Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense 1-80 ~ Difficulty And Reward Scaling Proven To Be Completely Off

Aerensiniac

K. Then scaling is not adequate due to:

No prob. Good luck. Hints... each one is assigned to different faction. Make sure you fight level 20+ enemies so you get the best drop table.

Lets hope this satisfies the hunger of Mietz as well.

I find it unlikely that the devs would ever want to touch mod drop rates (giving better rates would make mod packs obsolete) as a conclusion i recommend the amplification of (at least) resources through out waves (U8 and base building is coming anyway).

I think this is a stellar idea.

It's realistic, it's practical, and it's simple.

Edited by Synopsis

It has everything to do with the topic.  He didn't say they have better drops, he said level 20+ enemies have the best drop table.   There is a difference.  In English that means that the drop tables don't get better past level 20.  This means the OP is essentially right and that higher waves do not give better rewards.

Better rewards from waves(the one extraction reward mod) are not derived from enemy loot tables, which I'm pretty sure is what the topic was mostly about, but I guess I could be misreading/remembering something.

Edited by therundown

Better rewards from waves(the one extraction reward mod) are not derived from enemy loot tables, which I'm pretty sure is what the topic was mostly about, but I guess I could be misreading/remembering something.

The begining of the OP talks about drops.  The example that started this argument was about getting a rare mod in wave 1.  How is it not about drops?

Edited by Aggh

Technically its about both. The main point is that there is nothing that would encourage anyone to make it into late waves.

Aggh posted that scaling stops at wave 20 and after that its basically thanks for nothing. There is literally no point to aiming for wave 100 unless you have 5 free hours you cant spend any other way, and want to brag.

edit: also @kenneth:  technically your stats screen IS viewable to other players.  Just right click view profile.  Not that it really matters, as it's mostly useless and pointless information.

Oh I see..haha..never noticed..thanks for the info.

I don't think anyone promised you mad lootz for doing optional challenge objectives in a mode designed for bragging rights.

ha ha yea it was totally "designed" that way and not just some half completed feature that's in place to support future content. no sir

ha ha yea it was totally "designed" that way and not just some half completed feature that's in place to support future content. no sir

I think you're giving them too much credit with the placeholder thing honestly.

I still find it stupid that Defense is the main source of rare mods because some folks like me aren't fans of standing around to clean hoards. They should make the rates more common for every other mode :(

And every reward past the first 15 waves should rare because many of us have no patience for it past level 10

I think you misunderstand how and why Defense is the 'main source of rare mods'.  It's not because it has a better drop rate, it's because you are literally there to kill wave after wave of enemies.  You don't encounter groups of enemies in standard missions like you do in Defense.  That is why Defense missions are good for mods, because of the sheer number of enemies you're defeating.  More enemies = more mods.

Edited by Mediave

I think you misunderstand how and why Defense is the 'main source of rare mods'.  It's not because it has a better drop rate, it's because you are literally there to kill wave after wave of enemies.  You don't encounter groups of enemies in standard missions like you do in Defense.  That is why Defense missions are good for mods, because of the sheer number of enemies you're defeating.  More enemies = more mods.

IMO , Mobile Grinner make the best for mods, Tons of them to kill

In my experience rare mods can drop after the first wave or not at all, same as "higher" waves have a good chance to drop a +fire dmg mod (e.g. http://www.twitch.tv/sgs_salp/c/2270850 , running outer terminus up to wave 25 and getting offered 5x fire dmg). Does it matter or will it stop people from doing things? It will probably stop some.... *shrug*

Personally, I don't care if I get yet another hellfire mod after wave 20+X or a continuity.

The game runs RNG (with increasing drop rates), there is no end-game so things like going high wave is for fun and glory at this point.
You can't treat the game as having gone gold, it's beta and being worked on quite hard in terms of additional content / balancing / bug-fixing / etc.

I'm with Gravefire on this one:

2. We did this for fun and as a challenge for us as a guild.

5. Remember this is a game and currently there is no End Game so we just made our own for the clan or clans ( If someone can get higher would love to see it)

Currently farming up some mods/weapons and sure, we'll take you up on it some day soon :-P

(Think sGs had some firsts before I started with Warframe and I would like 'em back ;-) )