Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can The Balancing Process Be Explained A Bit?

WhiteCopain

So let me start off by saying, I really don't mind the Excalibur balancing that DE has done, I think it's fine and I enjoy the challenge the game has when I play my Excal.

The confusion I'm having here is that Excal is constantly getting balanced, more then pretty much any frame, to be... mediocre by comparison. He's always balanced so the game itself remains interesting, they never have him be as powerful as a lot of other frames and this makes playing Excal hella fun.... but why is he balanced like this?

Why does Excal need to be brought down so much when you have things like Mesa's huge crowd clearing ability, Rhino's high damage aoe and long time CC, Nova's kill one person and the room dies ult, Volt's invincible shields; the list goes on and on. A lot of frames have these huge defining things that make them godly powerful and make the game trivially easy.

Typically when I go into a T1/2 Defense on my Mesa I just ask my team to afk by the pod so it goes faster and get loot in between waves, because Mesa can solo to 20 waves without caring. But this doesn't get balanced around... Just Excal's power, who I'd already have considered weaker.

Again I really don't mind the Excal nerfs, I just want to know why he's the one who is constantly getting the harsh balances where as others when they're nerfed is kind of a slap on the wrist (don't pretend getting the huge damage resist that Trinity still has is that bad, Trinity players, it's really not).

Edited by WhiteCopain

Rhino's high damage aoe and long time CC

800 Blast and 9 seconds of hang time, thats neither high damage nor long CC. Just pointing that out... 

However the reason i believe they have 'balanced' Excalibur to such an extent is just to stop people from rep farming with 4 spam. Personally i don't believe it was Excalibur who needed these changes, but rather the gamemode itself is broken and should have been fixed instead long ago. 

800 Blast and 9 seconds of hang time, thats neither high damage nor long CC. Just pointing that out... 

However the reason i believe they have 'balanced' Excalibur to such an extent is just to stop people from rep farming with 4 spam. Personally i don't believe it was Excalibur who needed these changes, but rather the gamemode itself is broken and should have been fixed instead long ago. 

9 seconds of total nullification that can be chained reliably is great cc.  It's durational cc that doesn't depend on the duration stat.  Doesn't get much better.  

It's not just his 4 that has been balanced is my point. He's been balanced more then any other frame I can think of to be in the sate he is now, a balanced state in the game, but weak compared to other frames. I'm wondering why he's always kept in this area and given this attention to provide that experience while others aren't.

I think Excal is fine, but it always confused me to why a frame is balanced far more then others to be weaker then others on purpose.

Also pretty sure 9 seconds of CC is purdy good.

no no rhino's stomp is brilliant cc you can use anti duration mods and it will not reduce the cc time which is dam brilliant and 9 seconds is a pretty long time while being cast able straight after with no target limit.