Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Any Other Tenno Play War Thunder?

GhostSwordsman

War Thunder. If you don't know what it is here.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking. THIS GUY. There's no way he plays anything else other than Warframe, I mean, just look at him.

Well, you're wrong. :P /sarcasm

This is usually my go to MMO when I'm getting a bit burnt out on Warframe(like I am currenlty). And I've picked up playing this again, quite a bit, while waiting for U16(and possibly 16.1/2/3/etc. or whenever they get the big bugs worked out).

But I've made this thread because I'm curious if anyone else also plays this game. Maybe also to see if I can find some other players that I could tag up with to play.

If you do play, what nation do you fly? Which tier are you currently in(highest)? Etc. etc.

I typically fly into arcade mode because it's just a bunch of nonstop action, and it's addicting getting into dogfights, diving in on unsuspecting fighters and bombers, and just generally trying to wreak someones plane.

But hey, let me know if you play too, my IGN is the same as it is in Warframe: GhostSwordsman. Looking forward to possibly flying with some fellow Tenno.

i played it and didn't continue, coz i liked world of tanks more...

I'd play WoT as well but the biggest turn off for me is the fact that I can't just get every tank in the game unless I buy slots unlike War Thunder, there's so many tanks I want to pick and play every now and then from all nations, yet I'm limited to a few slots only, no thanks.

Never played it, but every time I hear it I think of:

8e8.gif

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen anymore.

At least every wing to wing collision I've had has sent me straight back to the respawn screen.

I play war thunder, what? No I don't play the aircraft part, I love the tanks.

I haven't tried the ground forces yet. I do have a friend that plays and he really likes the tanks too.

I'm too addicted to the aircraft though. I love flying some of those planes into combat. Zero's, Spitfires, Thunderbolts, Mig 3-15's, I can never get enough of it. It's always such a rush when I shoot down other players, especially in the Spit's and Zero's, because those two planes can dogfight unlike anything else in the game.

Eh. I wasn't a fan.

It played a bit simulator-y and the combat didn't grab me.

I preferred Star Conflict until they started changing literally everything and making it feel weird.

Did you just try out arcade? And how long ago was it? Around build 1.37 or some number around that, they changed all the tiering for the planes and instead of 20 tiers there are now 5, which are still in need of balancing of course, but not the point.

One of the draws for a lot of War Thunder players is how simulator like it can be. I know I appreciate that the aircraft have limits to what they can do, even in arcade. I want to try the realistic battles mode, but I'd much rather have a joystick before trying that, so I just stick to arcade mode.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

I used to play War Thunder, but after a few updates to it, the performance of it began to tank (heh, puns) really badly, you see, my GPU is outdated...

So yeah, since War Thunder began to run like molasses uphill in winter, on crutches, i went back to Warframe, since DE are seemingly way more competent in optimizing their game so it runs smoothly... And honestly, i don' think War Thunder is graphically intensive enough to justify such poor performance, especially compared to the more hectic scenes in Warframe.

And please don't slam me with "omg get better gpu u idjit", i happen to be broke.

Edited by Evil_Brick