Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hanzo Hattori Weeky #5

Hanzo29

Okay I believe you , because without Life strike, I usually make it to 40 minutes T4 no trouble with my D. Ninkana (if I don't crash that is). Dual Cleavers? Never would have thought of that. BUt a better way to show you didn't use your Abilities would be to scroll down a little to the "abilities used" section. That would quash the opposition real quick.

Anyway, I expected more this post but I still wasn't disappointed. Keep em' comin!!!

i was taking this seriously 

sure. just next time be more specific. for example:

"it is possible to win 30 minutes of T4Survival without CC" - and we will be cool. i will believe you. because this noob can solo T4S for 20 minutes just fine.

but if you generalize as you did in OP, i will laugh at your face.

While I agree with your original opinion Hanzi, running 30 min t4s and 20 waves odd melee only doesn't prove anything. I can solo odd melee only till wave 30, but after that 1 shot kill mechanic comes in.

I can solo t4s until 30 min melee only, but it's 35-40 that becomes a nightmare because 1hit ko. You conveniently avoided both scenarios. Press 4 to win with cc isn't the only way but it's hard as hell doing 1 hours t4s running and gunning.

I have 50 t4s keys and have been farming frost p systems for two days now for obvious reasons. I do runs with randoms and sometimes we go cheap tactics, sometimes I run and gun. No one ever dies with cc p4tw, people die dozens of times running and gunning. 35 min, bombards instantly kill my banshee, and two hit kill my mag. 1 hit for nekros and qt won't save you. The differences in difficulty is enormous depending on how you choose to play.

That is a fact.

the rants you are highlighting arent correctly focused, the base of these complains are about this game being more efficiently grinded by spammimg radial nukes and cc, you can "win" with only melee, but if you go mag greedy pull + any cc+nuke combo you will gain more credits, resources, affinity and reputation, sword alone should be as profitable as p42w (as its usually called)

the depth of this discussion should reach whats the point of having a action gameplay when the most efficient way to rank up doesnt require that, the current answer is "because it is fun", and yes, it is fun, but becomes trivial too in lategame, it shouldnt be trivial

also, imho, enemies should not scale that higher in their own numbers, they should have a limit of power, and bring new units for higher difficulty, bring with them new technology, minibosses, giant enemies that deserve being bullet sponges, make some improved IA for higher levels, and actually reduce the number of enemy spawn, but bring higher quality foes technologically speaking, currently we have bombards and nullifiers to bring some technological degree of difficulty after certain level, we need more things like that

LOL an interesting point. i think the original challenger was along the lines, difficulty versus fun. but yours is simply another reason yes.

yes, but again you're assuming that we only play to level things up not to have fun and challenge yourself as some players do. one of the things i think some of us need to except is that crowd control basically is a staple of this game. sort of like dynasty warriors i guess. most of your game play is you, or a squad against hordes of enemies. that's pretty inescapable.

my response to this challenge was simply to say. look you can use different options. they're not the most efficient. they're not the best. but they can be more fun and more challenging. just attempting this has led me to know ways of playing and modding. of course at high level, melee only is going to be difficult. i think we all know that at high level past 40 min, into like 50 -60 most offensive powers don't work to well any more and you rely  on technical functions like CC.  but there has to be a fail point somewhere right? if there wasn't everyone would be complaining about how easy the game is. I mean where and how does it end.

but i do agree with you. new enemy types are good "they do that to some extent" mini boses "we have Vor now in T4" but id like to see the grustag, stalkers and other get in on that. maybe a better way to farm for those parts. have to stay in for 45 min or something. there's your challenge.

Okay I believe you , because without Life strike, I usually make it to 40 minutes T4 no trouble with my D. Ninkana (if I don't crash that is). Dual Cleavers? Never would have thought of that. BUt a better way to show you didn't use your Abilities would be to scroll down a little to the "abilities used" section. That would quash the opposition real quick.

Anyway, I expected more this post but I still wasn't disappointed. Keep em' comin!!!

RIGHT! thanks. we we tried this. it works pretty well with the set up i was running. "Valkyr and cleavers". at just about the 40 mark it gets pretty crazy cause everything drops your shields to 0 with near one hit. i can raises my health back up to full pretty quickly but they can take it back down just as fast.

Cleavers work cause they Crit, if you run berserker they're fast. with the new aura mod they can cause all kinds of havok and keep you alive. the only trade off is the range. Bellum has been running Rhino/Galatine and doing better than me. Lots of range and the new stance allows you to move better. but hes run into this weird problem where he cant hit the weak spot on Vor, im guessing a combination of Rhinos hight and that low waist level weak point on Vor.

I dunno i want to say in squad we can do it. but this recent guy said SOLO, meh, i'm still trying it though. my closes run so far was 38min. but i think i can get it by next week.