Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Pc] What's Your Gaming Station?

Demdemeh

Show off!

What do you play with? Do you have an arcane gaming beast? Or maybe a livingroom PC with a huge Plasma?

An insanely pimped Commodore 64? A rusty HP laptop from WW2? A bright chromatic gaming bunker?

Show off your beloved child and its stats! Tell us how does your lise-...herm...computer look like!

I'll start this. I play from a 17" CLEVO workstation laptop which is the same I daily use for working (I'm a graphic designer irl).

Nothing really appealing for a gamer but I kinda love it.

Here my stats:

CLEVO.jpg

201472916344792101.jpg201472916351194831.jpg

Edited by Demdemeh

Why offtopic? I think is kinda related to Warframe! O.o'

These are our real life lisets, after all...

yea, just because its gaming doesnt = warframe :P its definitely getting moved to OT

rationalizing it doesnt make it so friend lol

Edited by Echoa

Mine's in my bedroom, on a desk that alos holds a 360. Folding down my screen reveals the screen I use for the 360. It also has 2 ancient-looking speakers I can customize with bass and treble. And a 3D mode. My laptop rests on a special table with a fluff sack under it so it can tilt, so it's better leveled with my eyesight. My mouse can change colors from green-blue-red to off. I keep a notepad around so I can note things if I need to. 

But I guess it's about the specs, so, here:

It's an ASUS N56V,
NVIDIA GEFORCE 740m,
Intel core i7
+ a S#&$load of GB memory

I can play Warframe at max settings and still run smoothly.

PS: It can get chilly in here, especially when it's cold outside, so I keep an ancient-looking Bestron fan device-thingy around. Also cools at summer. Kinda looks Corpus to me.

Edited by Institute-Marksman

The main part of my gaming set up is a clapped out, battered old thing that has seen better days.

But enough about me...

Sofa + Controller + Widescreen TV + PC (GT 640 + Quad Core AMD CPU). Not big or flashy but I can play Warframe on it and that's all that matters.

Edited by 2old4gamez

16gb 1600MHz dual channel (yes I need new ram)

why? you wont see any real gains beyond maybe 1fps unless youre running a dual GPU setup and then it takes like DDR 2300+. 1600mhz is just fine if you want depending on your timings you could loosen them a bit and set it to 1866-2100mhz. My Gskill Ripjaw 1600 hits 2200mhz 10-12-11-31 no issue but i didnt see a difference so i didnt feel it was worth the added voltage and heat so i just went 1600mhz and tightened the timings to 8-9-8-24 vs 9-9-9-27

Edited by Echoa

yea, just because its gaming doesnt = warframe :P its definitely getting moved to OT

rationalizing it doesnt make it so friend lol

Well, since last time I posted in General Discussion I have been suspended...I just Pm'ed a Mod.

This forum is very strict somehow. Maybe I'm $&*&*#(%& but I'm not understanding this logic though.

Anyway, thank you for the hint.

My battlestation. Getting a little old but still runs everything i need. The only problem is a single 7970Ghz edition 3gb card that is running on a 2560x1440 screen. Totally hit jackpot with the cpu though, 4.6ghz at that temp and such low voltage is good :D.

Specs:

3930k@4.6

16Gb quad-channel ram

2 SSDs(128Gb m4's from crucial)+some normal HDDs for storage.

HD7970Ghz 3gb from Sapphire.

V9WfS6b.jpg

MX48ptT.jpg

Edited by kiteohatto

My battlestation. Getting a little old but still runs everything i need. The only problem is a single 7970Ghz edition 3gb card that is running on a 2560x1440 screen. Totally hit jackpot with the cpu though, 4.6ghz at that temp and such low voltage is good :D

V9WfS6b.jpg

MX48ptT.jpg

Old? youre not gonna need an upgrade on anything but CPU for a good while lol what you might get maybe 10% more performance from a new gen system but @ 4.6ghz on a sandy (a socket2011 6 core at that) you really have nothing to worry about for at least another 2yrs :P what cooler you got I bet you could push that to 4.8/5ghz

Edited by Echoa

Intel core i5 4460S, quad core (processor)

Nvidia GTX 560 (GPU)

12gb DDR3 RAM

One 1tb hard drive, and one 500gb hard drive

The computer I've got my GPU/extra hard drive installed in is an ASUS M32ad-R14

My monitor is an HP pavilion f1903 and I hate it cause it's a 4:3 monitor

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-F1903-LCD-Monitor/dp/B0000DHI6A

The power supply in the M32ad-R14 does not have enough power (350w), nor the right cables for powering the GPU. So I have it powering all of the computer's components (sans GPU), while I have another power supply (550w) powering my GPU. I have the 550w one hooked up to my computer, as well as another computer (which I use as a power button for the GPU.).

Edited by Kaiczar

Old? youre not gonna need an upgrade on anything but CPU for a good while lol what you might get maybe 10% more performance from a new gen system but @ 4.6ghz on a sandy (a socket2011 6 core at that) you really have nothing to worry about for at least another 2yrs :P what cooler you got I bet you could push that to 4.8/5ghz

Old image when i was trying to get extra lights in, don't mind the cable management here ;p. The cooler is Noctua NH-D14(which is a total brick, but cools as well as any watercooler at the time of purchase).

dRjC9AW.jpg

Edited by kiteohatto

My battlestation. Getting a little old but still runs everything i need. The only problem is a single 7970Ghz edition 3gb card that is running on a 2560x1440 screen. Totally hit jackpot with the cpu though, 4.6ghz at that temp and such low voltage is good :D.

Specs:

3930k@4.6

16Gb quad-channel ram

2 SSDs(128Gb m4's from crucial)+some normal HDDs for storage.

HD7970Ghz 3gb from Sapphire.

V9WfS6b.jpg

MX48ptT.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

10865882_10155170233410571_5761205948806

Don't have any more recent images of my main home rig , and for some reason i uploaded this one to my facebook despite hating how i had 'fluffed' my cables up.

10943030_10155173687705571_4850612147162

This one i'm doing a case swap - Did a client build with FD Node recently and fell in love - Currently just waiting on some fittings and tubing.

11081341_10155402164110571_8671073124238

11080340_10155402164125571_1990044466608

[codename : Nova Stryker] 

CASE: Cooler Master Storm Stryker 

MOBO: Asus Z77 Sabertooth 

CPU: Intel 3570K @ 4.5Ghz 

RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz 16Gb 1.35v 

DRIVES: Crucial M500 240Gb (boot) 

WD Caviar Black 1Tb (storage) 

WD Caviar Black 500Gb (Raw recording drive) 

GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC / Bitspower Titan Block 

LCD: BenQ XL2411z 

PSU: CoolerMaster V1000 Gold 

SOUNDCARD: Soundblaster ZX / SkullCandy Plyr1 (White) 

Pump: Dazmode D5 

Reservoir: Monsoon Series Two Premium D5 White 

CPU: Bitspower Summit EF Icy Black 

Radiator: XSPC EX240 /  Darkside 240mm Silent Typhoons 2k rpm 

Coolant: Distilled Water + Daz Protector 

Fittings: Bitspower glossy white 7/16 5/8 

-------------------------------------------- 

[codename : Quorra Bloodscream] 

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy 

MOBO: Asrock Z77e-itx 

CPU: Intel 3770k @ 4.5ghz 

RAM: G.skill Trident X 2400mhz 8Gb 

DRIVES: OCZ Vertex 4 128gb (2x in raid 0) 

HGST Travelstar 1TB 

GPU: EVGA Nvidia 670 GTX 4Gb (1200/6400) 

LCD: HP 2509B 

PSU: Silverstone Strider 650w gold + short cable set. 

Sound: Asus Xonar U3 / V-Moda Crossfade LP 

HHHHHNG, that cable management. We are from the same era *high fives*

Edited by kiteohatto

Old image when i was trying to get extra lights in, don't mind the cable management here ;p. The cooler is Noctua NH-D14(which is a total brick, but cools as well as any watercooler at the time of purchase).

dRjC9AW.jpg

oh you could def push 4.8-5ghz, maybe with one of the larger closed loops if you have a good sized case.

oh you could def push 4.8-5ghz, maybe with one of the larger closed loops if you have a good sized case.

I tried to get higher when but the jump between voltage and 200-400mhz wasn't worth it for me ;p. I would rather take super low voltage that is stable and runs at 4.6 than 4.8-5 that requires a lot more power :) . When i was overclocking the 4.8 jump required at least 1.2v which gave me much higher temps.

The case is full tower CM Stryker, i'll probably keep this for a veeeery long time.

I guess, i'll pray around with clocks again when i upgrade to dual gpus, definitely will go with nvidia this time.

Edited by kiteohatto

I tried to get higher when but the jump between voltage and 200-400mhz wasn't worth it for me ;p. I would rather take super low voltage that is stable and runs at 4.6 than 4.8-5 that requires a lot more power :) . When i was overclocking the 4.8 jump required at least 1.2v which gave me much higher temps.

The case is full tower CM Stryker, i'll probably keep this for a veeeery long time.

I guess, i'll pray around with clocks again when i upgrade to dual gpus, definitely will go with nvidia this time.

nah if youre going high res go amd this turn again, they have HBM memory so will have better performance at hgiher res most likely, The R9 300 series is looking to be pretty awesome.

Also look at a new cooler, 1.2v isnt terrible and with a high end closed loop water cooler you caould def hit 4.8-5ghz without temp issues.

Edited by Echoa