Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Attack On Titan Movie Trailer ( For Reals)

Deidaku

Isn't this the one whose teaser posters were dotted with stock Photoshop lens flares and featured Hange toting a rocket launcher in front of what appeared to be a destroyed multilevel parking lot?

EDIT: Yep, found it. Everything about this poster makes me want to vomit.

Satomi-Ishihara-attack-titan-Hange-Zo--.

The trailer looks alright so far, but I'm terrified at how the movie is likely to turn out. I'm gonna keep my expectations incredibly low for this film, because I never again want to be as disappointed by a movie as I was with "The Last Airbender".

Edited by SortaRandom

Japan is suppose to be the tech capital of the planet, right? Then why do they CGI look like total crap. It's like half a step-up from what you would see on SyFy

Excuse me

i'm sorry but the colossal titan does not look like crap

If anything it's the most impressive thing in this trailer....>_>

Isn't this the one whose teaser posters were dotted with stock Photoshop lens flares and featured Hange toting a rocket launcher in front of what appeared to be a destroyed multilevel parking lot?

EDIT: Yep, found it. Everything about this poster makes me want to vomit.

Satomi-Ishihara-attack-titan-Hange-Zo--.

The trailer looks alright so far, but I'm terrified at how the movie is likely to turn out. I'm gonna keep my expectations incredibly low for this film, because I never again want to be as disappointed by a movie as I was with "The Last Airbender".

That was a major fail that they never followed up properly. >.> they also ruined death note too. When will they ever learn that anime needs to stay anime. :S watching real people do it looks like a pathetic attempt at cosplaying what happens in the anime. Then again thats just my opinion

That was a major fail that they never followed up properly. >.> they also ruined death note too. When will they ever learn that anime needs to stay anime. :S watching real people do it looks like a pathetic attempt at cosplaying what happens in the anime. Then again thats just my opinion

The Death Note movie was bad? I haven't read Death Note before or seen the movie or any of the anime, but I recall hearing that Death Note's live-action movie turned out pretty well. My memory might just be fading, though.

But yeah, regarding AoT, I'm not sure why a movie was necessary in the first place. We've already got the first ~30 chapters of the manga, the first season of the anime, the two upcoming anime recap movies, and now this thing all telling what's more or less the exact same story. I mean, sticking to source material is definitely better than having third parties make their own series of events occurring in the same universe and passing off as "canon" for the sake of appeasing fans impatient for more material (e.g. the whole "Attack on Titan: Before the Fall" fiasco, or pretty much any filler arc in any anime ever), but come on, we've seen Trost destroyed and recaptured enough times already.

This movie seems like nothing more than a cash grab taking advantage of all the AoT hype. It's unnecessary, and pretty much doomed to fail since there's no way it's going to be able to tell the story better than the manga or anime without a god-tier level of directing that it most certainly does not have.

Edited by SortaRandom

Japan is suppose to be the tech capital of the planet, right? Then why do they CGI look like total crap. It's like half a step-up from what you would see on SyFy

I think they are good at mass producing anime, games, etc, but they don't seem to care much about stretching the limits of visual quality, on the other hand Hollywood blockbusters are always spending millions over millions on the latest technology for their special effects, it's probably that contrast what makes Japanese cgi look like so bad, and yea i agree with you, it looks really syfy-ish. 

Same can be said of games, take for example Dark souls 2 on of the most popular Japanese games of last year, it's quite good at game mechanics, but it's graphics are not that great, on the other hand, big AAA games in Occident always try to make hair look real and dust look like dust etc etc.

I think they are good at mass producing anime, games, etc, but they don't seem to care much about stretching the limits of visual quality, on the other hand Hollywood blockbusters are always spending millions over millions on the latest technology for their special effects, it's probably that contrast what makes Japanese cgi look like so bad, and yea i agree with you, it looks really syfy-ish. 

Same can be said of games, take for example Dark souls 2 on of the most popular Japanese games of last year, it's quite good at game mechanics, but it's graphics are not that great, on the other hand, big AAA games in Occident always try to make hair look real and dust look like dust etc etc.

FF XV is gonna break the japanese mold so hard

open world action RPG wiht super realistic graphics x)