an AI that isn't brain dead, why not. Needs a lot work though.^^'

We already have specters in the game. Why would you want anything more then that?
Besides I wouldn't want that. The syndicate operatives prove that they are annoying, getting in the way and occasionaly when you lvl up your weapons, they steal your kills. Hell no I don't want that!

^ We have specters, and even if we did have solo play followers their AI is absolute garbage.

Nothing to do with specters... They would be chosen before the mission, and be like teammates, except controled by the AI. Specters are disposable tools. These guys would be "real" teammates, nothing like specters really, more "customization", they wouldn't be just an item in our inventory. At least that's how I would want them to be.

But again, AI wise... I already can't use my Nyx's Mind Control because the AI is just... inexistant. so imagine 3 others like that... The HORROR.

And of course, this would have to be optional, many players do missions solo to actually be alone after all.^^