Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Needs A Buff

Tyreuzs

Excuse my fellow Tenno...

what they are trying to say is that currently Nova is in a pretty good spot and doesnt really need to be touched. What you should think of is new ways to use her, or a different mod set-up. As of right now Nova is still a top tier frame, and I can easily use her in T4's without dying. Just try to change up you plan of attack a bit.

If you need help in that department feel free to ask, we have a lot of Nova lovers who have found many ways to trash the opposition in a delightful gore splattering way.

Refreshing to see some temperance, instead of the usual flame toward somebody that just needs some help.

M-prime's expansion rate is affected by duration, isn't it? More duration makes it faster?

No, it is not, the speed is 5m/s no matter what, not affected buy any mods. The range of the wave is affected by duration.

Edited by nmuaddib

It sounds like you aren't playing Nova right. Nova's squishy with no defensive power, so she has to keep moving. Fortunately, she can cast M-prime in midair to facilitate this.

Also, if you're having trouble, the AMD augment is actually very amazing for defending Nova. It'll make the bubble suck up all those highly damaging enemy shots heading towards you.

But no, I don't think Nova needs a buff at all. She's fine as she is.

M-prime's expansion rate is affected by duration, isn't it? More duration makes it faster?

Naw, more duration for nova basically means range (atleast for M-Prime)

Gah ninja'd

Edited by protomanex14

Refreshing to see some temperance, instead of the usual flame toward somebody that just needs some help.

Fair point.

We might be too used to trashing each others after so long. It's standard in many situations now.

Finally a answer that isnt about flaming about my opinion. But the range is only 6m isnt it?

Thing is, you didn't say "I think", or "IMHO". You just said "Nova needs a buff, her augments suck" , which is really not true. So of course people (me included) went "wuuuuuut" on you for it. You can't really blame only others with the way you brought up the subject.^^'

Solution to this problem: ask someone to bring Limbo and banish you.

Your powers work when banished. Molecular Prime can then be cast in a large cluster of enemies. You however will not die, unlike them.

Nova needs no tweaks whatsoever, upwards nor downwards.

These replies are quite shocking, talked to OP ingame and he simply had trouble building nova.

He requested a build so here you go man!

sVk8VrC.jpg?1

Narrow minded can definetly be maxed out for it if you just need CC but i find this amount of range just enough.

Fast expanding M prime could be an augment.... But in all seriousness, Nova is one of the most powerful frames in the game. She can unconditionally double the damage any enemy takes, and her only real downside is that she is a glass cannon with no immediate CC. That's what you get when you play nova, no buffs/nerfs needed.

I thought alreadey about it.. But the range is only 6m isnt it?

Only? Bro i used it with narrow minded which makes its range be 2m, and it's still enough, you gotta try things before complaining on the forums and asking for buffs, and only when you have tried everything at your disposal, can you come here and say something needs balance, i don't mean offense, just a tip.

That was the case with many warframes that have been buffed, nekros, oberon, banshee, ember (which kinda still needs some love), mag (new crush in the works), volt ( when shield was buffed) and so on...

These replies are quite shocking, talked to OP ingame and he simply had trouble building nova.

He requested a build so here you go man!

sVk8VrC.jpg?1

Narrow minded can definetly be maxed out for it if you just need CC but i find this amount of range just enough.

Molecular Prime needs a remake.  The slow version makes missions mind-numbingly boring -- I refuse to do missions with them.

No buff, no nerf, we are just fine. MP can be tweaked/tuned, it is more than we get for many other abilities. Nova is in a good place.

Molecular Prime needs a remake.  The slow version makes missions mind-numbingly boring -- I refuse to do missions with them.

Agreed! the only problem with nova is that. It needs a slow cap change to like 30%, default i dunno something like 10%. it's already a great move without the slow effect.

I love me some Nova, mostly because she is the frame that needs the least balancing.  If anything a nice little "passive" AOE boost to anti matter drop, something like Banshee's sonic boom upon casting to clear a second or two to pump your bubble full off lead...But then we are talking a WELL OP Nova...

Agreed! the only problem with nova is that. It needs a slow cap change to like 30%, default i dunno something like 10%. it's already a great move without the slow effect.

Every time I join a party, I tell I have a Slow if it is 75% cap slow, and Speed if it is -30% cap Overextended. I ask if the team is ok with it, so nobody gets "annoyed" by my 4. I even decide to stop using it by myself on the fly, if things are dragging too much, or got too speed hairy, people have told me I've made good calls.

If you think it is too slow, talk to your team, play solo, tweak it to a perfect neutral. But don't ask DE to take us the option to do it anyway we like, by nerfing her.

Nova could use some tweaks. As-is, she's a one-trick pony, where her 3 sees occasional use, but I've never seen her 1/2 in action. Some utility added to those would make her less jealous of Ember, who is seriously underrated despite being one of the best CC frames right now, as is my opinion.

I have always been an huge fan of Nova. I really like all of her abilities but when it comes to defense i catch myself sadly way to often to buy revives. For example in T4 missions i cant even cast my ultimate because the enemies need only 1-2 seconds until they have shot me down.

My suggestion would be to buff some of her stats or add an usefull augment which makes her based on skill less vulnerable.

Nova is in an extremely good place right now. That last Nerf was just enough to keep her from being too OP in mid level play, but still wreck face when done correctly. She is one of the few frames right now that i feel is in very good balance.

For casting your ult in Defense, you have to know how to do it correctly. You can front flip and immediately press the button and you will take far less damage while in the air, so that when you land in the middle of a group, your Ult has went off, and everyone is slowed enough that you can either pull out a good weapon and kill them all very quickly, or leap out again and let your team kill them. Also, take cover just before you cast, It may not be the most effective positioning for the ult, but its safer in the end. Also something that works is to Slide toward a corner, and Ult while sliding, that way you are moving and your ult goes off right after you get around the corner. Just experiment on lower levels without any shield/health mod at all, that way you have a better idea of what higher level enemies will do.

As for an Augment, Antimatter Absorb is probably one of the most useful Augments in existence. It lets a Nova cast defensively for once. Bombard about to s'plode your face? Launch an Antimatter Absorb and watch him kill himself with that OP Ogris. Works the same way with Napalms. In fact, even facing a firing squad, a well played Nova with Antimatter Absorb wouldn't even be scratched.