Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free To Play Games

bluntpuffer

Yes, because all free to play games are the same as mobile games. Warframe is on par with candy crush, Star Trek (on Ipad) and tons of others that are just money wasters.

Totally no effort is put into them and they are all just cash cows.

Here's an idea, go watch the episode (like I did) and you'll see how they place a distinction between games are okay to waste money on as long as they are fun and enjoyable and the games that's basically skinner box manipulation.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

OP are you implying warframe is a freemium game?

If so I(and many others) would beg to differ

true but many will also agree with him.

true in this game you can get anything if you work hard enough for them but the grind involve is so much you might as well get a minimum wage job and pay for plat. 

Few developers can withstand the career-long crowd control duration that is money.

tumblr_mm3o91cSjB1s18jw9o1_500.gif

What anime is this?

true but many will also agree with him.

true in this game you can get anything if you work hard enough for them but the grind involve is so much you might as well get a minimum wage job and pay for plat. 

But that is not what freemium is or is what kind of games South park is making fun of. 

Those games force you to pay in order to continue, Warframe does not.

Whether the grind is insane or not is irrelevant, the point is that there is a perfectly reasonable and sound way to get nearly everything in the game and not being forced to pay just to do stuff.

What OP is suggesting is that F2P games (all of them, including WF) is on the same level as the scummiest of mobile games like Final Fantasy All the Bravest.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

But that is not what freemium is or is what kind of games South park is making fun of. 

Those games force you to pay in order to continue, Warframe does not.

Whether the grind is insane or not is irrelevant, the point is that there is a perfectly reasonable and sound way to get nearly everything in the game and not being forced to pay just to do stuff.

What OP is suggesting is that F2P games (all of them, including WF) is on the same level as the scummiest of mobile games like Final Fantasy All the Bravest.

Disagree, but I can see that arguing with you any feather would be pointless.

This is a letter someone write in hope that it would get to someone in DE. This is not by me but This will sum up a few points with what's wrong with this game. I'm posting this in hope that It might help the game. I do agree with what he is saying and maybe it will help ScrublordPrime understand. This is probably my last argument I will make on this matter. I do feel that it would be pointless but might as well post it in hope that someone else might get the message and help make this game better

Dear DE,

I'm sure you're not even gonna read this, so I'll be liberal with my terms. Your handling of this game is sliding downhill because you have zero idea what you want this game to be and what you want players to do here. It is your design (or lack thereof) that rewards mindless macro-farming more than actually playing the game. It is your design that makes Panthera weaker than its prerequisites.

I bought a full bundle for Chroma, because I knew trying to farm all the new things will just cause me extreme frustration, and I was right. I leveled the mediocre Ripkas to never touch them again, because a weapon with such a low damage needs a crit build, and crit build with 0.8 attack speed isn't gonna work. I knew that the moment I looked at its stats, I got the mastery and forgot about it. And then I looked at what was required to build it and my jaw dropped, because if I actually sacrificed everything it required only to get what Ripkas are right now, I'd probably uninstall this game right then and there, despite hundreds of hours and dollars I spent in/on it.

It is your design that makes 3 of 6 syndicate weapons DoA, 2 of those 3 permanently, and 1 requiring serious buffs, while other 2 were worth the effort, and the final one being so ungodly owerpowered that it immediately made every other secondary in the game obsolete. Community knew this within hours of the weapons going live, yet you, that should have known that when the weapons still existed only on paper take weeks to do something about it. And when you do get down to addressing this issue, you just nerf the said weapon into the ground, without bothering to playtest how long it will last.

It is by your design that reputation gains were so ridiculously minuscle, that people had to invent Viver farm. It is because you didn't try to YOURSELF go and farm the damn rep to realize how much time you'd need to take the rep to full, and then buy the rewards with it.

It is by your lack of competent game designers that there is no relation between how much a weapon costs, how hard it is to acquire and what its maximum potential is. If you were designing WoW, players would require Shadowmourne to craft Cruel Barb, RFK drops would rival those of BWD, and WoW would close down in its first year.

It is because you have no concepts like (even hidden) item level, which would determine its stat budget, which would then allow you to properly distribute stats according to stat weight. It's not hard to balance ALL weapons in a game that basically has just a single tier of content (and thank God), where there are no new "expansions" that bring new tiers of gear that make all existing gear obsolete. But you're not even trying. Neither by careful planning nor by playtesting, because we still have weapons like Supra in this game, which is a usability nightmare, having a full spectrum of inconvenience problems, from ammo consumption and reload speed to projectile travel time and recoil. And it's a clan weapon, which requires a lot of things to build

Did any of you try to max all Primed and otherwise level 10 mods with cores and credits you farmed yourself? Did any of you try to farm all the cores to max System Reroute, and then feel the 27.5% efficiency you got was worth it? I know the answer, of course. And therein lies the problem.

Your programming quality is far from perfect, your design framework in nonexistent, the most rewarding activity in this game is grinding, and instead of creating new ways to acquire what we need most, which is credits and cores, you nerf frames weapons and abilities that could ease the grind.

Spy 2.0 was a step in a right direction. Introducing a completely nonsense "must be aware" mechanic for Cal's ultimate is 10 steps in the wrong direction. It's a non-solution to a non-problem. And I'm already feeling reluctant to come to forums, because you're gonna listen to people that don't like Chroma's hat, but not to people that want this game to reward playing it instead of grinding.

And right now I'm absolutely not optimistic about the future of this game, because if last year was any indication, we're just gonna get more bugs, more nerfs, more controversies, more disconnected game modes and more weapons that cost an arm and a leg and aren't worth the electricity that was wasted while coding them.

Oh, but thanks for Chroma. Despite lazy visuals, low-res textures, infested aesthetic marketed as a "dragon" and frustrating farming requirements that include bugged bosses, he's a well designed frame and the least disastrous thing about U16.