Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Weapons/frames Shouldn't Be In Competitive Pvp.

Aodan

Prime variants were scaled and used for more end game PvE.

When I herd about PvP 2.0 I was excited that only basic mods and weapons would be tuned for it.

Prime weapons/warframe are not needed and provide extreme advantage stat/dps wise. There is no real reason to have them in pvp.

DE, please take balancing PvP seriously. Who ever thought primes were a good addition, have no real PvP experience.

This feels like wow/wildstar PvP balance trash all over again. They have easily shown you what works and what doesn't.

You really need to build PvP from the ground up. Quickly adding imba frames/weapons that are rely not properly tinned, on top of the wide range of weapons you could tune. Primes simply are not needed.

Edited by Aodan

+1.

I took one glance at my arsenal and saw that Latron Prime is a straight upgrade to the Latron in PVP. If DE wants to take PVP balancing seriously, then they should know that something like this is not okay.

How the F*** those bonus points in accuracy or whatever change anything? Weapons in pvp are ballanced. I bet primes are too. Also I'm not going to sell my prime, just because some dude doesn't want them in the game. What do you expect? Everyone just freeing slots specially for pvp weapons, only because you don't like them?

they should just make them all the same. Latron is the same on all variations, braton the same on all variations.

If they are going to allow primes, there should be no stat diff. PvP is about skill, not having slightly better DPs.

I would play the devil's advocate, and say that Prime weapons should either be: 

1. Very, very small upgrades (that players using the normal version would not be severely disadvantaged). 

2. Sidegrades (so players now have to choose). 

That way, Prime weapons would not invalidate all the other weapons, and players can defeat Prime weapon wielding players. 

The latron prime isn't really something I'm concerned about damage wise, it's more the paris prime and fang prime that are dominating the dps in pvp 2.0. The gorgon variants are also wrecking pretty badly.

The real issue here should be why radial javelin is allowed. And why rhino charge/slash dash one shots basically everyone. 

Back to topic again. I think that all prime variants should have normal damage when compared to their normal variants on body shots but on head shots it should have a very slight, maybe 10% increase in damage. Also, all melee weapon slide attack damages should be nerfed. So should the stagger. 

I would play the devil's advocate, and say that Prime weapons should either be: 

1. Very, very small upgrades (that players using the normal version would not be severely disadvantaged). 

2. Sidegrades (so players now have to choose). 

There's enough weapons in the game to have the "sidegrades" simply another weapon.  You'll just have to be patient and wait until they implement more guns in PvP.

Edited by Intalus

Prime weapons and frames should only be cosmetic and ONLY cosmetic. It would be nice to be able to get prime variant looks when you get certain amount of captures/kills.

They should have just launched PvP with only starter frames and weapons, and slowly 1 frame and a few weapons each month.

In a state like this I am just avoiding it. 

If they are going to allow primes, there should be no stat diff. PvP is about skill, not having slightly better DPs.

They don't. Paris Prime has less damage than MK-1 Paris. Same with Fang and Fang Prime.

I think Primes should totally exist, they should be different and not better. Which they are.

Prime weapons and frames should only be cosmetic and ONLY cosmetic. It would be nice to be able to get prime variant looks when you get certain amount of captures/kills.

They should have just launched PvP with only starter frames and weapons, and slowly 1 frame and a few weapons each month.

In a state like this I am just avoiding it.

This is what I expected, this is how it should be done. It frustrates me that they added in so much stuff and now there isn't balance for competitive play to be taken seriously.

If anything just match prime with non prime stats in the pvp setting. I don't want to own the braton and the braton prime.

The general consensus is this. That primes should be only skin differences, not stat which is honestly an easy fix

They don't. Paris Prime has less damage than MK-1 Paris. Same with Fang and Fang Prime.

I think Primes should totally exist, they should be different and not better. Which they are.

Primed should be strictly side grade. There is a HUGE arsenal in warframe, why not focus on brining sane/functional/balanced options in, then throwing in primes and primed frames randomly that are obviously not really tuned.

I want a semi competitive scene to develop for conclave. Not the joke-filled bugged, not balanced state that it is now

Primed should be strictly side grade. There is a HUGE arsenal in warframe, why not focus on brining sane/functional/balanced options in, then throwing in primes and primed frames randomly that are obviously not really tuned.

I want a semi competitive scene to develop for conclave. Not the joke-filled bugged, not balanced state that it is now

They ARE side grades. Fang has MORE DPS than Fang Prime. Not a single Prime has more raw power than its normal counterpart.

It's easy to bring in the primes, vandals, wraiths and MK-1s since the normals are already balanced, and just make the prefixed versions slightly different.

The difference in Braton and Braton Prime is very small in terms of playstyle, the difference between Grataka and Braton is bigger, bigger still when you go to Paris.

Balancing a weapon like Drakgoon or Quanta would take some effort because they're so weird mechanically.