Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vulkar Or Vectis?

Blackout751

Question

So yeah. I need a sniper rifle because I collect one of every kind of weapon and then make it super powerful. I'm in indecision about which one to use though, and I'm not much a fan of Lanka when if I want charged shots I'd use my bow. Take into account;

- Vulkar has 5 rounds whereas Vectis has 1.

- Vectis has higher damage, crit chance and status chance per shot.

- Vulkar has much higher burst damage.

- Vectis has much higher sustained damage.

- Vulkar will require 2 forma in opposition to Vectis' 1.

- I hate forma'ing.

Builds for each;

Vulkar - http://prntscr.com/6hh7jz

Vectis - http://prntscr.com/6hh7r5

24 answers to this question

Overall, I believe Vulkar wins. Most presented good points and the ones who didn't had their reasoning behind their choices, but technically I've already got a shoot-reload-shoot-reload weapon (AKA Vectis) in my bow. I may as well have a balance between my Latron Wraith and my bow, plus the zoom may be helpful.

EDIT: Sorry to be narcissistic and make myself the 'solved' post, but everyone had good points and I'm not going to say any one person was more perfect than another.

Edited by Blackout751

I would use Charged Chamber on Vectis and Lasting Purity instead of fast hands.

And I prefer Vulkar myself because of the firing sound and even though it has less crit and status chance it can actually get to comparable damage with the augment as Vectis can with Charged Chamber. (Vectis wins with Primed Chamber though)

Edited by Naftal

I have experience with both guns, and would remind you that the vulkar has a syndicate mod that increases damage dealt, but I believe that is 40% (while zoomed in) so charged chamber on the vectis would equal that.

Also, if you press 'R' to reload manually with the vectis, you can squeeze out a few milliseconds each round, firing more than allowing the game to do it for you.

Finally, as with any gun, you can put more forma in and get better results.  I did 4 forma into a vectis and was hitting 40k head shots easily.  This was pure damage though and I dropped metal auger out for another damage mod.

Good luck with your choices though, try them both and see which you like more.

I've always used Vectis and it's my go-to sniper rifle. As the others have said, no reason to keep Fast Hands. Hitting the reload button immediately right after firing each round reduces the reload time.

Also, if you press 'R' to reload manually with the vectis, you can squeeze out a few milliseconds each round, firing more than allowing the game to do it for you.

This is outdated information. I'm pretty sure this has been patched, making the reload speed just like any other gun.

This is outdated information. I'm pretty sure this has been patched, making the reload speed just like any other gun.

Nah I still use the Vectis regularly, you still are able to force the reload just after shooting the bullet instead of waiting for the animation to finish  before it automatically reloads.

Edited by Sol7kjr

I have experience with both guns, and would remind you that the vulkar has a syndicate mod that increases damage dealt, but I believe that is 40% (while zoomed in) so charged chamber on the vectis would equal that.

60% for Lasting Purity.  Plus, the main benefit of Lasting Purity is Purity.  What other sniper rifle will deal 1000 Corrosive damage to all enemies around you, heal 25% of your max health and temporarily increase your max health by 25% of base?  Syndicate weapons are silly.

If you can handle pressing reload after literally every shot, the Vectis will do you better (especially if you think sniper magnification is way too big).

I haven't used it in a while, but I believe the recoil for the Vectis is a bit higher than the Vulkar's. The Vulkar's recoil is small, nearly negligible. The recoil does help a lot in aiming at distant targets for those headshots or even close targets too.

Personally, I wish guns had more recoil, give them that oomph factor.

Vulkar has a syndicate mod out that increases damage while zoomed in by 60%. It's pretty nice; I like it. But I mainly use it for the syndicate explosion, I'm a sucker for that stuff. Vulkar's syndicate mod brings its base damage to 320, while Charged Chamber brings Vectis's to 315, so they're pretty neck-and-neck in terms of damage. Vulkar's stipulates that you need to zoom though to get that extra damage.

The Vectis's buffed reload makes it especially more appealing, as its theoretical fire rate would be 1.333 (1 round/s / 0.75 seconds/round), which is up from a fire-rate of 1, compared to the Vulkar's 1.5. The Vectis has a pretty similar fire-rate which is an advantage when factoring in the next point.

As well, you have to have a 3 second reload after every clip  (6 shots actually, your original post said 5) for the Vulkar which can be a very long time without interruption for most people.  However this 3s reload time is made up to 0.6 seconds shorter if you cancel the animation 3/4s of the way through, so it becomes much more manageable. The Vectis doesn't really have an "end of magazine" reload time, so basically what you lose in fire rate, you make up for in avoiding 2.4 - 3s of not firing.

The Vectis also has more status chance and crit chance than the Vulkar (why they gave the Vectis better status and left its crit alone, I will never know). Giving Vectis more status than the Vulkar kind of took a dump over the Vulkar's most appealing stat but that's neither here nor there.

I personally have the Vulkar as my most used weapon (due to being a massive hipster), but most will tell you that the Vectis offering distinctly better crit chance, status chance, higher damage, and lower zoom (easier to manage for most) will push the favor towards the Vectis.

However, the Vulkar has a large damage inclination towards Impact. When you build for status, it means that a very very large percentage of your shots will stagger (impact proc). This can be helpful in close quarters, where you fire off a body shot (when you can't aim for the head), then you can slide kick them, use an ability, or just buy time to fire a headshot (or zoomed shot if you use the syndicate mod).

If you really hate Formaing so much, that it's the most non-negotiable point in your post, then go Vectis. You can definitely find success with the Vulkar after all, but it will mean you spend an extra Forma for that V polarity.

If you want a sniper that has a lower magnification zoom, go Vectis.

If you don't mind pressing R after every shot for maximum efficiency, go Vectis.

If you prefer having the insurance of "extra" shots in the magazine with slightly higher fire rate, go Vulkar. (I say extra because I'd consider Vectis to have a continuous, 72-round magazine.)

If the prospect of many impact procs sounds appealing, go Vulkar.

Since you mentioned crit specifically, Vectis will have better crit chance. Especially if you want higher crit reliability in using Critical Delay, which a potential to bypass the negative effects.

The post looks long, but I tried to basically lay it all out there, yet not make it so long than every block of text would consist of more two to three sentences.

Edited by Otenko

Vectis with Primed Cham

and your Vectis build isn't viable 

Use forma, it's worth it.

-snip-

You expect me to put a maxed Heavy Caliber on a sniper rifle and buy Primed Chamber for it? And you think my Vectis build isn't viable?

I would use Charged Chamber on Vectis and Lasting Purity instead of fast hands.

And I prefer Vulkar myself because of the firing sound and even though it has less crit and status chance it can actually get to comparable damage with the augment as Vectis can with Charged Chamber. (Vectis wins with Primed Chamber though)

The problem I have here is that I'm with Red Veil and passively levelling Steel Meridian. Pretty much everyone hates me and New Loka dislikes me, plus I'm not much a fan of their ideology (though I may do it anyway to have 3 syndicates who appreciate me rather than 4 trying to murder me) - last of all, because I'm a fastidious moron I forbid myself from using other syndicate's augments. Your point about Charged Chamber is good and I forgot to put it on though.

If you want a sniper that has a lower magnification zoom, go Vectis.

If you don't mind pressing R after every shot for maximum efficiency, go Vectis.

If you prefer having the insurance of "extra" shots in the magazine with slightly higher fire rate, go Vulkar. (I say extra because I'd consider Vectis to have a continuous, 72-round magazine.)

If the prospect of many impact procs sounds appealing, go Vulkar.

Since you mentioned crit specifically, Vectis will have better crit chance. Especially if you want higher crit reliability in using Critical Delay, which a potential to bypass the negative effects.

You presented a lot of good points (but I cut the post down to the conclusion because it summarises) and in total, I think Vectis scores more points total - though others here that I may or may not have quoted also have good points. It's a controversial topic and your idea sums it up well, but I think I'll wait for more comments before I finish up and decide.

Only bring Vectis if you have Primed Chamber XD

Oh hey Raftox. Didn't expect to see you any time after Larunda.

Edited by Blackout751

Soo ,,, may i know what is my problem that makes you didn't expect to see me any time after Larundra ?

I wonder why Excalibur Prime sometimes produce "Hate" for some people :(

In a community this large, I doubt the chances of me seeing people I know ever again.

And don't worry, Excaliprime wasn't hated by us.

Overall, I believe Vulkar wins. Most presented good points and the ones who didn't had their reasoning behind their choices, but technically I've already got a shoot-reload-shoot-reload weapon (AKA Vectis) in my bow. I may as well have a balance between my Latron Wraith and my bow, plus the zoom may be helpful.

EDIT: Sorry to be narcissistic and make myself the 'solved' post, but everyone had good points and I'm not going to say any one person was more perfect than another.

The Vectis has a certain advantage over bows: specifically the massive zoom and it's track-scan.  Arrows have travel time and bows don't have a built-in zoom.  That said, you seem to have made your choice XD

Vectic is not really like a bow though.  Bow have charge up, their attacks have an arc, travel time is slow, and you have to content with charge up + reload.  The sacrifice you make in exchange for a fast charge up cuts heavily into the damage of the weapon.

They do more damage however due to the 134% critical on Paris Prime, 175% critical on Dread.

The only time Vectis can beat them in pure dmg is if you have Prime Chamber.  However you have to balance that with the fact you will miss a lot less with Vectis and you will consistently get more head shots - regardless of distance of enemy.

That being said, Vectis is good vs all 3 enemy types with its even spread of dmg, where Paris Prime is Puncture mainly, and Dread is slash. 

IIRC My dread is forma-ed 4 times, Paris prime is 3, Vectis is 4.

Edited by Karamethien