Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rushing The Playerbase By Removing Content

Spindle99

So I'm a new player, been playing just over a month or so.

I was taking my time farming mods and looking forward to playing this game long-term.

I wanted to get frost since I started but I hadn't even unlocked the boss where you get the basic frost yet, which I was ok with.  As I say I was taking my time.

Now after you remove 3 items with a weeks notice I have the feeling that I'm on a timer, that I can't take my time and that I have to get everything fast which means I have to rush through everything.  The obvious idea is that with every patch you will take items away into the vault now and that anything in the game can be taken away with a weeks notice, since you haven't given an explanation why you're doing this or said otherwise.  Which is odd since you knew long ago you were going to do this.

Was this the idea behind this decision, to make your players rush to obtain everything fast? because to me it seems kinda dumb, it will lead to burnout and capping which leads to quitting.  When players have nothing left to aim for they have no reason left to play.

I was really enjoying the game but I got a sour taste in my mouth about it now, it's not that I'm against you doing stuff like this.  You really should communicate better why and if the things will be added back though.  The lack of communication, lack of notice and obvious attempt to make people buy plat to trade to get them is what has annoyed me.

It will not be removed. Megan, community manager, said it herself. While it will be going in this some sort of vault, it will be accesible...it doesn't mean that it will be lost forever. And it will be tradeable...

i gotta agree on the rush feel tho , same thing with void trader, you feel like you MUST be online at a certain time, wich is hard if you have a life to live and play warframe for fun :), wich means gettng punished for not playing no life nonstop etc, so he has a point there a good one too, communication should improve, and id also LIKE IT if they would announce what the void trader has instead of making me wait 2 weeks , stand there for 3 hours before he appears and finding out i have everything already he has to offer, communication 2.0 plz

i gotta agree on the rush feel tho , same thing with void trader, you feel like you MUST be online at a certain time, wich is hard if you have a life to live and play warframe for fun :), wich means gettng punished for not playing no life nonstop etc, so he has a point there a good one too, communication should improve, and id also LIKE IT if they would announce what the void trader has instead of making me wait 2 weeks , stand there for 3 hours before he appears and finding out i have everything already he has to offer, communication 2.0 plz

But to be honest, its a little different with the void trader, his stuff is definitely not mandatory and especially not for beginners. Also visiting him and getting suprised is half of the fun (for me anyway) :)

Also why are you wainting 3 hours for him, dont you own a watch? xD

It will not be removed. Megan, community manager, said it herself. While it will be going in this some sort of vault, it will be accesible...it doesn't mean that it will be lost forever. And it will be tradeable...

although they will come back .. we dont know when .. you could say the same about ether daggers, like they came back, after a year or so

The vaulting of frost prime will coincide with the release of volt prime. They release a new prime every 3 months, so there's not much panic to be had. Each prime set is generally 3 items--a frame and 2 pieces of gear. So it's no big rush.

Also, arcane helmets were removed from the game almost a year ago, and yet, can still be purchased. They were somewhat harder to acquire than the prime parts(being as you have to wait for the exact alert you wanted), but they're still in decent supply, and relatively cheap.

Considering DE specifically said they *vaulted* the items, and "vaulted" items do get re-released from time to time, these shouldn't even be as expensive as arcane helms. The only big driver of price is that there's likely very few that were on players before the announcement, but some players have thousands of void keys stockpiled, so this shouldn't be *too much* of a problem.

They didn't say they would keep doing that. I understand your frustration to an extentt but nobody's forcing you to rush content. If you wanna take your time, you're bound to sometimes miss some exclusive gear but that shouldn't really transform your experience. And do you know you don't have to buy plats to get them ? There is huge plat market and those events are also a great way for new players to create a bank.  

Oh, and you can still unlock frost. He's on Ceres, waiting for you, I assure you. Frost Prime is on vacations but he'll be back with absolutely no effect to you. If anything, get the Latron P.