Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Axzavior ,the Knight Warframe [High Quality Concept Arts] [Update2015/6/25- Text & Skills Updated] Suggestions Needed

LAME_NINJA

The concept art for this is stellar, and I like the idea of a "Knight" frame that's not Oberon, or perhap even's Oberon's opposite.  However, there are some things I would definitely give a critique of.  Don't take these the wrong way, I just want to offer some constructive criticism:

Theme:

The idea of a "Dark Knight", or something that's a cross between Rhino and Oberon, is rather cool, so I can't say anything particular about the motiff you're going for.  I dunno about the name personally, but then I suck at naming things.  Since the frames have been named based around either their design (Mesa is a Western gunslinger) or their abilities (Ember uses fire), I want to say this guy could be something like 'Claymore' or maybe 'Errant' (after Knight Errant).

Stats:

His stats seem alright?  I think 600 armor is a bit over the top.  Valkyr gets away with it because she's a berserker, designed to shred things at point blank range and hurl herself across the battlefield in a spitting frenzy.  Ax here seems more like a laborous tank, like Rhino or Frost.  I'd say cut the armor in half.  300 gives him more armor than Rhino and Frost, but doesn't necessarily place him on the exact same level as Valkyr.  If you need to go lower, 250 is a nice number as well.

In a lot of RPG games, the "Dark Knight" is a hulking tank that often sacrifices their own lifeforce to deliver massive damage to their foes.  In keeping with this motiff, Ax could have a passive which allows him to sacrifice health when he doesn't have enough energy.  Also certain attacks (which I'll get into) would use health instead of energy during their execution.  For the purpose of my critique, I'm going to say that Ax uses Corrosive damage for his abilities.  Why, you ask?

Oberon's attacks are supposed be "holy" and "light", and do Radiation damage (Fire + Electricity)

Ax's attacks, playing into a "dark" and "chaotic" theme, would do Corrosive damage (Poison + Electricity)

Also, lowering his movement speed would keep with that motiff just fine.

Abilities:

I'm going to go over his abilities one at a time, in the order that I feel they should go into.  I like most of the overall designs of the powers, but want to make a few changes/overhauls so that it fits what I feel is a good set-up.  As always, YMMV on this, as this is my personal opinion:

#1: Collapse

At first glance this is a combination of the Itzal's Blink and Cosmic Crush combined into a single ability.  Which isn't bad, but for a #1 power it's a lot.  Plus it combines some of the best parts of Ash's Teleport (which is a 3), and Mag's Pull.  So let's make this ability a bit more unique:

- First off, not a teleport.  It'll be a ground-based AoE, like Oberon's Hallowed Ground.  Only instead of a line, it'll be a round patch.  Also, instead of directly underneath Ax, this power works at range.

- Have it impair enemy movement, either a slow or a snare.  As it's ground-based, it doesn't effect things in the air.  Thi way it doesn't compete with Bastille or Snow Globe, which still being different.  Allies do not receive any benefit from standing in the patch.

- Corrosive damage over time, small chance of status proc.

- When duration ends, cause an explosion that does light-to-moderate damage and knocks enemies down.

With this, you create a means to halt or slow enemy movement, which gives Ax the time he needs to move into range and shred enemies apart with melee.  And it doesn't render other CC's obsolete.

#2: Outcaste

This ability confused me.  Ax feels like someone trying to get into melee range so he can swing his sword and end lives, so a panic button AoE knockback feels out of place on him.  Instead, let's make it something that not only can impair movement (more soft CC) but also provide further melee set-up for when Ax is closer to his foes, rather than with Collapse, where he's further out.

- First off, it'll be a 360 AoE Knock-towards.  So enemies hit will be flung off their feet and towards Ax instead of away.  This puts them well within range to attack, and gives allies a dense pack of things to shoot at.  Again, while not replacing similar powers.

- Because it's a 360, it'll have less range than pull.  The point is for Ax to fling himself into a pack of foes (even if they're spread out) and then yank them towards him so he can fillet them and serve them up in cutlets.

- Corrosive damage as usual, small chance of proc.

-Animation would involve him holding his arms out and then yanking them inward.  Could even create an inverse shockwave.  A ring of energy that gets drawn towards him, rather than thrown outward.

Again, this ability provides a means to engage foes in close quarters which is what Ax wants, while not competing with similar powers on other frames.

#3: Abyss

I like the idea of a "mode change" power, however, because this feels a lot like a poor man's Hysteria and Shatter Shield, which are a 4 and a 3 respectively, I shifted this power's position to fall more in line with those abilities.

- Like Hysteria, this power would create that Shadow Blade in Ax's hand, replacing whatever weapon he was currently using.  It'll use some percentage of his melee weapons base damage and crit chance/severity.  It'll do Slash and/or Corrosive damage though.

- Toggle rather than duration.  I always prefer toggles because they give players much more control over how a power is used and when to turn it on or off, preventing wasted energy if you pop it too soon or too late.

- Ax sacrifices ALL his shields, healing himself and gains a scaling attack speed buff as his health drops.

- Auto-parry is fine, but rather than a stamina restore on block, just give him a large passive bonus to stamina regeneration, like the Quick Rest mod.  A melee damage reflection effect (to contrast Mesa's ranged damage reflection) works fine as well.

- Possible lifesteal on physical attack

- Charge E would cause Ax to throw out a shockwave in front of himself doing a large amount of Corrosive damage, but at the cost of health.  Whether this attack is radial or a line can always be decided later.

So this mode turns Ax into a rip-roaring melee machine, at the cost of energy and health, fitting with the motiff, while not being a straight upgrade of either Hysteria or Shatter Shield.

#4: Spear of Judgement

I liked the idea of a "charged" ultimate, but suddenly swapping to a "light"-style attack after 3 attacks of "Dark" felt awkward, so while I like this power, I'm going to change how it operates some.

- On activation, Ax forms his wings, and the Spear.  The spear charges based on time.  Note, this does NOT mean you have to wait the whole duration for the Spear to be fully charged.  Only that the charge is proportional to the duration.  This means players modding for duration aren't penalized by having to wait longer for a full charge.

- Ax can swing the spear around.  It has a longer reach, wider sweeping combos, and higher base damage but attacks slower, and doesn't have the sort of crit chance/severity as the Shadow Blade.

- Spear does a combination Electric and Puncture damage, with a moderate-to-high chance for proccing the status effect.

- As the Spear charges, it receives a proportionate damage/attack speed buff, but never reaches the speed of the Shadow Blade.  Ax also receives a scaling armor buff and damage reduction based on the level of charge, but lowers his movement speed.

- If the duration runs out, or 4 is pressed anytime during the duration, Ax cancels all attacks and hurls the spear in the targeted direction, where it explodes in a wide radial blast.  Damage and range of the blast as usual, scales on charge.  If targets survive the blast, Ax gets a small heal-over-time based on how many enemies were hit and the charge of the spear, and if targets are killed, Ax receives an immediate heal, again, based on targets hit and spear charge.

- Explosion damage is Electric and procs at a 100% rate.

- The wings disappear after the Spear explode.

As a special note:  If Ax uses Spear while the Abyss mode is running, Ax does not get to swing the spear at all, he immediately throws it.  This is meant to balance the benefits of Abyss without overpowering Ax.  Also meant to show a dichotomy, that he cannot sustain his only "light" power when his "dark" mode is running.

In this manner, the Spear is a trade-off with Abyss.  He trades more range and damage and a high-damaging nuke, instead of the berserker-like properties of Abyss.  So you can choose to be even tankier than before, or sweep through your enemies like a man with a death wish.

Conclusion:

I like this frame, like it a lot.  I don't think we'll see it because technically we have a knight already, but the concept and artwork are great and I do hope DE at least gives this one a looksie.

Edited by RiouHotaru

The concept art for this is stellar, and I like the idea of a "Knight" frame that's not Oberon, or perhap even's Oberon's opposite.  However, there are some things I would definitely give a critique of.  Don't take these the wrong way, I just want to offer some constructive criticism:

Theme:

The idea of a "Dark Knight", or something that's a cross between Rhino and Oberon, is rather cool, so I can't say anything particular about the motiff you're going for.  I dunno about the name personally, but then I suck at naming things.  Since the frames have been named based around either their design (Mesa is a Western gunslinger) or their abilities (Ember uses fire), I want to say this guy could be something like 'Claymore' or maybe 'Errant' (after Knight Errant).

Stats:

His stats seem alright?  I think 600 armor is a bit over the top.  Valkyr gets away with it because she's a berserker, designed to shred things at point blank range and hurl herself across the battlefield in a spitting frenzy.  Ax here seems more like a laborous tank, like Rhino or Frost.  I'd say cut the armor in half.  300 gives him more armor than Rhino and Frost, but doesn't necessarily place him on the exact same level as Valkyr.  If you need to go lower, 250 is a nice number as well.

In a lot of RPG games, the "Dark Knight" is a hulking tank that often sacrifices their own lifeforce to deliver massive damage to their foes.  In keeping with this motiff, Ax could have a passive which allows him to sacrifice health when he doesn't have enough energy.  Also certain attacks (which I'll get into) would use health instead of energy during their execution.  For the purpose of my critique, I'm going to say that Ax uses Corrosive damage for his abilities.  Why, you ask?

Oberon's attacks are supposed be "holy" and "light", and do Radiation damage (Fire + Electricity)

Ax's attacks, playing into a "dark" and "chaotic" theme, would do Corrosive damage (Poison + Electricity)

Also, lowering his movement speed would keep with that motiff just fine.

Abilities:

I'm going to go over his abilities one at a time, in the order that I feel they should go into.  I like most of the overall designs of the powers, but want to make a few changes/overhauls so that it fits what I feel is a good set-up.  As always, YMMV on this, as this is my personal opinion:

#1: Collapse

At first glance this is a combination of the Itzal's Blink and Cosmic Crush combined into a single ability.  Which isn't bad, but for a #1 power it's a lot.  Plus it combines some of the best parts of Ash's Teleport (which is a 3), and Mag's Pull.  So let's make this ability a bit more unique:

- First off, not a teleport.  It'll be a ground-based AoE, like Oberon's Hallowed Ground.  Only instead of a line, it'll be a round patch.  Also, instead of directly underneath Ax, this power works at range.

- Have it impair enemy movement, either a slow or a snare.  As it's ground-based, it doesn't effect things in the air.  Thi way it doesn't compete with Bastille or Snow Globe, which still being different.  Allies do not receive any benefit from standing in the patch.

- Corrosive damage over time, small chance of status proc.

- When duration ends, cause an explosion that does light-to-moderate damage and knocks enemies down.

With this, you create a means to halt or slow enemy movement, which gives Ax the time he needs to move into range and shred enemies apart with melee.  And it doesn't render other CC's obsolete.

#2: Outcaste

This ability confused me.  Ax feels like someone trying to get into melee range so he can swing his sword and end lives, so a panic button AoE knockback feels out of place on him.  Instead, let's make it something that not only can impair movement (more soft CC) but also provide further melee set-up for when Ax is closer to his foes, rather than with Collapse, where he's further out.

- First off, it'll be a 360 AoE Knock-towards.  So enemies hit will be flung off their feet and towards Ax instead of away.  This puts them well within range to attack, and gives allies a dense pack of things to shoot at.  Again, while not replacing similar powers.

- Because it's a 360, it'll have less range than pull.  The point is for Ax to fling himself into a pack of foes (even if they're spread out) and then yank them towards him so he can fillet them and serve them up in cutlets.

- Corrosive damage as usual, small chance of proc.

-Animation would involve him holding his arms out and then yanking them inward.  Could even create an inverse shockwave.  A ring of energy that gets drawn towards him, rather than thrown outward.

Again, this ability provides a means to engage foes in close quarters which is what Ax wants, while not competing with similar powers on other frames.

#3: Abyss

I like the idea of a "mode change" power, however, because this feels a lot like a poor man's Hysteria and Shatter Shield, which are a 4 and a 3 respectively, I shifted this power's position to fall more in line with those abilities.

- Like Hysteria, this power would create that Shadow Blade in Ax's hand, replacing whatever weapon he was currently using.  It'll use some percentage of his melee weapons base damage and crit chance/severity.  It'll do Slash and/or Corrosive damage though.

- Toggle rather than duration.  I always prefer toggles because they give players much more control over how a power is used and when to turn it on or off, preventing wasted energy if you pop it too soon or too late.

- Ax sacrifices ALL his shields, healing himself and gains a scaling attack speed buff as his health drops.

- Auto-parry is fine, but rather than a stamina restore on block, just give him a large passive bonus to stamina regeneration, like the Quick Rest mod.  A melee damage reflection effect (to contrast Mesa's ranged damage reflection) works fine as well.

- Possible lifesteal on physical attack

- Charge E would cause Ax to throw out a shockwave in front of himself doing a large amount of Corrosive damage, but at the cost of health.  Whether this attack is radial or a line can always be decided later.

So this mode turns Ax into a rip-roaring melee machine, at the cost of energy and health, fitting with the motiff, while not being a straight upgrade of either Hysteria or Shatter Shield.

#4: Spear of Judgement

I liked the idea of a "charged" ultimate, but suddenly swapping to a "light"-style attack after 3 attacks of "Dark" felt awkward, so while I like this power, I'm going to change how it operates some.

- On activation, Ax forms his wings, and the Spear.  The spear charges based on time.  Note, this does NOT mean you have to wait the whole duration for the Spear to be fully charged.  Only that the charge is proportional to the duration.  This means players modding for duration aren't penalized by having to wait longer for a full charge.

- Ax can swing the spear around.  It has a longer reach, wider sweeping combos, and higher base damage but attacks slower, and doesn't have the sort of crit chance/severity as the Shadow Blade.

- Spear does a combination Electric and Puncture damage, with a moderate-to-high chance for proccing the status effect.

- As the Spear charges, it receives a proportionate damage/attack speed buff, but never reaches the speed of the Shadow Blade.  Ax also receives a scaling armor buff and damage reduction based on the level of charge, but lowers his movement speed.

- If the duration runs out, or 4 is pressed anytime during the duration, Ax cancels all attacks and hurls the spear in the targeted direction, where it explodes in a wide radial blast.  Damage and range of the blast as usual, scales on charge.  If targets survive the blast, Ax gets a small heal-over-time based on how many enemies were hit and the charge of the spear, and if targets are killed, Ax receives an immediate heal, again, based on targets hit and spear charge.

- Explosion damage is Electric and procs at a 100% rate.

- The wings disappear after the Spear explode.

As a special note:  If Ax uses Spear while the Abyss mode is running, Ax does not get to swing the spear at all, he immediately throws it.  This is meant to balance the benefits of Abyss without overpowering Ax.  Also meant to show a dichotomy, that he cannot sustain his only "light" power when his "dark" mode is running.

In this manner, the Spear is a trade-off with Abyss.  He trades more range and damage and a high-damaging nuke, instead of the berserker-like properties of Abyss.  So you can choose to be even tankier than before, or sweep through your enemies like a man with a death wish.

Conclusion:

I like this frame, like it a lot.  I don't think we'll see it because technically we have a knight already, but the concept and artwork are great and I do hope DE at least gives this one a looksie.

This looks like a knight. This looks like a Warframe. It is PERFECT.

Not to mention I LOVE the dual light-dark theme, paladin-death knight almost.

ALTHOUGH, I almost feel like you could take this a step further... What if instead of Collapse his first ability switched him between a "light" and "dark" style? Paladin/Death Knight style?

Aside from differing buffs - "Paladin" could increase Status Chance or apply a protection aura or something, while "Death Knight" would increase his raw damage - this could also change how his abilities work.

So, instead of "his highest level and most powerful abilities are the holy/light abilities" and "his lower, less powerful and less costly abilities are his dark/chaos abilities" While you're in Light form his abilities are like you have here: ranged, focused on distance support and keeping enemies away. While in Dark form his abilities are melee-focused: raw power, raw damage, bringing enemies closer and smiting them with darkness.

Think of it like Mirages Eclipse taken to the extreme - only permanent after casting and with MUCH more game-altering results. Visually this could be represented by the Abyss/Spear of Judgement visual effects.

---

All that said, this still looks very good. I'm concerned that his second ability may be too Hysteria-like, adding in some numbers might make this more complete, and your English could use a touch of work (but, given that I'm guessing English isn't your first language it's still pretty good).

thanks a lot guys, thanks for all these feedbacks, will add them to the topic soon, and ya i think the 2nd and 4th skill should drain energy over time and can be turn off at any time. anyway, need to thank you guys again for all those time you put in to write these suggestions, they are really awesome :D

This should go strait to the Warframe developers its really AWSOME!

I give you a + 2 and take my platinum now, they should listen to this idea.

Awesome idea my friend upvoted.

Sick art bruh, love the abilities too

thanks guys, btw, more replys are needed

just checking out this thread :) how is it going man?

On a note in terms of design

he seems... too dark... can we see some colour schemes? or what he'd look like... and by the time DE going right now they're making frames more Unique but Obvious looking... like an extra enhancement of some sort... 

just checking out this thread :) how is it going man?

On a note in terms of design

he seems... too dark... can we see some colour schemes? or what he'd look like... and by the time DE going right now they're making frames more Unique but Obvious looking... like an extra enhancement of some sort... 

not looking good D: not getting enough replys to keep this up.

by too dark you mean the lighting is too dark? or the colors are too dark?

not looking good D: not getting enough replys to keep this up.

by too dark you mean the lighting is too dark? or the colors are too dark?

colours too dark... well its all black xD . And the design... does it have unique mechanics? E.g. Chroma and his pelt?

colours too dark... well its all black xD . And the design... does it have unique mechanics? E.g. Chroma and his pelt?

maybe i will do something like casting outcast or spear of jugement makes part of his armor flow off or something.just some effects on his looks 

I love this. auras and range for light. Damage and invulnerability for abyss.

I think the name of "Spear of Judgement" should be "Inquisition" so it could be the spear and the dark blade. Also the dark blade should be like a great sword and only be held with one hand and when you stand still you hold it over your shoulders. And i think the first ability should be callled cleanse to make you have holy powers and like a healing aura.  The second ability should be called corrupt and you make Ax have dark powers and a damaging aura to his enemies, and you can activate this during Inquisition to change the weapon from sword to spear at will.  The third ability changes depending on which side you are (dark and light) its called wrath and if dark is active it pulls enemies close and deals damage, and if light it pushes enemies away and does damage.

*re post*

Absolutely great job on the design!

Description are complete *I think so* on the frame that you are introducing, might I suggest something?

Okay, AXZAVIOR's first appearance is more look alike black version of frost. You also show the alternate version of the helmet and...

First option helmet looked like Ash on it's 2nd version.

Second optional helmet looked like Trinity's Meridian.

Third optional helmet looked like Volt Prime's helmet.

Forth optional helmet looked like Hydroid on it's 1st version and 2nd one looks like Assassin Creed's hood.

Oh, bytheway...

We all just received Chroma, so an elemental colored skill on AXZAVIOR might get tweaked by DE if this idea came to their minds.

Overall, it's cool, love it much and this is amazing in my opinion. :D

Sincere, reverb6.

The sad thing is that de will never use this idea so we will never get to use him :(

I thought some frames in the game are created by the ideas of the players. Remember Zephyr, she used to be he and DE put it in the game but with their reference view as to be a female Zephyr.

D:

*re post*

Absolutely great job on the design!

Description are complete *I think so* on the frame that you are introducing, might I suggest something?

Okay, AXZAVIOR's first appearance is more look alike black version of frost. You also show the alternate version of the helmet and...

First option helmet looked like Ash on it's 2nd version.

Second optional helmet looked like Trinity's Meridian.

Third optional helmet looked like Volt Prime's helmet.

Forth optional helmet looked like Hydroid on it's 1st version and 2nd one looks like Assassin Creed's hood.

Oh, bytheway...

We all just received Chroma, so an elemental colored skill on AXZAVIOR might get tweaked by DE if this idea came to their minds.

Overall, it's cool, love it much and this is amazing in my opinion. :D

Sincere, reverb6.

thanks for the comment man :D you're awesome :D

Artistically and thematically, Its a well designed frame. Practically, I see very little to distinguish between it and others as it uses combinations of abilities already there. Concept wise it's competing with Oberon, Excal and Nekros with borrowed abilities from Nyx, Zephyr and Nova.

Maybe it's just me but I can't see what will make me go - I need this frame(unlike chroma which for all its faults, is pretty unique in its mechanics, looks and game play).

Just my opinion however, so please disregard if it's not of any benefit to you.