Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, You Need To Realize That Low-End Computers Can't Run Relays.

EDeN153

Again, are your pc just low end or old low end? If it's just low end, then it's DE responsibility because your PC i still working 100%. And you even admit your PC is dying, there is nothing DE can do to fix your VGA, CPU or RAM. Even if you own high specs PC if the problem is your hardware, then DE has no responsbility for it.

It is in fact low end, and, well, it's dying of 'unnatural causes,' meaning it shouldn't be performing this badly atm.

Yea, my pc really is that bad. I've had it for some time, and atm it's in the process of dying. But no, it's not like asking able-bodied runners to slow down for someone in a wheelchair, considering I'm not asking any player for help. To modify your analogy, this is like a guy in a wheelchair asking whoever's in charge of the race to try and make a separate one for similar people.

There are separate ones, they're called "other games". If you don't meet the systems requirements of a game then you just don't.

There are separate ones, they're called "other games". If you don't meet the systems requirements of a game then you just don't.

So, even though I really enjoy this game, played it for nearly two years and I can't run a single part of the game, I should move on to other games? Why? Why are you so against the thought of DE adding certain relay functions into the Liset?

Edit for Clarification: By single, I really do mean only the relays. Everything else is ok-ish.

Edited by EDeN153

...... I can't run a single part of the game, I should move on to other games? Why?

Because this is only going to get worse. DE has plans to keep improving the physics and graphics of this game. So with every update your system will struggle more and more.

What you need to do is convince a cashed up friend that he needs to upgrade. Then when he does offer to take his old parts off his hands for him :)

I would like to point out the OP can still play the rest of the game. So, telling him he should leave just because he can't talk to Simaris and turn in syndicate medallions is unreasonable.

That being said, relay solo-mode, or putting in a new room in the dojo where you can communicate with syndicates & Simaris, is hardly a terrible request.

It would be handy if I could access Simaris from my Liset, just because he's new right now and I think he was bugged for me because of the throng of people in front of him.

While my computer is a piece of crap, I can luckily still run Relays with the 5-10fps I'm use to from Solo Play. I feel for you though, OP, and hope you either have great luck loading into the Relays or DE helps smooth out something that will help in that regard.

As a side note: Whenever I see people saying "Hey, just buy a new thing", I'd love to see those people just front the cash for the person. Because, hey, it obviously can't be THAT hard to come up with the money, since you assume everyone can just snap their fingers and have disposable income. Right?

between performance differences, slow traversing of the Relay(jesus christ are Players forced to go slow), and that they're usually clogged with Players and look like a town market in a third world country, rather than an Elegant high-tech 'Apartment Complex' / base...

i'm never really excited to go to a Relay. i don't really want to go there, but i have to anyways. the entire place breaks any immersion of the game, but i have to go there anyways.

Low end Computers was not meant for high end gaming.

Warframe isn't 'high end gaming'.

Warframe is built to cater to a wide hardware audience.

far more accurately, would be to say that Relays perform ~2-2.5x+ slower than the rest of the game does.

so take whatever Framerate (which is inaccurate but easier to deal with than to ask users to learn Frame Time as Consumers don't usually bother learning it) anyone with any hardware may have normally, and divide it by 2-2.5, and you have the Framerate you will likely be at in the Relay.

so if you normally run at ~300FPS while playing Missions, divide that down. it's a huge performance drop.

(inb4 nu-uh it's the same Framerate - turn off VSync so you can actually determine this accurately)

this is true in every Online game, where performance is lowest not in the middle of playing the game, with Effects flashing everywhere, but instead, in Player Hub-like things.

every additional Player being tracked drops Performance far more significantly than spawning a few Enemies and Explosions does.

Edited by taiiat

What the hell are some of the people here talking about?

The problem is that Warframe handles multiple players terribly. When I host a mission for just 4 players my FPS can drop from 140+ to 40-60. When I don't host it's a bit better but still. And when those players star droppig Bastilles and M Primes... oh boy, welcome 30FPS gaming.

The relays are indeed very badly optimized. Again from over 140 FPS to around 40 FPS.

All the while other games run perfectly fine with many players around. But some of this has to do with the networking model. Warframe indeed runs decently on even lower end systems... but that mostly applies to you soloing your basic mission. When you get additional 3 players throwing their abilities around the results tend to be quite different.

So yeah... Relays could use a bit of optimization. Remember the sress test on the stream? Rebecca had single digit FPS there, did DE just give her bad rig? It improved a bit since then, but could use some more work.

Edited by LocoWithGun

You do have all the setting set to low or off, right?

Only helps so much. Mere presence of other players will cut your performance. They don't even have to do anything, they can just stand there.

Edited by LocoWithGun