Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Using The Forma System To Make More Weapons Viable For End Game

weezedog

More weapons need to be viable for end game. Currently there are only a few that do enough damage to make them viable for end game. 

I'd like to see the forma system used as a way to also increase the base stats of weapons. So when you Forma a weapon not only do you get an extra polarity, but you also upgrade the weapon to a next level i.e. increased base damage, mag size, reload speed etc.

Each weapon would have an unique upgrade curve set by the devs. Weaker weapons would get a bigger jump in upgrade from Forma'ing them, while really strong late-game weapons get much less of an upgrade. The goal being that earlier game weapons can be brought up to the same level as later weapons, if you are willing to invest the time and effort. 

This way you can use whatever weapon you like. Because right now on a lot of the weapons, the base stats are just too low to make them viable regardless of how many polarity slots you give it, there's just not enough mods to make them viable. This results in most everyone using the same weapons (synoid gammacor, boltor prime). 

My 6 Forma Grinlok approves this idea.

Unfortunately you have to take into account what would happen to those 6 Forma Boltor Primes that are out there, unless each weapon has a different set of buffs that are applied to it to prevent monstrous overpowering. (As I see you've already suggested, my bad - Must learn to read properly.)

It'd take a fair bit of work to balance this, but I like the general concept.

Edited by 2old4gamez

Well, you actually use almost everything in endgame for a certain time. I mean 4-5 formaed versions. Braton Prime with 6 formas acts pretty daum good. 

My suggestion - try the weps out with different setups, its not their damage but their animation and general usability that matters. 

*ghm* or just stick to soma prime *ghm*

Well for starters, I mostly use my synapse/sybaris. Second, there was a time when I had your mentality about the Formas, now, I don't mind all the extra work I had to complete such as 6 forma'ing my two weapons mentioned earlier, there are so many mods that you can apply to your weapons that will make them strong without your proposal of making a weapons base stats higher after adding a forma to it. Try making builds on warframe builder and implement them into the game and see for yourself how strong these weapons are once modded right.

I like this idea very much.  I would really like to have a broader selection when going to a T4* or crazy tactical alert.  And yes I know I can use anything that I want but like the post says, there really are only a few weapons that will suffice against high level mobs.

I like the idea. Although there are a lot more endgame viable weapon than you think

Buzlok (high damage)

Phage

Quanta

Synapse

Latron Prime/Wraith

Hek

Braton Prime

S gammacor

Burston Prime

Boar Prime

Strun Wraith

Vaykor marelok

Akmangus

Vastos

Vectis

Grinlok

Sybaris

Opticor

Brakk

Detron/Mara

Lato (I S#&$ you not this thing is beast)

Paris Prime

Dread

Despair

Hikou Prime

Nukor

Stug

Orgis (somewhat)

Lanka/Scandal

Acrid

Angstrum

Rakta Ballistica

Castanas

Sycaris prime

Tyais

Lex prime

Aklex

Upgrading weapons is cool but considering that variety that is already provided in terms of endgame weapons I feel that its people's fault that they only use soma and boltor

I agree this concept generaly because this can help some on the earlier and mid level weapons but only if have limitation of base stat upgrades. Every stat can be improve and you could choose yor focus what parts do you want upgrade on your weapons for example : reached the level 30 formaing then the process ask you to choose one of them stats "now realoading" then you can begin the new levelling and your reaload speed improved. You could use this 5 times in a row or you can improve every part or just focusing one or two stats. 

I can imagine a five time formaed mk1 braton focusing on it's slash damage. What a bloody end game weapon.

PS : Also would be cool if after formaed weapons and frames given us mastery points when levelling them again. 10-20% of the first time.

Edited by Sziklamester

I think it would be interesting if you could spend a forma to either add a polarity slot or to alter the stat points.  Each weapon would be given an identical quantity of stat points which are spread out over the various stats available to produce unique weapons.

Each weapon class would have a unique quantity of total stat points that can be used.

This would allow players to really customize the base qualities of a weapon to better suit their needs.

If you prefer the weapon to be a status gun and not crit, then you can take all the crit points (leaving maybe 1 behind so it could still crit but be highly unlikely) and placing the rest of the points into Status Chance.  Imagine a Soma as a status gun instead of a crit weapon.

Lower the fire rate on a gun so you can increase the reload speed or magazine capacity.

If shifting the entire settings is too dramatic, perhaps it's a weighted system where you can alter slightly instead of having direct 100% pure control over where each stat point goes you get 10 points and 1 point is worth 5% of value so it might be that putting all stat points into 1 category may add a boost of 50% added to whatever you are assigning it to.

e.g.   weapon may have base x5  Crit DMG and you put all 10 stat points into crit dmg.  it would take 5% from all other spots where points are being removed and would result in a base x7.5 Crit DMG   (5 + (50% x 5))

something like that anyway

Edited by Jax_Cavalera

My idea is that the upgrades would be capped at no more than the number of mod slots, which is currently 8 i believe. No 30 forma'ing weapons. And I'd like to see it on a curve, where that the first formas gives the biggest increases and later ones give less. That way those that want to completely maximize their weapon can, but you can still get most of the benefit form 4-5 forma.

Edited by weezedog