Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp 2.0 - Just As I Expected. (Something Good And Bad)

Aure7

4 golden rhinos vs 3 golden rhinos and me.

And it's a copter fest.

"BUT HEY COPTER IS EMERGENT GAMEPLAY IT IS SO FUN BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN IN THE HISTORY OF GAMING ITS SO COOL"

I'v seen this thing about rhinos posted several times now, hopefully we will make an impact on developers. Rhino is clearly the leader not because of numbers, but because of these disgusting leftover exploits which are shoved deeper and deeper into the game instead of fun, balanced and varied movement.

Everyone does the same, because spamming copter to get somewhere is just flat out better, more efficient and faster than any other method of traversal. 

I've been rambling about all of that for 1 and a half years. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/119650-parkour-has-been-ignored-for-too-long-and-the-current-directional-melee-is-killing-it-even-further/

Looks like we are finally getting something, but it will simply have more fancy and clunky ways to do some moves but the problem will persist.

Ninjas will swing their weapons to move free, and that's the only thing everyone will do all the time without any other fun mechanics. Instead of that, people should be encouraged to manage their stamina for when they will need to chase something, pick best moment to slide, to jump. Best spot to vault and best spot to land on.

The lore, art and every single little thing about new conclaves outside of actual gameplay is beautiful. But the true problem is overshadowing all of that.

Coptering is a problem because of the dmg it does.

Fast movement is good, but instakill with the same move isn't.

Coptering in CTF mode is no good at all.

Your enemy carries your cephalon, he copters away. While this prevents him from shooting, he doesn't really need to because he moves fast enough to be hard to be aimed at. Your only option is to give chase with coptering and hopefully not fall off his trail, I wouldn't even hope to catch up for long enough to take aim and shoot. Now you're both unable to shoot, but only one of you doesn't really need to fire his gun.

I'm not even talking about coptering rendering clever parkour-oriented level design completely irrelevant, which is sad enough. This S#&$ simply isn't balanced for PVP.

Coptering in CTF mode is no good at all.

Your enemy carries your cephalon, he copters away. While this prevents him from shooting, he doesn't really need to because he moves fast enough to be hard to be aimed at. Your only option is to give chase with coptering and hopefully not fall off his trail, I wouldn't even hope to catch up for long enough to take aim and shoot. Now you're both unable to shoot, but only one of you doesn't really need to fire his gun.

I'm not even talking about coptering rendering clever parkour-oriented level design completely irrelevant, which is sad enough. This S#&$ simply isn't balanced for PVP.

What if we remove coptering?

Everyone is running around and still isn't able to kill his opponent. :D

Why?

You are not able to shoot while running like while coptering and you are not able to kill your opponent fast enough, if you hit him.

The real issues of PvP are now:

- Ranged weapons deal not enough dmg

- Coptering does too much dmg

- It is too easy to catch the Cephalon (just click X to take him; you can't protect the Cephalon!)

- Abilities are too powerfull

Speed isn't the problem at all, if both sides have this speed.

Edited by Feyangol

What if we remove coptering?

Everyone is running around and still isn't able to kill his opponent. :D

Why?

You are not able to shoot while running like while coptering and you are not able to kill your opponent fast enough, if you hit him.

The real issues of PvP are now:

- Ranged weapons deal not enough dmg (1)

- Coptering does too much dmg

- It is too easy to catch the Cephalon (just click X to take him; you can't protect the Cephalon!) (2)

- Abilities are too powerfull

1. While this is definitely an issue, I like the fact that melee weapons are this much better.

2. Last time I checked, in most CTF gamemodes, all you have to do is stand over it and pick it up in arena-based shooters like this game-mode. If you want to protect it, have a player or two designated for protection. It would take too long if you had to spend, like, four seconds standing there to pick up a flag for one point each time.

Edited by Kashiki

The problem is lack of fun and varied gameplay.

Everyone spamming weird looking MELEE ATTACK maneuver to fly constantly is booring. Speed is a cool thing, so better parkour and better sprint speeds would definitively do good for pvp, but copter and air melee are just ugly and repetitive for bringing speed into pvp.

The problem is lack of fun and varied gameplay.

Everyone spamming weird looking MELEE ATTACK maneuver to fly constantly is booring. Speed is a cool thing, so better parkour and better sprint speeds would definitively do good for pvp, but copter and air melee are just ugly and repetitive for bringing speed into pvp.

The map design is the fault here. It encourages to rush and not to do a combination of old-style-parkour and melee movement.

The old Europe-Conclave map is the perfect example of what it could look like, but we have only 3 floors without any possibility to jump from to wall. We have a only-rushing-Conclave and I don't like by myself, even if I am a defender of coptering and air melee.

Edited by Feyangol

Instead of that, people should be encouraged to manage their stamina for when they will need to chase something, pick best moment to slide, to jump. Best spot to vault and best spot to land on.

i absolutelly agree with this, the hearth of positioning should be Stamina, not air-melee or coptering, these mechanics are killing all the tactics schemed into the new pvp maps

The map design is the fault here. It encourages to rush and not to do a combination of old-style-parkour and melee movement.

imo, it isnt the map encouraging rushing, its simply air melee and coptering(AM&C) giving the players the option to ignore the map and fly around like always, if people attempts to rush without AM&C they will get stuck in a open area, dry of stamina, without mobility to get cover from gunfire

Edited by rockscl

• 1 month later...

Why people say Coptering deal Damage?

Because that was said before the spin attack damage nerf, and you just resurrected a topic from a long time ago, and now trying to distort what was posted, to make it seem like you were right all along.

Edited by RexSol

Because that was said before the spin attack damage nerf, and you just resurrected a topic from a long time ago, and now trying to distort what was posted, to make it seem like you were right all along.

Ow sorry if that is not what u like, i find this and i ask a question whats the problem lol?

Ow sorry if that is not what u like, i find this and i ask a question whats the problem lol?

The problem is that you resurrected a old topic talking about the OP Spin Attack and now you are asking ''why people say coptering deal damage'' as if this was a recent discussing when in fact, no one is making that claim anymore.

The problem is that you resurrected a old topic talking about the OP Spin Attack and now you are asking ''why people say coptering deal damage'' as if this was a recent discussing when in fact, no one is making that claim anymore.

Im asking a simple question... nothing more.

and thank you, now i see when this topic was created, but are not a problem for you.