The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New To The Game: What's The Matter With The Turbo Sliding?

Armage

Agreed OP. Silly immersion breaking movement mechanics like this and coptering need to go and I hope they do with Parkour 2.0. 

yeah, that's mostly my point. silly immersion breaking movement mechanics. They're as clear as the sun and I wonder why they're still there.

I understand that it might not be a big deal for everyone. I'm just saying that it's a stupid thing and the game could be more enjoyable for everyone if the "RUN" button would make you go as fast as you can (ofc, not counting special abilities or something like that). If people fear they'd go too slow without this "glitch" as it is now, there's many way to fix that.

I completely disagree with you. I'd be pretty upset if it was removed. It isn't a glitch, it is a mechanic. You can dislike it all you want, that doesn't change the facts.

yeah, that's mostly my point. silly immersion breaking movement mechanics. They're as clear as the sun and I wonder why they're still there.

'Turbo sliding' breaks your immersion, but taking tons of bullets, rockets, and blades doesn't? 'Turbo sliding' breaks your immersion, but not taking any fall damage doesn't? 'Turbo sliding' breaks your immersion, but being able to stick to walls (and having weapons that stick to our bodies) doesn't? 'Turbo sliding' breaks your immersion, but being able to disintegrate enemies with the swipe of a sword doesn't?

Why don't they just make sprinting faster then tone down the acceleration that sliding and coptering give you?

All that on top of removing stamina.

Maybe because that would just make Warframe closer to being a generic third person shooter? If Tribes can have 'skiing' then we can have 'turbo sliding' and coptering.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

'Turbo sliding' breaks your immersion, but not taking any fall damage doesn't? 'Turbo sliding' breaks your immersion, but being able to stick to walls (and having weapons that stick to our bodies) doesn't? 'Turbo sliding' breaks your immersion, but being able to disintegrate enemies with the swipe of a sword doesn't?

yeah, no fall damage is another problem imo, but nowhere near bothering as this one. It might stay as it is. There's many movement/physics "glitches" in this game (call them as you want). Some might be enjoyable and make the game distinctive and unique, fine. I just pointed out the worst one which should totally be reworked. Lukily I see I'm not the only one.

So of all the thing broken in the game that you claim to know, you choose to complain about this?

The slide is too fast, that's it. That's your issue with the game?

K.

the fist thing you notice when you enter the game, yes. Why not? If a game is flawed in its fundamentals, it'd be hard for it to be good in the long run

Edited by Armage

yeah, no fall damage is another problem imo, but nowhere near bothering as this one. It might stay as it is. There's many movement/physics "glitches" in this game (call them as you want). Some might be enjoyable and make the game distinctive and unique, fine. I just pointed out the worst one which should totally be reworked. Lukily I see I'm not the only one.

This game is built around fall damage not being a thing. If fall damage was added many tilesets would have to be completely changed. They aren't glitches, they're features. That is a fact. The worst one in your opinion, IMO it (along with all the other features that people call glitches) are fine and/or enjoyable and I hope DE never reworks them.

the fist thing you notice when you enter the game, yes. Why not? If a game is flawed in its fundamentals, it'd be hard for it to be good in the long run

This game not following the standard set of rules for generic third person shooters is not a flaw.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

the fist thing you notice when you enter the game, yes. Why not? If a game is flawed in its fundamentals, how can it be good any further?

That's not the first I noticed and it never felt like a bug to me, maybe you're prone to motion sickness?

The slide always felt like the one in Vanquish, of all the things they tried to do with the movement, I feel the sliding is the one thing that works.

I have to agree with OP... I don't find cool to see Tenno doing so many little slide just to get that boost. When my team is rushing, I don't like to have to slide and copter continuously to catch them, but insted I'd like to use parkour in an effective way. Now most of the time I try parkour, I end up doing things I didn't want to, in an unpredictable way, losing sooo much time and forcing me to slide, copter, slide, copter: if you don't do that, you'll be left behind. Also, have you ever tried to hit (in PvP) a player moving that way? It's nearly impossible. I know most of the player is a rusher and they would rage if the slide boost and coptering would be removed, but I'm favorable to it, as soon as we get other way to move faster or rapidly (which is not the same). It is why I have big hopes for Parkour 2.0.

This game is built around fall damage not being a thing. If fall damage was added many tilesets would have to be completely changed. They aren't glitches, they're features. That is a fact. The worst one in your opinion, IMO it (along with all the other features that people call glitches) are fine and/or enjoyable and I hope DE never reworks them.

This game not following the standard set of rules for generic third person shooters is not a flaw.

It depends if you are referring to good third person shoooters or crappy ones :)

There's a line between something that might be a gameplay choice, not right nor wrong, not very bothering for most (like no fall damage which, as I said, given the lore of the game etc etc, is legit gameplay choice and might stay as it is) and immersion breaking, heavily unexpected and not-fun-to-deal-with, physics behavior. As I said, I totally understand that this might not be that big of a deal for everyone, especially for those who got accustomed to it. fine. I'm just pointing out the fact that, with the eyes of a new player who has played games like this for a very long time, this looks like a major glitch which need URGENT rework because it's PLAIN stupid that the crouch button which should result in a slide when you run has become a TURBO button instead, that you have to briefly tap on CONSTANTLY, getting all the speed boost and none of the drawbacks of a slide.  

It is not skill-based, it's not lore-based, it's against basic physics laws even for ninjas. It's against everything common sense suggests.

One might ask: If I can go THAT FAST by fake-sliding, then why move the legs at all??

Edited by Armage

I have to agree with OP... I don't find cool to see Tenno doing so many little slide just to get that boost. When my team is rushing, I don't like to have to slide and copter continuously to catch them, but insted I'd like to use parkour in an effective way. Now most of the time I try parkour, I end up doing things I didn't want to, in an unpredictable way, losing sooo much time and forcing me to slide, copter, slide, copter: if you don't do that, you'll be left behind. Also, have you ever tried to hit (in PvP) a player moving that way? It's nearly impossible. I know most of the player is a rusher and they would rage if the slide boost and coptering would be removed, but I'm favorable to it, as soon as we get other way to move faster or rapidly (which is not the same). It is why I have big hopes for Parkour 2.0.

totally agreed.

Maybe because that would just make Warframe closer to being a generic third person shooter? If Tribes can have 'skiing' then we can have 'turbo sliding' and coptering.

Except Tribes feature-ized skiing by giving it an animation that made sense (I play Tribes, it used to look stupid but it looks good in newer ones) while buttsliding still looks very silly. 

If they gave it a fancy new animation, that would be a different story.

Edited by vaugahn

opinion.jpg

From what I can tell, the reason why this seems to be such a problem for you is that it looks ridiculous.

Yes. It does.

However, as I'm sure you can clearly see, many people have gotten so used to it and/or simply never minded it, so they would like it to stay. It boosts mobility in a convenient and simple way, and if you like to think of it in a sci-fi sort of way (combined with a little fanon), you could say it's possible because the warframe is using some sort of electromagnetic field to partially suspend itself above ground.

Additionally, I'm not really sure why you are so worried about immersion in a game where the whole gimmick of the player characters (Tenno) is using the Void, which essentially allows them to break the laws of physics on the fly. (Actually a major plot point, once you get down to it.)

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. Plus, you may very well get your wish. Parkour 2.0 is right around the corner™.

Except Tribes feature-ized skiing by giving it an animation that made sense (I play Tribes, it used to look stupid but it looks good in newer ones) while buttsliding still looks very silly. 

If they gave it a fancy new animation, that would be a different story.

And I'm sure if there's a sequel to Warframe, the sliding will look fancier.

well ladies and gentlemen, here we have, a young and recently discovered specimen of "nerf whatever i dont like". this type of beings will flame the forum with "hey how did X got moar killz dan i deid!??!!??!!?? NERF HIM, HE CANT BE BETTER THAN ME!" he will soon start to criticize boltor prime, as soon as he sees it in action "DUDE HOW CAN BOLTS REMAIN IN AIR/IMPALE SUCH BIG GUYS!?AND DAMAGE! NERF NERF NERF!!" and ofc he will say that every other frame appart of his favorite one is OP and they should all be nerfed. 

your first post and already crying for nerf/removal of mechanics, if the game bothers you there are many games out there and if you're used to call of duty mechanics its your problem, don't come here and tell us how to play the game or how it would be better to play the game. and sliding is present in many other games, but those other games dont have what this one has. Warframes and Energy. Get used to it.