The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Feel Like Concepts Were Better Than The In-Game Models?

SafeguardSanakan

No, both of those concepts were nice, but definitely NOT groundbreaking in any way. I prefer DE's work because it's unique and fits the notion of a Void-twisted warrior-god. As for the Chroma, the design is obviously inspired by a certain other Chroma from nearly a decade ago...

The fan concepts don't look like warframes they look like they could be from any generic fiction out their, I could see them both being in something like skyrim but they would just be out of place in warframe were as the in game frames look like warframes they follow the theme and don't look out of place standing next to other warframes.

You may say that nobody appreciates DE but when you think about it, this sort of thread is exactly how DE finds out about what the community that plays their game likes and dislikes. So although we are complaining and stating our opinions we do this because we have respect for DE and don't want to lose that respect.

Put there's a difference between critiquing the model (I.E.  "Well I think the model could use some touching up in these regions, armor also clips oddly here.") and just spouting opinions in an unproductive way (I.E. "THIS SUCKS!"). Most of the discussions I've seen have taken the form of the latter rather than the former.

Edited by Basilisk1991

It's the exact same reason that some people believe the game is "going in the wrong direction" since closed beta.

These concepts, and the closed beta, no matter how detailed are sort of foundations and subject to ones imagination to complete until they are actually realised.

No matter how good the end product, some people will have always envisioned their version slightly differently and then seeing it as a letdown.

there are humans in the armory called warframes, does this answer any possible ideas and speculations, think deeper, how would you feel wearing a warframe ?

i dont wanna be mutated into a being which runs on 4 legs or miss a leg or have 3 of them =))))))))))))

we are tennos =))) (even groot has 2 legs and 2 arms =) )

I really don't care for the fan art concepts of either of them.  That fan art Zephyr looks too much like Nyx, imo, and the Chroma fan art simply looks like a Rhino with spike all over him.  I like the in-game Zephyr, and I like the uniqueness of the Chroma frame that's coming out.  I compare the feelings people are having to reading an awesome book...and then then movie comes out, and you're psyched for it, but it ends up being completely underwhelming because it doesn't match up to what your imagination conjured up as you read the book.  Doesn't make the movie bad, though.

Edited by (PS4)resnor

I do like the Zephyr we have at the moment but I'm not a big fan of the textures or the overall model. I still prefer the original fan art concept. It would've been interesting to see their spin on it if they kept closer to the original concept. Ah well.

Edited by Naith

No. I think zephyr looks nicer now than that green pointy thing.

Current zephyr looks more like a futuristic stylized frame made for battle.

And I like Chroma because he looks functional, but also unique. Y'all just want a generic spiky dude with a dragon head.

Never mind that that's the design for practically every dragon-themed armour ever.

This 100%

That and what the hell is a dragon frame? I really no understand. Why not an orca frame or alligator? I love warframe but when I hear dragon frame I hear jump the shark frame.

Again, I gave an opinion. I don't know why that's so difficult to understand.

If you gave an opinion you should expect people to have an opinion about your opinion. Don't cringe and ball up when people do the same thing you're doing but to you.