Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Sigil Selection

mkah_mvet

When it comes to syndicate sigils, I want to point out that I have 30 frames and 27 syndicate sigils (not counting cosmetic only).  Choosing frames based on the mission type and opponent, and then to also have to switch between syndicate sigils, the current UI for sigils just is not made to handle this well.  The multiple appearance tabs A B and C, help alleviate the pain a little, the fact that it always defaults to A when selecting a frame, and how easy it is to forget to switch loadouts or sigils, I think we need a better solution

What I'd propose is in the current sigil selection, all the syndicate sigils get replaced with one selection labeled "syndicate sigil."  Move the sigils themselves to the syndicate screen.  In the Syndicate window, underneath each syndicate, have the "active sigil" for each syndicate which, when selected, makes that the active sigil.  A "change sigil" button underneath would allow players to pick which sigil and customize it's color.

This would simplify the work flow in ensuring the intended sigil is on whichever frame the player chooses to use for a particular mission.

While I'd love to have the option to swap my sigil out at the syndicate screen, I would not like having to travel back and forth between my arsenal and my syndicate console just so I could come up with a combination I liked.

What if there was a syndicates button in the appearances screen?  If the original idea is implemented as proposed, plus that button, the worst use case scenario is it saves you 2 or 3 clicks in sigil selection (depending on how you count it).  Best use case scenario it saves you more than 6 clicks, with a more average scenario it saving you 3 clicks.  And it buys you the peace of mind of knowing you're working for the syndicate you want to work for, plus cleans up the sigil selection window.  I can't see a down side except the development hours.

What if there was a syndicates button in the appearances screen?  If the original idea is implemented as proposed, plus that button, the worst use case scenario is it saves you 2 or 3 clicks in sigil selection (depending on how you count it).  Best use case scenario it saves you more than 6 clicks, with a more average scenario it saving you 3 clicks.  And it buys you the peace of mind of knowing you're working for the syndicate you want to work for, plus cleans up the sigil selection window.  I can't see a down side except the development hours.

By 'in appearances screen' do you mean it would be separated from regalias but still in that basic area? If that's the case, sure I wouldn't mind that but I don't see how it saves me any clicks.

By 'in appearances screen' do you mean it would be separated from regalias but still in that basic area? If that's the case, sure I wouldn't mind that but I don't see how it saves me any clicks.

As in if you wanted to change your syndicate sigil, you'd go to appearances as normal there'd be a button at the bottom next to the exit button that would take you to the exact same window (updated as per the first post with 1-click syndicate selection - there's plenty of space in the existing window to add a "make active" button for each syndicate) as if you walked over to the syndicates console.  Right now, starting from the appearance screen it's 1)regalia 2)front/back sigil 3) the specific sigil (4 if you count double click as 2 clicks, 6 if you also count clicking back 2 levels afterwards.)  My proposal would be from the appearance screen 1) syndicate 2) the specific syndicate you have already chosen a sigil for.

There are a couple use cases where this proposal might be less streamlined, but they'd be along the lines of players prioritizing aesthetics more than functionality (as in allying with a syndicate because it's sigil looks good on a particular frame), which I don't really have any personal sympathy for, but I'd imagine a straightforward solution could be found for them as well.