The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slow Free Platinum

colincoti

I think you should be able to sell orokin reactors and catalysts + maybe alert mission only weapons for a bit of platinum, like 15 - 5 depending what it is and how hard it is to craft. This process of smelting should also take time and credits. +1 if you agree. Everything can be changed, like the platinum output.

No, DE make the game for free and they deserve some form of currency that can be translated into real life money. They need to make some kind of money to keep the game running and to make a profit for themselves, like they deserve.

AFAIK Only thing you absolutely need platinum for mechanics wise is warframe and weapon slots.

Any scheme to grind and get platinum will basically be taking money out of DE's pockets. Yes I'm in the founder program and paid $50 and have used platinum. I have also played this game 60+ hours so I'm paying DE less than $1/hour of entertainment.

Think about how much you pay for 2 and a half hours of un-interactive entertainment when going to the movies. Then see if there's a way for you to convince the manager to occasionally let you see a movie for free, without paying for anything else in the meantime or in the future.

Simply put,

IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

the DE gives platinum every once in a while when they feel generous and grateful to its player base. frankly i think that alone is the equivalent of them tossing cash into the wind because we did something great for them.

id rather thank them for this game by at least buying them a steak dinner when i can, which is like $20-$30. even then, you buy them a dinner and they reward you with more ingame awesomeness.

i dont see you buying them steak dinners, so i dont see why you should get all the unessesary stuff considering all the important stuff you can get for free.

No, DE make the game for free and they deserve some form of currency that can be translated into real life money. They need to make some kind of money to keep the game running and to make a profit for themselves, like they deserve.

support

Yes, if you want slower update and less service.

no, if you want game alive and support the developer who work hard on this f2p game and keep updating

Edited by Girai

I have to remind you that there are games in which you can exchange game currency for RL money based currency. And they are currently not dying.

So stop using the "devs gotta eat" argument. Devs will be fine.

I have to remind you that there are games in which you can exchange game currency for RL money based currency. And they are currently not dying.

So stop using the "devs gotta eat" argument. Devs will be fine.

the only game that i know uses real life money currency is gw2 and it isn't going too well considering the update and development is too slow to keep people of interest, plus gw2 is payed to play thats why its going fine but started going downhill a bit. The currency exhange can slow the developement process since not many cash flows in. This game is free and the developer going to need to make money some way or another to keep updating the content. They are doing it way faster than gw2 in term of updating and new content. Unless there are other game succeeded in doing so. 

Edited by Girai

the only game that i know uses real life money currency is gw2 and it isn't going too well considering the update and development is too slow to keep people of interest, plus gw2 is payed to play thats why its going fine but started going downhill a bit. The currency exhange can slow the developement process since not many cash flows in. This game is free and the developer going to need to make money some way or another to keep updating the content. They are doing it way faster than gw2 in term of updating and new content. Unless there are other game succeeded in doing so. 

Eve online, and recently Neverwinter which is also free to play.

Eve has in game credits exchanged for game time because it is a subscription based model. I also believe that the game time items are effectively bought by other players and everything can be stolen by other players as Eve is primarily a PvP game. Not the same as Warframe at all.

There appears to be a call for free money every day from one person or another and I really find it weird. Is it that unreasonable to ask that if you like a game so much that you are want extra Warframe/weapon slots to enjoy it further that you put down a few dollars? Heck, as pointed out, you get money just for making an account, so if you really want to be a cheap SOB, go make another account.

Wait, SLOW = 15?

No. That's really not that slow. 

That's $1 worth of plat per time.

You could farm/abuse the crap out of this system.

I can agree with a super-rare-alert-mission-chance-to-get-slot, as its the only thing in the cash shop that seems to really bother F2P players, but lets not just hand everyone money and expect the game to stay the quality it is.

No,1 dollar per person won't kill the Devs? 

That's one dollar PER PERSON PER TIME. Adds up, buddy.