Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most Intense Conclave Experience With Clan Mates (After Applying Special Rules)

Avenias

Today was the most fun and intense conclave experience i have had so far in warframe and thats only because we applied special rules. They are-

1) No melee weps allowed

2) Only Braton gun is allowed

3) No secondary

We agreed to get rid of melee now to remove coptering ability entirely and to depend on parkour skills. Even though the heavy melee weapon isnt good for coptering, we still decided upon it as the 1 hit kill slide attack is something that was not desirable.

Secondly, we decided to go for only Braton now to make sure everyone started on the same note and had equal chance on winning the match. We will rotate guns in future, but will not use 1 hit kill guns.

Thirdly, we decided  not to use secondary gun because we wanted to make the game more tactical. When you don't have a secondary wep, you cannot defend yourself when picking up the cephalon, unless you choose to drop it which will allow you to equip your primary gun. However, when you drop the cephalon, the enemy can rush in and return it. The cephalon user needs to be depend on the team mates to protect him and hunt the enemy cephalon holder.

The result was simply amazing, extremely intense and fun match with both sides beating the living hell out of each other and the score was very close. I hope pvp in future takes a simillar path where it will require planning and tactics to win, instead of simply being a butt-sliding contest.

wish i was there, i already spent a while today nuzzling my butt on the field and as some guy mentioned around, once the enemy team copters, you have to copter too, making that the meta for movement and capturing, also, as they all started coptering, i felt like braton was a waste fo time, and only paris would do the job, again, drawing the meta around rino, paris, and coptering, all just because of coptering

later ill come again and try to recruit a premade conclave with your rules, looking forward to such experience

Edited by rockscl

This reminds me of an old DE game, Unreal Tournament, just without the rocket launchers, flak cannons, and snipers. Good times. I'm amazed you were able to get into a match with just your clan mates. I tried to do the same with a premade team of friends, but we got split into opposite sides.

Would be nice if DE let us make our own private matches with checkbox options for the host to set special rules. Also, being able to pull up a list of open matches that shows which rules are in effect would awesome (nothing new; countless multiplayer shooters have done that before).

Today was the most fun and intense conclave experience i have had so far in warframe and thats only because we applied special rules. They are-

1) No melee weps allowed

2) Only Braton gun is allowed

3) No secondary

We agreed to get rid of melee now to remove coptering ability entirely and to depend on parkour skills. Even though the heavy melee weapon isnt good for coptering, we still decided upon it as the 1 hit kill slide attack is something that was not desirable.

Secondly, we decided to go for only Braton now to make sure everyone started on the same note and had equal chance on winning the match. We will rotate guns in future, but will not use 1 hit kill guns.

Thirdly, we decided  not to use secondary gun because we wanted to make the game more tactical. When you don't have a secondary wep, you cannot defend yourself when picking up the cephalon, unless you choose to drop it which will allow you to equip your primary gun. However, when you drop the cephalon, the enemy can rush in and return it. The cephalon user needs to be depend on the team mates to protect him and hunt the enemy cephalon holder.

The result was simply amazing, extremely intense and fun match with both sides beating the living hell out of each other and the score was very close. I hope pvp in future takes a simillar path where it will require planning and tactics to win, instead of simply being a butt-sliding contest.

This is the most imaginative way to frame a "please nerf the things that I'm losing to" crying fest. Let me explain why your OP is BS, the games you are talking about never happened and your nerf calls are absolutely meaningless and void of all experience in 5 points.

1. You didn't mention removing abilities. This means that the following are still usable...

Radial Javelin, Slash Dash

Iron Skin

Shock, Overload

Snow Globe, Avalanche

Bullet Attractor

So this point alone means that you aren't a player who arranged something with their clan looking for "a perceived bias of what balance is", you are most likely someone who focuses on power uses and probably Volt/Excalibur user focusing on your "4".

2. If copter mobility was an issue, then you are not aware that slide jumping and slide cancelling give about the same movement. Directional Melee also adds to this. So coptering wasn't something you were against for "balance" reasons, you don't like it because it gives the opponent enough time to escape the ultimate's casting times.

3. If you are being killed by someone spin attacking you, that's completely your fault. It has to be aimed and timed. The people spamming it and the people aiming it are completely different in kill rates. Also unchanneled the copters have to hit 3-4 times to kill. Channeled takes 2-3. The dual ethers were able to one shot most frames with a channeled copter, but they banned the weapon due to people like you crying about it.

Also 9 out of 10 times you were killed using your ult, it was probably by someone coptering into you while you thought they were a sitting duck to the cast. And you deserve it.

4. No secondary. Really? So no melee and no secondary. Secondaries and some primaries already don't hit hard enough. If you were looking for a buff to the braton, you should ask for a buff to the braton. It and several other weapons do need a serious damage buff.

This isn't some "tactical adjustment" to holding the cephalon, this is only further encouragement to rotate around the map collecting energy to "4" the other guy.

5. And you said this "The result was simply amazing, extremely intense and fun match with both sides beating the living hell out of each other and the score was very close. I hope pvp in future takes a simillar path where it will require planning and tactics to win, instead of simply being a butt-sliding contest."

With your rules, butt sliding is still possible. With no melee weapon, that's most of what would be going on. So yeah, you definitely did NOT actually play your make believe game and your troll thread has definitely gotten me to bite. People knee-jerk nerf calling and a dev community that instantly does what players tell them to results in these nerfs that the community also go to the forums to complain heavily about.

Edited by KyrosQF

This reminds me of an old DE game, Unreal Tournament, just without the rocket launchers, flak cannons, and snipers. Good times. I'm amazed you were able to get into a match with just your clan mates. I tried to do the same with a premade team of friends, but we got split into opposite sides.

Would be nice if DE let us make our own private matches with checkbox options for the host to set special rules. Also, being able to pull up a list of open matches that shows which rules are in effect would awesome (nothing new; countless multiplayer shooters have done that before).

Yeah its possible, change the party setting to invite only then enter the conclave. After that send invitation to your clan mates. Only thing is that there is no start button and so the moment the first clan mate enters, it will start the countdown, but you can still invite even after it has started.