Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Enhancements Can Be Worthwile

Arcane enhancements, being able to be stacked x10, at max allows x4 the base effect.

So with arcane guardian when damaged, you have a 20% chance to have a 60% armor increase for 20 seconds.

With arcane nullifier, you have a 40% chance to resist a magnetic proc.

These are only the ones that caught my eye, but I'm sure others could also be good with a quadrupled effect.

Yes, it will be ridiculously hard to acquire 10 of the same type, but it gives something to do for the veteran players, and gives a huge payload for a passive effect.

Edited by (PS4)xxACForeverxx

Arcane enhancements, being able to be stacked x10, at max allows x4 the base effect.

So with arcane (?) when damaged, you have a 20% chance to have a 60% armor increase for 20 seconds.

These are only the ones that caught my eye, but I'm sure others could also be good with a quadrupled effect.

Yes, it will be ridiculously hard to acquire 10 of the same type, but it gives something to do for the veteran players, and gives a huge payload for a passive effect.

It would cost 5 million credits and Tzeentch-knows-how-many raid runs. At that point, the player in question is likely skilled and geared enough to not even need the arcane enchantment.

Yeah. People are quick to dismiss them, but they're supposed to be for endgame, and people don't seem to realize that endgame is just that. endgame. Not for mastery rank 5 or 6 players but mastery rank 16 and up pretty much. That being said because of things like viver and e-gate mastery is equal to dirt. You don't know who's exploited these things to level fast and who hasn't.  

But yeah, stacking those effects up can lead to some pretty cool things. I personally want the guardian one for chroma, but that's me. The others can be pretty sweet as well. Someone's talked about how the finisher one basically allows for perma invis for ash which is also nice. But yenno, that's just me veteran player that I am. What do I know?

It would cost 5 million credits and Tzeentch-knows-how-many raid runs. At that point, the player in question is likely skilled and geared enough to not even need the arcane enchantment.

Yet people grind hours to get ducats, and r5 fusion cores to max prime mods that make them only slightly stronger, it may not be for everyone as prime mods are not for me, but for those that put in the time there is use for the enhancements, which everyone has been saying are horrible rewards.

I would argue that if you are good enough to get through the raid once you are already skilled and geared enough not to need the enhancement.

Yet people grind hours to get ducats, and r5 fusion cores to max prime mods that make them only slightly stronger, it may not be for everyone as prime mods are not for me, but for those that put in the time there is use for the enhancements, which everyone has been saying are horrible rewards.

I've never actually need to grind for ducats.  I've got plenty as a by-product of hunting other prime parts that I needed.  I also don't worry too much about trying to level them.  Taking them to 6 is enough for me to justify owning and using it as it is then better than the R5 version and so far I've been able to take all the ones I use to 8.  Taking them to 9 or 10 is a very long term goal and not really worth it when I could use the same cores level a different mod from 0 to 8.

Edited by Katinka

So with arcane guardian when damaged, you have a 20% chance to have a 60% armor increase for 20 seconds.

Do we have confirmation if it actually stacks like that?

The base for arcane guardian is 5% chance for 15% armor increase for 5 seconds.

I would personally assume that ONE of those above variables would increase due to stacking, but not ALL of them.

I would argue that if you are good enough to get through the raid once you are already skilled and geared enough not to need the enhancement.

This, mostly.

The only ones that are useful, are the ones that DE's horribly bad game balance don't have other ways of negating. Such as weaker frames being Slash Proc'd causing you to gain TONS of armor on weaker frames.

You can't negate slash procs, but you CAN use them to reduce other damage. (This is on top of normal hits causing you to gain armor, thus, reducing normal hit's damage.)

Then there's the Rifle one, for more damage on headshot. Also the melee hit adds attack speed.

Everything else seems useless, or badly designed. 

Edited by ShadesofWhites

Challenge?  Prestige?  To be able to say you have and to see it for yourself?  Pretty much every reason a mountaineer would give for climbing Everest?

I did the level 140 enemies event just to say I did.

I'm not killing level 80's while doing some stupid puzzles to say I did.

I'll likely wait on some player drop tables before doing this. If the two, or three useful ones aren't on the higher end of the drop tables, I might do raids until I complete one, and completely stop.

Edited by ShadesofWhites

I tried doing a raid, no words can explain how boring it was. "Trying something new" isn't a good argument if the new thing isn't worth trying.

Ill do it once, just for the sake of doing. Rewards dont interest me at all, as they are not worth the hassle.

Pointless argument - by this logic all veterans could just quite the game since they are obviously good enough to do any content in the game.

I would assume rather that most people like to play the game to a degree and are happy if their is some goal to work towards even if they strictly speaking don´t need the reward. Maybe the work is too much or the reward too small for some people but this will be always the case with end game - question is just if enough people are happy with it.

I've been saying all along that higher tier rewards such as primes, mods and now arcane enhancements should be cosmetic in nature only. But hey let's keep up this idiotic system of power creep and arguing whether or not the item of the day is worth the power boost to get. But then again, with this community we're still be arguing over which shade of red is "best".

*cough cough*

Raid also has a cooldown 24 hour before u can get reward from raid again 

So basicly if u lucky u might get 10 stack able in 10 day! but if u not well god know how long before we can max one stack

MDepmWg.jpg

Edited by VioletX

Praise the lord of change, maybe he will make RNGesus rain us rare's this week

Yeah. People are quick to dismiss them, but they're supposed to be for endgame, and people don't seem to realize that endgame is just that. endgame. Not for mastery rank 5 or 6 players but mastery rank 16 and up pretty much. That being said because of things like viver and e-gate mastery is equal to dirt. You don't know who's exploited these things to level fast and who hasn't.  

But yeah, stacking those effects up can lead to some pretty cool things. I personally want the guardian one for chroma, but that's me. The others can be pretty sweet as well. Someone's talked about how the finisher one basically allows for perma invis for ash which is also nice. But yenno, that's just me veteran player that I am. What do I know?

But, but, I'm rank 10 and I do endgame. =(

Ill be doing it just to min/max my frames of choice once i finish leveling/forma my chroma.

The rewards may seem meh atm but I still want to be able to say Im maxed out for my build

Edited by Echoa

I'm just curious, what is it that makes raid boring? I thought it was pretty decent. 

Maybe I was bound to dislike raids as I was expecting that it would be possible to play them solo, but it turned out that at least four players are needed to do them. That itself isn't the issue, It is the reason why the minimum-player cap exists that bothers me the most. There are just too many consoles to hack and buttons to stand moronically on, and it's all to solve vacuous puzzles. It is as if the "raid" is actually a collection of mini-games. I don't mind co-op, but the objectives and the method to solve them are just plain stupid.